Screenshots of European Trains

cf4b34f297cf2a32.jpg

cc4a4234ff2a3a17.jpg

Sorry to quote an image, and pardon my ignorance about European trains, but what engine is this?

To times pardon in one note, that's something :p

The locomotive is a Baureihe (type or series in US terms) 52 belonging to the former East German State Railways. I will let the pundits add further detail about the peculiarities of this particular type, but suffice to say that this socalled Kriegslok - a war design parallell to the USRA types of WWI vintage - was designed as an austerity version of the Baureihe 50 but with a limited lifespan due to the use of less refined equipment, materials and production methods. The last was really an understatement, because the 52's were amongst the last of the operative steamers in the old DDR - and we are speaking late 80'ies if not early 90'ties here.

Very interesting. That locomotive really intrigues me, because of my German WWII railroad side project that I plan on starting. I have seen pics of this same style of locomotive in the German camouflage pulling heavy troop trains. Is this particular locomotive available on the DLS, or some other site.

Very interesting. That locomotive really intrigues me, because of my German WWII railroad side project that I plan on starting. I have seen pics of this same style of locomotive in the German camouflage pulling heavy troop trains. Is this particular locomotive available on the DLS, or some other site.

Hi Jade,

I made myself a German WWII railroad you can download it from here if you want.
http://www.trainzro.com/downloads_layouts.php
If you need info about german rolling stock in that period and links contact me on PM ;)

Back