Is there a place to learn how to setup TLR?

No, but if the industry has direction markers making the only exit for “returning train cars” will it just sit there or enter the portal?
I’ll try it and report back…

I'm still trying to figure out where a driver determines to "return" cars. My power plant was full of coal so no delivery was needed. My coal train simply parked itself on the main patiently waiting for another coal run. I did see what must have been session generated Track Marks where the train parked. I think it was LRxxxx for "Living Railroad" I assume. I tried to figure out when that TM gets generated but have yet to see it occur. In this case the coal train is made up and ready when the session starts. I think it "returns" to where it was at start but I need to verify that. I was watching other issues at the time.

I get my coal consists return to their starting location - provided that you don't interfere with it! It's also a command available, but it appears that a user can't use it!

Well, today's testing was interesting...
I'm using TRS22 123794. None of the portals on the DLS/built-in appear to work as expected...
Portal basic, portal basic short, portal (long one with tunnel) all let the consist derail at the end of the rail....
iPortals just cause the train to halt at the entrance, but remove the driver....

Is there somewhere I can find hoe to add a protal that works?

Colin

I wish they would set it up for portals also then maybe they would address all the portal issues. TLR with TLP. Trainz Living Portals could be the next big Plus item.:p

I know TLR will not work on long routes as they have stated in there last email. I have industries that are spread apart and they can not see each other to work . It works fine if you manually set it up to run the industries. Keep getting no reachable source for the power plant. And the coal mines are spread out.

Shureshot wrote:-
"I know TLR will not work on long routes as they have stated in there last email. I have industries that are spread apart and they can not see each other to work . It works fine if you manually set it up to run the industries. Keep getting no reachable source for the power plant. And the coal mines are spread out."

I have TLR delivering coal (empty train, load at colliery) to a power station at 11.5 track miles away (and multiple junctions)...

Happy New Year,
Colin

Shureshot wrote:-
"I know TLR will not work on long routes as they have stated in there last email. I have industries that are spread apart and they can not see each other to work . It works fine if you manually set it up to run the industries. Keep getting no reachable source for the power plant. And the coal mines are spread out."

I have TLR delivering coal (empty train, load at colliery) to a power station at 11.5 track miles away (and multiple junctions)...

Happy New Year,
Colin
11.5 miles is Short in Railroad Length.... Long routes that are more than 200 miles in length is what they are talking about here

I have really tried to open TLR. Tried several routes with a focus on latest TRS22 version of Kickstarter-Dispatchin Action TRS22. I have seen, in the past the TLR instructions under Window. But now they do not appear. Reboot, etc. no help. Also tried other routes/sessions to no avail.

Stupid error - Forgot to put it into Driver Mode. Sorry Spent lots of time in that mental dead-end.

Last edited:
What is the maximum distance from a train to is destination with TLR?
That seems to be a bit of a moving target. The first version we had a play with had no problems seeing industries all over the KSC 2 route but the latest one can be quite picky and only dispatch to industries nearby sometimes.

TLR should make sure that the loco is always front vehicle.... that you could have it run a round the consist.

It should also be able to use the turntable to get locos to the consists and back again.

Back