does anybody know this? kuid:61119:80005:127

<kuid:61119:80005> AUS Parcels and Mail is packaged in the following sessions for <kuid2:429398:100003:13> Japan - Model Trainz
<kuid2:429398:100562:6> Rush hour
<kuid2:429398:100029:6> Minato Express Early 90s
<kuid2:429398:100023:5> Max Shinkansen
<kuid2:429398:100030:6> Freight and Emergency Service
And is a dependency for <kuid:438196:4929> JNR kiyuni28 vermilion, also packaged in those sessions.
The :127 on the end is an error, made obvious by the fact that it is not a "kuid2:" at the front. If that is in a config.txt file, it can be corrected by removing the :127 portion. Listing asset versions shows no other versions than the original.

I found <kuid:61119:80005> AUS Parcels and Mail installed without the :127.

I would run a database repair and see if that fixes that problem. On the Launcher or while in Content Manager, click on the Developer menu and choose Rebuild database.

The asset is also found on the DLS. An FTP client is needed or configure Edge browser, if you are using that, to load the website using Internet Explorer mode. This setting is found under Default browser in the settings.

I don't know where to find it. Can anyone help please?
Any asset with an extension :127 will not exist as it is a Trainz problem. It can be fixed by identifying what the correct extension is (i.e. 61119:80005:1) and going into the Route config and changing it from :127 to :1. It is a royal pain in the ass job if you have lots of them (which I do!). Regards. Colin.

Why :127 should be a problem? It it just the 127th revision of the original. From the Trainz Wiki about KUID2 format: "This allows data items (Trainz Assets) to carry an inherent version code for the asset, with a limit of 127 revisions." There are many :127 assets that are "Built-in" or "Packaged".

Why :127 should be a problem? It it just the 127th revision of the original. From the Trainz Wiki about KUID2 format: "This allows data items (Trainz Assets) to carry an inherent version code for the asset, with a limit of 127 revisions." There are many :127 assets that are "Built-in" or "Packaged".
Yeh whatever! Ignore my message if you so wish.

It is a problem because N3V removed them from the DLS. They were made the .127 version by a bug. Way back when both content manager and the DLS had a bug that effected assets in the KUID2 format but were missing the version number or the version number was .0 which is invalid. Both of them would assign version .127 to the asset to make the kuid2 number valid. These assets being on the DLS then made it impossible to upload a new version with a properly assigned version number. Also since the DLS automatically downloads the highest version of an asset they were downloaded by lots of users who then used them in routes. As Driver_Col correctly pointed out, You need to find the highest valid version of the asset and download it and then change the config to reference it and not the .127 version.

So, why "Built-in" or "Packaged" :127 assets?
N3V creates very little content. They mostly just include already created items as built-in or they ask creators to create routes for the next version release. Packaged items are just items from the DLS used by a DLC creator in their DLC. Should there be an system for checking and preventing this from happening, yes but there isn't. When the .127 items were on the DLS, lots of people downloaded them because the game said the assets were an update. It is a mess.

HPL - You asked a question and have been given answers, which you are choosing to question. This is NOT a new problem. i would suggest that you do a complete Forum search for Posts containing :127, and then you might just realize the depth of this issue. Who knows, you might even decide to do something constructive about fixing it as there would appear to be little else we can do for you.

This is not HPL's thread, I believe he is just trying to clarify that there are some legitimate :127 assets. I think he is aware of the issues for many other assets, but all :127 assets are not necessarily errors. If I am mistaken HPL, I apologize.

Well, TRS2004 introduced the KUID2 format and I have never seen an legitimate asset that has gone through 127 version. Some script based asset have pretty high version numbers like the ones done by pguy which are often built-in to new versions of Trainz or script based assets like JR libraries for their signals. But I would need to see one that has reach the 127th revision naturally to believe they exist. Perhaps either of you can provide one.

When kuid2 came about for updating an asset it caused some assets to have the wrong kuid entered. kuid:99999:999:1 or kuid2:99999:999 were both given the 127 version because the kuid was incorrect. These did get corrected with a later version of Trainz. This is why some older routes and sessions look for them because at that time they would have been in the config files kuid table.

Back