Trainz Rudeness

VIA.RAIL

Trainz Canada fan
There is rudeness in the chat window.Once in a while,a fight starts.Its not funny and I have been in one a couple of times.

Have you never seen idiots arguing in the iTrainz chat? I've seen it several times but I have never once seen anything productive happen there.

Ah itrainz chat. I dont have actual internet so Im not in the chat. But honestly, were adults, who cares whats said in the itrainz chat.

Ah itrainz chat. I dont have actual internet so Im not in the chat. But honestly, were adults, who cares whats said in the itrainz chat.

I disabled it in TANE's Content manager, no icon in TANE or options to turn it on and it's carried that through all versions of TANE. Unmoderated chat is always full of trouble makers and moderating it properly is a full time job for as soon as the moderator goes of line the Trolls reappear, it's a no win situation (Ex Chat room mod for many years) I assume not ever having used N3V's chat, there is an ignore button or feature, if there is I'd suggest those with delicate ears use it or use some other means of communicating.

Well, judging by his profile, he is quite a young lad, so I think we should apply a degree of sensitivity here (and to his other thread).

Paul

Hi everybody
I one hundred percent Agree with Malc (clam1952) in his comments that chat rooms need fulltime moderation. Even high activity forums often need the same level of supervision which is very much my expeirience being a Manchester United supporter and visiting many football forums and chat rooms.

In regard to adverse comment's in this thread on users of Trainz IPad version, I would remind forum members that the N3V management asked that criticism of that version and its users should be avoided as it accounts for a large section of this Trainz franchise revenue income. As they stated then "no mobile version, no Trainz at all in any version".

Mobile gaming is now the largest sector in the whole gaming market engaged in by young and adults alike. Some on this forum may may well not appreciate that platform, but those who engage in it are on equal to any other members of this forum in my humble opinion, and may well be responsible for continuing maintainence and advancement of the windows version of this hobby.

Bill

Last edited:
What would help is splitting the chat into...
- Area for people with registered accounts playing on a mobile device
- Area for people with registered accounts playing on a PC or Mac
- Area for people without registered accounts (all those "drivers")

Anyway, a topic and longer list of suggestions can be found in the Suggestion Boxcar:
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?105789-Upgraded-upgrade-chat-iTrainz
Probably could use some updating / additions.

I disabled it in TANE's Content manager, no icon in TANE or options to turn it on and it's carried that through all versions of TANE. Unmoderated chat is always full of trouble makers and moderating it properly is a full time job for as soon as the moderator goes of line the Trolls reappear, it's a no win situation (Ex Chat room mod for many years) I assume not ever having used N3V's chat, there is an ignore button or feature, if there is I'd suggest those with delicate ears use it or use some other means of communicating.

Did you disable it by checking the 'disable online features' box in the Settings/Internet tab, or is there another way of disabling it in Content Manager?

Scottish

We need to do do something because Trainz people are getting worse.:(
imagegif

Did you disable it by checking the 'disable online features' box in the Settings/Internet tab, or is there another way of disabling it in Content Manager?

Scottish

Dead easy it's disabled in Content Manager <kuid:30501:1003> iTrainz Chat Interface.

The simple answer is - don't use chat.

I've looked at it a couple of times and wondered 'why do people bother with this rubbish ?' :).

It adds nothing to the game but is (I guess) a good selling point with younger people who tend to like such things, rather than old gits like me !

Back