Asset removed from the Download Station

screecher

So I am having a bit of a problem with some things on the DLS. So I found this very cool route called Eagle County. But every time I attempt to download it, it gives me an error saying that the route has been removed from the DLS. This doesn't make sense, as when I search up that asset, it IS on the DLS! Why is N3V not letting me download it? It only applies to this route. Someone please explain this.

Last edited:
I’m not sure if trainz-build compatibility prevents downloading, but maybe check that aspect.

Assets can be removed as a result of code-of-conduct violations by the author. If other assets by the same author have also been removed, it could indicate this is the reason. If it has been removed only recently, it might take a while before it disappears from view.

Can’t think of anything else that might explain it.

The following post might help.

Kay, now I am installing it off of CM, but it says there are lots of unknown assets. Most if not all of them are by someone called "tume", whoever THAT is

Last edited:
Kay, now I am installing it off of CM, but it says there are lots of unknown assets. Most if not all of them are by someone called "tume", whoever THAT is
Tume is the creator of the Avery Drexel Milwaukee Road DLC route, as a result a lot of his assets are payware and come up as unknown unless you install the route they are part of. you'd probably need to download that route in order to get those assets , I think its one of the bundled routes with the latest versions of trainz,

Tume is the creator of the Avery Drexel Milwaukee Road DLC route, as a result a lot of his assets are payware and come up as unknown unless you install the route they are part of. you'd probably need to download that route in order to get those assets , I think its one of the bundled routes with the latest versions of trainz,
I am using 19! And I need to buy it. Criticize me all you want but: why would someone put payware assets in a free route??? Some people still play 19, and I am using 19 because I think there are compatibility issues with some older assets if I use Trainz 22

I am using 19! And I need to buy it. Criticize me all you want but: why would someone put payware assets in a free route??? Some people still play 19, and I am using 19 because I think there are compatibility issues with some older assets if I use Trainz 22
We often don't have any choice, routes get made payware content included years after they were first made. Ive made routes using freeware items items that later get used by a payware creator and then we get folks like you complaining about it.

If NV3 decide to take an asset or route and make it built in , the original creator has no choice as by uploading assets to the DLS as the user agreement allows NV3 to do what they want with them. it is almost impossible to make a freeware route without using some payware. Its usually not the fault of the freeware creators . What is worse is using masses of items from external sites because all too often they close down and then the assets are gone for good and we have endless numbers of users desperately trying to track them down. .

By all means don't buy Avery Drexel and delete the Eagle county route. its only a guess on my part that the tume items are from AD anyway and I have zero obligation to help you out , given your attitude, I doubt that I will do so in future. Or another option is that you could find substitutes for the items and use them in the freeware route you want to use.

BTW knocking freeware creators won't win you any friends , you are lucky so much of the content in trainz is freeware, most other sims have very limited range of free assets.

Last edited:
TUME has created many fine payware routes, and created many nice assets as part of them. So nice that a lot of freeware creators will use them because they fit what the creator is trying to model. It is a fact of life and Trainz that a LOT of freeware routes use payware assets, if not from Trainz, then from JR or K&L or somewhere else. If you object to this, your only option is to stick with freeware routes that advertise they are all DLS or DLS only. That also should eliminate the search for third-party assets, which is also a fact of life for Trainz most of the time. However, if you look at this as a replacement for the now much more expensive physical model railroading, then consider these purchases as adding to your collection, as you would in the physical world. There, you would have to buy or make every single asset you needed or wanted in your layout.

TUME has created many fine payware routes, and created many nice assets as part of them. So nice that a lot of freeware creators will use them because they fit what the creator is trying to model. It is a fact of life and Trainz that a LOT of freeware routes use payware assets, if not from Trainz, then from JR or K&L or somewhere else. If you object to this, your only option is to stick with freeware routes that advertise they are all DLS or DLS only. That also should eliminate the search for third-party assets, which is also a fact of life for Trainz most of the time. However, if you look at this as a replacement for the now much more expensive physical model railroading, then consider these purchases as adding to your collection, as you would in the physical world. There, you would have to buy or make every single asset you needed or wanted in your layout.
I seem to remember Avery Drexel being bundled with Trainz 2010, I certainly don't remember paying for it. The first version I had was editable and I customized it a lot and ran it frequently , it was a great route for the era.

It was either payware or part of the platinum bundle when I first joined up with T:ANE standard. I then bought the platinum bundle when N3V offered it, so got TMR, and several routes including A&D and Season Town. Season Town is another one that is often the source of TUME assets, so one has to check each asset.

It was either payware or part of the platinum bundle when I first joined up with T:ANE standard. I then bought the platinum bundle when N3V offered it, so got TMR, and several routes including A&D and Season Town. Season Town is another one that is often the source of TUME assets, so one has to check each asset.
This was an updated version. I preferred the older one in TS2010 and TS12 to this one.

Last edited:
We often don't have any choice, routes get made payware content included years after they were first made. Ive made routes using freeware items items that later get used by a payware creator and then we get folks like you complaining about it.

If NV3 decide to take an asset or route and make it built in , the original creator has no choice as by uploading assets to the DLS as the user agreement allows NV3 to do what they want with them. it is almost impossible to make a freeware route without using some payware. Its usually not the fault of the freeware creators . What is worse is using masses of items from external sites because all too often they close down and then the assets are gone for good and we have endless numbers of users desperately trying to track them down. .

By all means don't buy Avery Drexel and delete the Eagle county route. its only a guess on my part that the tume items are from AD anyway and I have zero obligation to help you out , given your attitude, I doubt that I will do so in future. Or another option is that you could find substitutes for the items and use them in the freeware route you want to use.

BTW knocking freeware creators won't win you any friends , you are lucky so much of the content in trainz is freeware, most other sims have very limited range of free assets.
I know! I'll buy it. Not here to disrespect or anything, this is JUST my own opinion!

Imagine if they archive the old games from 2001-2009

Avery Drexel Milwaukee Road is part of Trainz A New Era Platinum Edition . You can download and play this route in TRS19 , just don't forget to download the extra " Additional TANE Assets for TRS19 " pack .

( maybe i'm wrong )

Avery - Drexel was one of the built in routes of TS10 as John remembered. It was then updated and included with the Trainz Deluxe Route Bundle was sold separately as DLC or was included in T:ANE Deluxe Edition.

That route pack is also included in the badly named Platinum Edition Bundle for existing TANE users.

Which is currently on sale for $24.99 USD and is easily the best way to buy it as you get lots of routes and rolling stock too.

Last edited:
As to why route builders add payware in their route, well aside from the obvious because the item looks good or is better than other options, the route creator might have it installed in their version of Trainz and not remember it was payware when they included it in their route. So it's not always malicious intent to make things difficult, it just happens, like when previous freeware becomes payware for whatever reason. It's all part of the game

Avery - Drexel was one of the built in routes of TS10 as John remembered. It was then updated and included with the Trainz Deluxe Route Bundle was sold separately as DLC or was included in T:ANE Deluxe Edition.

That route pack is also included in the badly named Platinum Edition Bundle for existing TANE users.

Which is currently on sale for $24.99 USD and is easily the best way to buy it as you get lots of routes and rolling stock too.
I don't have TANE

Back