TS2010 Session making competition - feedback

Does Andrew have driver commands? At 7:01 he should navagate to trackmark PYSXover, wait 10 seconds then navagate via trackmark PYMS25, navagate to Trackmark PYMainNorth where the engine uncouples and goes to the turntable.

DAvid

David,

All of Andrew's commands are there, just as you describe above. The switch in front of him is open. There seems no reason why he shouldn't have track clearance.

I'm beginning to think that this may be another problem related to the fact that I haven't yet upgraded to SP4. I just hadn't got around to it. Maybe it's time I did. I'll let you know if that solves the problem.

Regards, Paul

Hi Dap
I am also getting the not driver command for kuid2:41009:9000005:1.
Haven't tried to run it passed the startup, since I get the red dot

Rob

It turns out the CN Holly SubDivision Pontiac Yard Ops session has a flaw. For some reason, the CMTM portals do not show up on the session on the DSL. The portals are on the original that was submitted for the DSL but somewhere along the line they got lost. Not sure how it happened, but it has been fixed with a new kuid#. I will be submitting it again to the DLS as soon as we can figure out what went wrong. In the mean time, you can download the replacement here. CN Holly SubDivision Pontiac Yard Ops Session Only

Just delete the old session before you load this one and all should work. Hope you enjoy.

David

Hello David,

I'm fully patched up to TRS2010 SP4 and I've downloaded the latest version of your session (from the link in your post above) and still, Andrew won't move!

At 7:01, the signal in front of him opens to let him through and his engine starts up, but he moves about 6 inches and then stops. Every 30 seconds or so you can see it looking for clearance and not getting it. I don't think he's ever going to move but I don't know why. The track is clear all the way round to his first target location. Is there any trigger that gives him the clearance to move?

The other trains appear to be leaving their portals ok. Ami, who doesn't show in the driver list at 7:00, appears at an appropriate time and is heading for the yard. The only problem is, I need Andrew's consist to prepare the 13 car Chicago consist for her. I can't continue the session.

I can't update or patch anything else. Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas? It looks like a good session if I can get past this problem.

Regards, Paul

I have no clue as to why Andrew is not moving toward the next Trackmark. There is no trigger involved. Obviously AI has kicked in if the WaitUntil icon has dropped out and the switch has aligned. Sometimes AI can be so mysterious.

Try taking Andrews train out of AI and driving it past the first switch, then put it back in AI. If it keeps going, that might tell us something - not sure what.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you.

Hopefully someone else has a solution or suggestion on what else to try.

David,

I wonder if the problem has anything to do with the length of the train. I was not sure how to turn the AI off and on again but what I did was to ctrl-right click on Andrew's engine and clicked on 'Move to train' to take over control of the train. I couldn't move it either. Then, I uncoupled after the 10th car and was able to drive the shortened train past the signal. Unfortunately, I don't know how to turn the AI back on so I'm not sure if he would have continued on his merry way.

Regards, Paul

I have no clue as to why Andrew is not moving toward the next Trackmark. There is no trigger involved. Obviously AI has kicked in if the WaitUntil icon has dropped out and the switch has aligned. Sometimes AI can be so mysterious.

Try taking Andrews train out of AI and driving it past the first switch, then put it back in AI. If it keeps going, that might tell us something - not sure what.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you.

Hopefully someone else has a solution or suggestion on what else to try.

David

I too am having trouble with Andrew not leaving his siding.

I have tried taking manual control of his train and it still refuses to move. I eventually attached a pair of SD40's using quick drive and this got the train moving. Once the train was all out of the siding I decoupled the helpers and let the AI takeover. Andrew pulled away very slowly. If I stopped him at the Pontiac wye he again stalled. Perhaps the train is too heavy especially on the fairly tight curves for a shunter, or there again it might be the wrong type of snow.

I am also having problems with the portal manager in surveyor or quick drive not showing any information for the consists that they are supposed to produce. This is for both versions of the session that you have provided.

Look forward to the problems being sorted out because I have enjoyed using your CMTM system in the past and have added it to a number of my own routes and I was looking forward to your competion entry.

Thanks for a great management system.

Paul,

Right click on the driver command bar at the bottom of the page and select Stop Train. This will put it into your control. To put it back to AI, right click again and select Continue Schedule.

