UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Looks a little light, Jack, but that's probably just TANE.

And also input from some of us at TCCW who are old enough to have seen BR steam as a daily occurrence, Dan.

Unless they'd been freshly outshoppped, chances are that the base colour of most locos of the period - especially those on humbler day-to-day duties- would have been some way off black due to a combination of pigment fading and layers of soot and grime. And that's before factoring in rust and lime-streaking from areas where the water was hard (i.e. high in calcium deposits).

I guess it all comes down to personal perception - and there's no reason why there shouldn't be a 'clean' version, too, but to my eyes at least, the faded shade looks far more real and convincing than a pure black.

But no issues concerning the quality of the model in itself: in a word, fabulous!

m

Image47.jpg

Image49.jpg

Image50.jpg

Saw the Vulcan today at Elvington. Absolutely thousands of people turned out to see it, they were cars parked down nearly the entire length of the runway and they were bussing people in from as far away as Thirsk! The Yorkshire Air Museum had so many visitors it had to refuse entry to people until the late afternoon! Never seen anything like it. The Vulcan itself was spectacular, noisy and impressive but still incredibly graceful.
And yes , I know this has nothing to do with trains...

Saw the Vulcan today at Elvington. ...
And yes , I know this has nothing to do with trains...
Yes it does, see my screenshot above!
Unfortunately I didn't get to see it, as I'm now in the north of Scotland. Thanks to the internet & twitter I was able to give details to my father, still in Nottingham, who went and saw it from near Kegworth. He found a spot with about half a dozen other people, one of whom had attempted to get to East Midlands Airport, but given it up because of the traffic jams. He (my father) saw it do a circuit of EMA then depart "north of the power station" - which gave me the idea for the trainz screenshot. Today's (Sunday's) flight is still looking dodgy because of the weather, check here for latest news - and follow the tour as it happens!http://www.vulcantothesky.org/news/676/82/V-Force-Tour.html

My post was in response to yours Dave- fantastic shot by the way!
I've got XH558's Twitter feed open in another tab as I type this, but the weather situation doesn't look good. Hopefully it'll make it in to the air today.

Excellent shots everyone!

More from the city of Hayden - This time showing the Hayden Metro's most modern line - The Southern line was completed in 2007 as part of the suburban rail network, and incorporated into the Hayden Metro in 2013, making it unique among the 5 lines. It is built to a more generous loading gauge and therefore uses different stock.

Here are a few shots taken at Newbarque:

Arriving down the escalator onto the northbound platform, as a southbound service for Lidgley Green arrives opposite

View from the very similar southbound platform. A northbound service waits to depart for Robinson Square

Back on the Northbound side, another Lidgley Green Train pulls in

Last edited:
You know I was just working on one of those...
a696e36459706a3c165e4a2a5ac646cb.png

Yours looks better than mine though, so I'll find something else to do. Nice to see someone else using Sketchup, I'm not alone. :eek: I've seen the real thing at Dufftown, certainly an interesting unit though I suspect the general public see it as "just another Pacer".

Anyway, back to screenshots...
915f6d2d434da27682e48a937e96a7d8.jpg

Revamped Banks Heath ft. GT3
(Must. Stop. Finding. Ways to incorporate GT3 in to screenshots! :hehe:)

Thanks, I still have a bit to do with it, but it should be ready for release soon on TPR (for Trainz 2009 and Trainz 2010) and the DLS for Trainz 2012+. Liking the GT3 btw.

Is that one of those Chile X'Trapolis units by 'Ale'?

Loving the way you built your own subway system. Might have to incorporate into the underground section of my Aussie route - most subway tunnels in trains don't have to accomodate overhead wires: ours does

Jamie

Its a reskin of Perchpoles payware version .
The recent new build peaks all flag up red bugs when placed in TANE with a problem with the loco script .

Sorry to bring this back, but just to say I had one of Tony's new Peaks running very happily with my version of TANE the other day and no script issues. Are you able to give more details of the problems you're having Dave?

Paul

What route is this, if I may ask?

It's my Stafford route , It's not been released as I've not finished building it .

Re Peak : I'll try to , when I get a chance , Too busy rebuilding Midshire at the moment , don't want to get side tracked doing something else whilst I've got some decent spare time (for a change) .

Excellent shots all :D

19462904489_299a086569_b.jpg

19623319616_38d981b4e4_b.jpg

19461524580_2ef53dfcb4_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back