NYC subway Route

I soon start to put things on DSL soon.

Routes in the making 1,2,3,4,5,6 Train lines

Brooklyn= 50% Manhattan=0 Bronx0=0

Livonia Yard

New Lots Ave

Utica Ave

Franklin Ave

You could also use the height tool for New Lots, but I'm sure you already know that.:D

See? This is what happens when people wait for quality content. Excellent work so far! By the way, are you doing subway content as well, or just elevated? Just curious.

You could also use the height tool for New Lots, but I'm sure you already know that.:D

See? This is what happens when people wait for quality content. Excellent work so far! By the way, are you doing subway content as well, or just elevated? Just curious.

I'm planning on doing the under ground subway as well, Think on what needs to be made, Like the tracks, tunnels, and maybe station. You have ideas you making for the under ground subway contents?

Well I do have some models, but they're in Autodesk Inventor. Mainly ballast, nothing special. I could export it to .3DS if you want to look at it.
Ballast.png

Well I do have some models, but they're in Autodesk Inventor. Mainly ballast, nothing special. I could export it to .3DS if you want to look at it.

Wow, that looks great, that be good for the tunnels, well the updated tunnels. If you like, sure I don't mind taking a look. You have though of doing the texture for it? oh you was able to add me on the messager?

Last edited:
Excellent work! I am working on a NYC Subway Layout as well. I hope to get some ideas from your pictures. As someone who loves painstaking detail :)hehe:), I believe that your work is amazing!

Excellent work! I am working on a NYC Subway Layout as well. I hope to get some ideas from your pictures. As someone who loves painstaking detail :)hehe:), I believe that your work is amazing!

Thanks, there a lot of detail you can use for making your routes. ^^. What layout you working on?

NYC Progress Map

Thanks, there a lot of detail you can use for making your routes. ^^. What layout you working on?

Below is a map of my progress for my own NYC Subway Route for TRS2006; this way, you can get a feel for the project.

NYCProgressMap.png

All lines crossing the East River stop right at the end of the land mass--it's small to see, but the F has not been built to Roosevelt Island yet.
Hope it helps!

Last edited:
Below is a map of my progress for my own NYC Subway Route for TRS2006; this way, you can get a feel for the project.

All lines crossing the East River stop right at the end of the land mass--it's small to see, but the F has not been built to Roosevelt Island yet.
Hope it helps!

I see, you been doing a lot making the routes in manhattan. But you only have the tunnels routes, but everything else will not be done in months?

Great work on the progress doing all the Manhattan line routes.

I'll be tweaking the spline tool in a few hours so that I can see if I can get some elevated canopies into the game. I'll show the progress in steps, with the images below. Warning, large images.

A reverence picture: http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?466

If everything works out correctly, this will be the first of many.
Step1.png

Step2.png

Step3.png

Step4.png

Step5.png

Step6.png

And the finished product:
Step7.png

Last edited:
I finally got the spline tool to work with a little help.:p A little tweaking and some add-ons and these should be ready to go.
NowItsOfficiallyOVER.png

Hope this helps with the 3 Line. Enjoy!

Amazingly good. I think that the nycta splines for stations are very helpful because you can alter how the spline looks and make stations look differently. Good luck on your project
Eric

I finally got the spline tool to work with a little help.:p A little tweaking and some add-ons and these should be ready to go.
NowItsOfficiallyOVER.png

Hope this helps with the 3 Line. Enjoy!

You have really out done your self making the Station. That looks more cleaner than the stations I make. But I give it 5/5 on the stations. :udrool:

And by having the spline made it makes everything easy to use then the scenery of the hole station that is made in one?

Last edited:
Well, I have been making new Tunnels for the Subway lines. The Black have been replaced with the brighter color dirty brown to gray. So more tunuel and more stations for the under ground coming soon!!!!!!

A 6 way track with two tracks going down with the other 4 track stay leveled.

the tunnel you see in the middle have the middle opening so you can let the tracks go down or up any way you can use them.

You see here is the 4way tack.

This you see, you have a 6 track above and 4 track on the bottom.

you plan releasing these are or these personal? i love the way you edited the meshes of the tunnels now they look like real NYCTA subway tunnels. magiclands had too much open pillars.

Well, the black ones would work better in that there is no light coming in the tunnels, so therefore it would look more realistic in terms of lighting.
Eric

Well, the black ones would work better in that there is no light coming in the tunnels, so therefore it would look more realistic in terms of lighting.
Eric

The tunnels aren't black. Thats decades of layers of dust. They are a combination of brown to dark gray concrete.

you plan releasing these are or these personal? i love the way you edited the meshes of the tunnels now they look like real NYCTA subway tunnels. magiclands had too much open pillars.

He didn't edit the mesh. These are new models of tunnels, just like the stations and the tracks. There are many more pieces to work on, but it's making very good progress.

Like I said Black Tunnels are good not because the walls are actually black but because it shows how there is no lighting in the tunnels (realism).
Eric

Back