David

Hi Dap
Thanks for the update. I've got andrew to move and dropoff his consist but when I couple to the cars the CMTM window reads no data for this car for the whole consist.
When I first start the session I get a window for day of the week. If I click on day one I get the red button, Something about variable out of range error. If I close that window without a choice another window opens with just day one on it. I can click on day one and begin. Couple to the autocars and I get their destinations. After sorting them in the yard I don't get any more destination.
Hope my description makes sense to you.

Rob

Trainz is a pain in the behind. Library applications such as CMTM are "persistant" to whatever session or route you origanally use them. If you delete the asset to which they are attached, the library asset remains.

At one time I was planning on a multiple day session, but to keep this within the guidelines for the contest, I removed the other days of the week. I thought I had the persistant copy deleted. It does not show up on the latest version I just downloaded from CN Holly SubDivision Pontiac Yard Ops Session Only

I'm not sure how the original librarry asset persists on your copy. I'm not sure even Auran knows how to remove it. It was showing up on my route, but then I did a Quick Database Repair and the multi-day version was gone. If you just close the mutliday window with the x in the upper right corner, it will not be used. The single day version has the database for this session. Click on the one-and-only Day1 and every car should have a destination. I wish Auran would give us a specific and thorough way of removing a persistant library asset.

Hope this makes some kind of sense.

David

David,

As you suggested, I moved Andrew's train by stopping and starting the AI. However, I could only do it by moving 10 cars first. Then I returned to move the rest but I could only move 11 and 12, one at a time, at which point I was able to return and move the final 15 all at once. There seems to be a problem pulling any length of train if part of it is over the 2 junctions near cars 11 and 12.

Once I reassembled the whole train on a straight piece of track, I was able to return it to AI and it moved ok. Of course by then, several other AI trains had moved and there was chaos in the yard - session over!

It would appear that Andrew needs more engine power - or a lighter train.

Regards, Paul

I have seen something like this on another session I was working on. It seems the load capacity in the config file of one car was off by a factor of 100 so when the car was loaded it represented 100 cars. I was pulling this consist of about 30 cars with two Trainmasters and it would only move at 1mph.

I am not seeing your problem with my set-up so it is hard to fix it. However, I'd say replace cars eleven and twelve in the consist and see if that fixes it.

Could it be that not all built-in content is the same?

David

I just started the session a couple more times. If I hit escape once, the day of the week window goes away . I can click in the window with just day one. Doing that andrews list shows. However this was the third time that I had started the session, Andrew would not move even with stop train. I did see where his consist was going through the gm yard and coming out the other side. Is this where he starts? The first two times he made the drop so it could be a memory problem. I've notice before the strange thing can happen when memory run low.

Rob

Rob,

The escape key works as well to eliminate the unwanted application. I guess low memory could be a cause of the problem. When I got my latest computer, I got it with as much memeory as it would hlod and I have never run out yet.

Hope you enjoy the session.

David

Nothing special needs to be done - we'll look at all sessions submitted for the qualifying routes.

However, I'd recommend mentioning the session in this thread just to make sure we don't miss it :).

James,

I submitted two sessions last week. One is up- the CN Holly Subdivision Pontiac Yard Ops. There seem to be some problems with it - mainly that all the driver commands used do not automatically show and download as dependencies.

There is also a driver command that is not on the DLS. It is thackalane's WaitUntilV2. I thought he was going to upload V2, but I guess he is busy with other things. Can I submit his revision for posting to the DSL or must that only come from him?

The second session I uploaded and which you acknowledged recieving in a PM to me on Feb 17 is the Switching Grogan Loop session for the Downtown Traction Company route. It is nowhere to be found. I got an email stating that the CN Holly Sub session would be on the DLS within 6 hrs, but I never did get an email concerning Switching Grogan Loop. Per your request, consider it mentioned here so you don't miss it.

David

Last edited:
David,

Your last solution seems to have fixed my problem. I replaced cars 11 and 12 on Andrew's train and now things seem to be working smoothly.

That's why we love this simulation so much!

Regards, Paul

I have seen something like this on another session I was working on. It seems the load capacity in the config file of one car was off by a factor of 100 so when the car was loaded it represented 100 cars. I was pulling this consist of about 30 cars with two Trainmasters and it would only move at 1mph.

I am not seeing your problem with my set-up so it is hard to fix it. However, I'd say replace cars eleven and twelve in the consist and see if that fixes it.

Could it be that not all built-in content is the same?

David

I have checked all the boxcars in Andrew's train and it is the three NP boxcars that are "overloaded". They are each carrying 256 goods and weigh in at 357 tons each compared with 26 tons for all the other loaded boxcars. So I would suggest these are the ones that need replacing.

Back