UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

rumour3 When are you going to upload your class 70 to the download station.

Thanks Dave, but no offence taken to 1996's post. It's a reasonable question given the amount of time since I first posted pics of it. I've had it kicking around on my hard drive in a sort-of useable state for a very long time, but it does need a bit of work to get it into an uploadable state (LODs, textures, animations etc), and I'm afraid my limited T:ANE time, outside of work, has been spent on other stuff. In addition, I'd been waiting for T:ANE to settle down before uploading anything significant like a new loco. I think the game has been stable for a while now so that's no longer a good excuse.

I've got a fortnight off work with no particular agenda so there's a chance I might find the time to get some of my stuff into an uploadable condition. Watch this space, but no promises.

R3

14238112_10209079232930489_3982114518185622411_n.jpg

Just been getting to grips with TANE after a long absence from Trainz. My graphics aren't up to much but it's great to be back in surveyor!

Heartbeat Era

A hark back to the early sixties and "the Heartbeat era" of green and maroon. Deltic Class 55 passing Darlington on a down ECML express. Classes 37 and 46 in the down loop/siding while a Class 40 is on a tanker train and a Class 08 whiles away time in the yard.

You know I was just working on one of
Yours looks better than mine though, so I'll find something else to do. Nice to see someone else using Sketchup, I'm not alone. :eek: I've seen the real thing at Dufftown, certainly an interesting unit though I suspect the general public see it as "just another Pacer".

Anyway, back to screenshots...
915f6d2d434da27682e48a937e96a7d8.jpg

Revamped Banks Heath ft. GT3
(Must. Stop. Finding. Ways to incorporate GT3 in to screenshots! :hehe:)

Is that the same GT3 that I asked if it was on the DLS?

Yup (though that is a slightly improved version). I can't upload it unfortunately because it uses a payware bogey. It's not a brilliant model anyway. I have drawings for it (and the other two GTELs) so if anyone wants to have a proper go, PM' me. ;)

It certainly does, and a fantastic model it is, too. I should imagine someone'll get round to it some day, but it's appeal is limited in that it is a one-off, relatively unsuccessful loco that operated in a fairly brief time period. Cmburgess started one but never finished it. I fear the wait for a top-quality GT3 will be a long one, as even bigger and more successful classes have gone unmodelled. The Class 52s, 56s and 15s come to mind.
(Having said that, the only WR mainline diesel hydraulic class to have a recent, TS12-standard model available in Trainz is the D600s which were only five in number and lasted less than a decade. Meanwhile, anyone wanting to use a Class 52 Western in Trainz is stuck with the ancient pre-UTC one!)

the only WR mainline diesel hydraulic class to have a recent, TS12-standard model available in Trainz is the D600s which were only five in number and lasted less than a decade.

KUID please? Fingers crossed that you are not referring to the elongation of the Class 22 mesh. It's a good model for the designated TS2009/2010 era, but I think that textured-in vents and flat side detailing are not acceptable, even for TS12.

I will admit that something's better than nothing, though. Shame to think that there are only few classic BR diesels faring well in TANE, but you've all heard me beat that topic dead.

It probably is that one, but it doesn't look too bad unless you've got the texture detail settings low. Plus, everything it is running with (see the screenshots on the previous page) such as the JustTrains WSR Hymek and the ancient, ancient pikkabird Warship is very basically detailed as well, so it looks good in comparison!

KUID please? Fingers crossed that you are not referring to the elongation of the Class 22 mesh. It's a good model for the designated TS2009/2010 era, but I think that textured-in vents and flat side detailing are not acceptable, even for TS12.

I will admit that something's better than nothing, though. Shame to think that there are only few classic BR diesels faring well in TANE, but you've all heard me beat that topic dead.
I'm not aware of any Class 22 mesh existing. The D600 on the DLS is an original mesh by Chrisaw with textures by tmz06003 and uky901y.

62e428ff8c.png

Some GWR tank engines, pulling a failed express train, while a another GWR tank is shunting some trucks on a siding nearby, this route is called Meldreth Station, based of the real Meldreth, and shall be available somewhere soon!

St Erth Junction heading South West towards Penzance, Cornwall
2a62bb0dfb087e3616f100634cc44185.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Having been at St Erth only last week... that is stunning. Obviously it's changed a lot since then but it's still absolutely recogniseable. I cannot wait to get a high-perfomance machine and get this route!

Back