Trainz Plus Beta PC - 125409 (Content Creators Update)

n3v_laurence

Hello Everyone,

The Trainz team has been hard at work, and are getting ready for the next major update. This update has several new features and improvements that focus on improving content creation.

Key Features:
  • Filter Palette
  • S20 Bulk Replace
  • TCCP Route Export
Filter Palette:
The Asset Filter Palette allows the Surveyor 2.0 user to designate which assets respond to tool execution (eg. placement or painting) and other commands. This is useful to allow editing of certain object types in the world without accidentally modifying other nearby-but-unrelated objects. This palette is also used for S20 Bulk Replace

Asset Filter options:
  • Filter Disabled - Filter can be edited but has no effect. The assets listed on the Filter Palette can be used for S20 Bulk Replace without impacting the Asset Palette
  • Filter List - The Asset Palette is restricted to showing the matching assets specified on the Filter Palette
  • Filter Selection - In addition to Filter List, only the enabled assets can be selected in the 3D world instance
  • Filter Visibility - In addition to Filter Selection, only the assets enabled in the Filter Palette will appear visible in the 3D world instance. The rest will be made invisible and be deselected if previously selected.
S20 Bulk Replace:
Bulk Replace Filtered Assets is a new tool for S20. This tool is to be used in conjunction with the Filter Palette. This tool can be used to bulk replace both assets and ground textures.
To use this tool follow these steps while in Surveyor 2.0:
  1. From the Windows Menu, open the Filter Palette
  2. In the Filter Palette, search for the assets you want to be replace and ensure only those assets are toggled
  3. In the Asset Palette, select the asset you wish to be used to replace the assets from step 2
  4. Right click on the assets/texture you selected from step 3.
  5. Select "Bulk Replace Filtered Assets"
** IMPORTANT NOTE ** Highlighting an asset on the Filter Palette does not impact Bulk Replace - Only assets toggled! Be sure you only have the assets you wish replaced toggled on in the Filter Palette.

Route Export:
This is a new tool that will prepare a route for TCCP submission. It can be used on both local routes, and MPS Routes, as long as the user is the route owner, and the route is not payware.
  • "Publish Route to TCCP..." Can be found under the Sharing Menu
  • Can be used to export MPS Routes in addition to local routes
  • New N3V Generic Log services
Useful tips:
  • Filter Visibility only works on assets - does not work for ground textures
  • Some instances have parents, and can not be made visible unless their parent is - such as trackside objects requiring track
  • CTRL + Shift + A can be used to select all assets in the filter list, and toggling on/off one of these, will change all to on/off
  • TCCP Upload requires an account with the EULA accepted on TCCP
  • The TCCP Project window will populate the route's details. It does not automatically add any sessions. Sessions will be required to be added to the Project window manually
Known issues:
  • This build lacks precache shaders. Stuttering and small freezes during first loads of routes is to be expected as well as longer initial load times. 'Compiling Shaders' can be seen top of the screen during initial runs and slow performance is to be expected during this process.
  • Assertion Errors are enabled for this build. Trainz will pause until Assertion Errors are closed. Users can select Continue and Ignore Errors. (Reporting when these occur with bugs will help with troubleshooting)
  • MPS is not supported for this build
  • DBR Window is not displayed immediately after update. Note: This is an intended change.
  • DLC Content will report "Failed to download precached data" - this error can be ignored and resolved by clicking on retry
  • Logs for TCCP Projects currently only listing for MPS Route Exports
Change Log:
  • Edit Route Detail: SD/HD option - Found in the Edit Route settings, a route owner can limit the type of edits made in a route. Able to be set and used in MPS Routes as well as local. SD will limit all edits, including HD edits at SD limits.
  • Select in Filter Palette - New option found in assets contextual menu. Opens the Filter palette and highlights the asset under custom filter.
  • Bulk Replace Filtered Assets - New option found right clicking an asset on the Asset Palette - to be used in conjunction with Filter Palette
  • Filter Palette - New palette found in the Windows Menu
  • Publish Route to TCCP - New option found in Sharing Menu for TCCP Route export
  • Show Logs List - New Logs found under Developer options on the Trainz Launcher
  • DirectX12 (Beta) - Option Removed
  • New Build Version 5.5
  • Misc. Bug Fixes

REMINDER:
** Please ensure you have a backup of your local data folder before using it with Trainz Plus Beta **

INSTALLING & PATCHING:

For Trainz Plus Beta via the Trainz Plus Beta Stream
PC Trainz Store Only:

PC: Requires Trainz Plus 123794 (PC). This is a small patch 99 MiB for build 125409

Please report any bugs using this link: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Last edited:
-Still the slow loading of all splines on larger routes (1500+bb) when you switch driver
-Bulk Update Replace in S2 ?, I searched a lot for a seperate tool but could not find it
(after reading, it should be somewhere hidden in the new filter)
-TLR has not changed as far as I could find
-people asked for better control of paint under spline, no change
-a new filter window appeared or can be opened, but has the same icons as the "Asset" window has,
why cant the 2 be integrated into 1 ?
ofc more precise filtering is possible by making custom filters
but still it could be just 1 good Asset window
(preferable outside the S2 interface on a seperate monitor = like CM is)
-older bugs never get fixed, there are many post on this Forum and on Discord, read them please !

