Odd passenger station behavior

I recently upgraded to Trainz+ build 123794. For passenger stations I'm using STATION BASIC 2:30501:22005:5 and a bunch of the Amtrak Station versions 2:101046:xxxxxxxx:x.

On a new route, passenger trains are exhibiting a lot of weird behavior:

1. AI trains stopping short of the station. I think this has been a known bug for a while, but I've never experienced it.
2. AI trains refusing to proceed to the next destination after a load/unload command. It looks like the command list at the bottom of the screen is jumping around like the program is confused. (If I run the train manually for a couple of minutes after it balks, I can usually put it back into AI mode and it will run to the next destination.)
3. Passenger car doors that used to open during load/unload no longer opening.

I've only tried to troubleshoot the problem on one STATION BASIC station so far. I replaced the STATION basic as well as all of the track, switches and signals within about a mile of the station. No improvement. Also did a database rebuild. No improvement.

I'm reluctant to submit a bug report because my last one regarding Smooth Spline Height (track) has been sitting for a couple of weeks now. Got some quick questions back from the QC team, then nothing.

I and others are having this problem (item #2) with build 123794. click here:

EDIT: Somehow, I thought the problem was limited to AJS Invisible Stations because that is what I use. Based on your comment about the same issue with the Amtrak series of stations makes me conclude that the problem is more widespread than I thought. So hopefully N3V has given or will give this bug fix a higher priority. Thanks guyprentice for your post.

Last edited:
I'm reluctant to submit a bug report because my last one regarding Smooth Spline Height (track) has been sitting for a couple of weeks now. Got some quick questions back from the QC team, then nothing.
That is not unusual.

My last bug report took nearly a month before it received a response typed by a human. The response was a confirmation that it was a problem although I do get negative responses along the lines of "we have been unable to reproduce this issue".

The N3V QA team is small and, I am certain, the number of reports can often be overwhelming. Add to that the need to adequately test what can sometimes be very vague reports (not implying anything about your report) then delays are understandable.

Fixing confirmed issues is never as simple as some posters here assume. I do recall one bug that I reported back in TRS12 took until the release of TRS19 before it was fixed.

small staff + development time + thoroughly testing each "fix" = long delays

My guiding principle is that I have performed by job by reporting the problem, they are the experts so I let them get on with their jobs regardless of how long it may take.

I have found a quick workaround for the stalling at stations but not stopping short. Place a 20 second Wait... command after the load command. The AI will stop at the station, hopefully, load up, wait 20 seconds, then proceed.

Remember, this is Trainz past performance doesn't guarantee future results and a workaround may or may not work for you and the only way to find out is to try it yourself.

The problem is "Depending On". I am happy if the train just stops at all of my stations. Sometimes the passengers do cycle but they all focus on exiting the engine :censored: and boarding it. Trainz is an activity for our imagination. You have to adapt until someone is free from development to take a look at your issue.

The IF statement is a nasty item. It refers to other supporting actions who may have an IF statement looking at yet other settings. Setting the whole environment for an action can be messy.

That is not unusual.

My last bug report took nearly a month before it received a response typed by a human. The response was a confirmation that it was a problem although I do get negative responses along the lines of "we have been unable to reproduce this issue".

The N3V QA team is small and, I am certain, the number of reports can often be overwhelming. Add to that the need to adequately test what can sometimes be very vague reports (not implying anything about your report) then delays are understandable.

Fixing confirmed issues is never as simple as some posters here assume. I do recall one bug that I reported back in TRS12 took until the release of TRS19 before it was fixed.

small staff + development time + thoroughly testing each "fix" = long delays

My guiding principle is that I have performed by job by reporting the problem, they are the experts so I let them get on with their jobs regardless of how long it may take.
Zec mentioned in one of the posts on this topic, that this issue appears to be related to the new Trainz Living Railroad and that he will be adding this to the work queue for the developers. Let's hope this got worked on and we will be surprised by the update in the upcoming beta where the developers fixed the issue with errant AI acting up during sessions where they ignore signals, and do other things.

UPDATE: Partial success......I tried all of the suggestions in the thread with no success. I switched commands for passenger trains to "Load at." I had been using "Call At" or "Navigate to Station v2," which, up until now had worked fine. The trains still aren't opening doors or loading/unloading passengers, but at least the train is stopping close to the right spot, and starts up again when the "Load at" function has completed. It does not require a "wait for..." command to work properly for me.

My station commands are always like this: Navigate to (station name)--<kuid:82348:2017001> LM3D Unload - Load passengers at Station--Wait for 2 minutes--Navigate to (next station)...

Hi Dave - I tried LM3D Unload and it didn't fare any better for me than the old load/unload commands did. "Load at" was the only command that would get me some benefit. Trains now stop with the power just past the end of the station track and they start right back up again when they're supposed to. Beta releases - small steps I guess!

Back