It has been 6 months since the last beta,
12 orso fulltime employees can do a lot in that time if they get a clear roadmap and guidance
please, please, hire a real interface designer, just 2 people that write snippets of code is not working
seems TS3 does a lot better, hats off to Matthias for his hard work there.

GM (who pays a lot to be a dissappointed beta tester) crawls back to TRS19 build 100240, sigh

And how about the broken issues we've been plagued with since TLR came out?
So far my test session is running as it did in the first release of TLR. The confusion of the last release has not been shown while my session is running.

On a different note, the sparkling trees are gone as far as I can see. I'm still using the same video driver as before and the sparkles are still showing up in my unpatched Stable version of Trainz Plus.

The filter bug has been fixed. This rendered all track objects invisible when the filter was switched from Filter Visibility to Filter Selection or Filter List. The Filters are now in a new separate Filter Palette with a few new options.

I'm getting an error when attempting to update that the Patch is not viable.

Details:
Failed to determine checksum for E:\TS2022+\Trainz Plus\resources\prebuilt\assets.tdx

Looking in this folder, I only have an asset-cache.tdx. Any ideas?

I'm getting an error when attempting to update that the Patch is not viable.

Details:
Failed to determine checksum for E:\TS2022+\Trainz Plus\resources\prebuilt\assets.tdx

Looking in this folder, I only have an asset-cache.tdx. Any ideas?
It may be best to re-install Trainz+,123794 then attempt the update patch again.

S20 Bulk Replace:
Bulk Replace Filtered Assets is a new tool for S20. This tool is to be used in conjunction with the Filter Palette. This tool can be used to bulk replace both assets and ground textures.
To use this tool follow these steps while in Surveyor 2.0:
I tried out the new S20 Bulk Replace tool on ground textures and I can report that it works well.

I do have a few suggestions that could possibly be included in a future beta release or, if too complex, a future quarterly update. Perhaps some of these are already "in the pipeline", if so then great!
  • The "toggle" icon in the Filter Palette took me a few goes to figure out (yes, I am slow). Instead of the white square a more traditional check tick would make it more obvious (for slow people like me)
  • It would be great if you could use the Eyedropper to select the textures (or objects) to be given a toggle in the Filter Palette instead of having to search for them manually
  • The Scale control setting in the Tool Options Palette has no effect on the replacement texture. It always seems to be painted at the same scaling (100%??). I appreciate that if a user selects an extreme scaling value (e.g. 0.01%) then they could be twiddling their thumbs waiting the replacement to occur, but it would be great if you could set the scale to a suitable value, for example to match the scale of the original texture
  • The Bulk Replace is an all or nothing option. The replacement occurs everywhere throughout the entire route. It would be great if you could mark out a marquee area in which the replacement would occur and nowhere else.
In any case, a great job in bringing this long sought after feature from Classic into S2.0.

Morning all, just had a couple of questions.
This build lacks precache shaders. Stuttering and small freezes during first loads of routes is to be expected as well as longer initial load times. 'Compiling Shaders' can be seen top of the screen during initial runs and slow performance is to be expected during this process.
This condition wont continue as you play, will it? My biggest complaint with Train Sim World 4 is that the map is built around you as you drive instead of all initially.
DirectX12 (Beta) - Option Removed
Does this mean that the attempt to implement DX12 compatibility has been axed?

Cheers

There are delays the first time a route is loaded. The delay varies depending on the size of the route. This is to be expected with any beta build as they aren't optimized.

I would guess the beta option of DX12 was removed to stop people choosing it. I wouldn't read anymore into it. Again not uncommon to have features disabled in beta builds.

Makes sense. 👍🏼 I was trying to say that with the stable builds, at least with my pc specs, the entire map is generated (but scenery gets drawn in as you go) at once when you load a route because the game precaches assets during the load. I guess I don’t notice the delays, they sort of blend into the process of things for me. 😁 Anyway, with TSW, it seems that larger assets are generated in a smaller radius, and in dense scenery it causes stutters. I was just wondering if this was anything similar, since the shaders would be compiled in-game rather than at loadup.
No matter what, it’s still a beta build so it isn’t optimized yet, like you said.
Thanks for the info @wreeder!

Last edited:
Back