UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

R3

Cracking screenshot, R3. Personally I'd swap the fence across the field with something a bit more finescale. It looks a bit chunky. Replied to you earlier. I was asking if you had ever created a steam loco?

Last edited:
Cracking screenshot, R3. Personally I'd swap the fence across the field with something a bit more finescale. It looks a bit chunky. Replied to you earlier. I was asking if you had ever created a steam loco?
Thanks escafeld. The fence across the field is the same as the one I've used at the lineside- it's one of clam1952's, which looks excellent at close range, but something a bit odd happens with the LOD. Will have a rethink but wanted something other than yet another hedge. Re steam engines, I haven't got one as far as T:ANE. I've got the modelling finished for a GER J15, a class I've always liked:

To be honest, animating the inside motion, building custom cabs etc and all the things people now expect for T:ANE content puts it all a bit beyond me for now.

R3

Thanks escafeld. The fence across the field is the same as the one I've used at the lineside- it's one of clam1952's, which looks excellent at close range, but something a bit odd happens with the LOD.

R3

I'm looking into the problem now Fence Wire 04, something odd with the lod as you say, should be easy enough to fix it. Will try and get it fixed and uploaded shortly.

Sorted an awaiting DLS approval, not sure why I even bothered with Lod, it's way under the limit!

Last edited:
Re steam engines, I haven't got one as far as T:ANE. I've got the modelling finished for a GER J15, a class I've always liked:
*snip*
To be honest, animating the inside motion, building custom cabs etc and all the things people now expect for T:ANE content puts it all a bit beyond me for now.

R3
You can skip out on a custom cab if you need to...animating the inside motion is a really good standard though. You could ask around for animating help if you need it...I'm not sure what program you use but in things like Blender it's really not that hard when you think over it.

You can skip out on a custom cab if you need to...animating the inside motion is a really good standard though. You could ask around for animating help if you need it...I'm not sure what program you use but in things like Blender it's really not that hard when you think over it.
I really admire your work, trainboi1.

I'm a 100% Blender modeller. My real interest is in diesels so steam is a bit peripheral to me. I understand the basics of how to animate stuff, but I'm not too sure on what bits do what with inside motion. I need to take a trip to look at the real thing sometime.

R3

I'm a 100% Blender modeller. My real interest is in diesels so steam is a bit peripheral to me. I understand the basics of how to animate stuff, but I'm not too sure on what bits do what with inside motion. I need to take a trip to look at the real thing sometime.

Lovely stuff you're producing, almost puts the rest of us to shame!

Jack

R3
Jack was right; you are probably the best of us to be perfectly honest...

As far as animation goes, the crosshead and drive rod are fairly simple. You can double-check it with Paul Hobbs' tutorials if they're still available, or probably figure it out with no real problems yourself. If you want to animate the valve gear, that's quite a bit trickier but really everything's just a series of bones and lattices. If you get caught on some part, ask around and we'll only be too willing to help. (not least because we want to see that J15 going somewhere...:hehe:)

Thanks Jack, trainboi1. You guys both really know what you're doing with steamers. Will see what I can do with the J15, but expect some PMs ;)

And now a screenshot, just to keep the thread on track...

The mineral line, crossing the industrial area:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

R3

Thanks Jack, trainboi1. You guys both really know what you're doing with steamers. Will see what I can do with the J15, but expect some PMs ;)

And now a screenshot, just to keep the thread on track...

The mineral line, crossing the industrial area:

R3

Beyond words Rumor3, beyond words.......................

-Ben

Evening all,

Ex-GWR 5600 class 5619 departs Toddington with the 0900 service, bound for Winchcombe. Seen here passing over the Didbrook road bridge. Very much a WIP at the moment!

214e26c3802f2b75497ea852f0bffd93.jpg

fe34c80ae5baea20fad92e66fe20ee21.jpg

Many thanks,

PortLineParker

Fantastic work, Ron! A grey brake, too - you must have been reading my mind.

We're so used to folk on the forum announcing that they're going to make such and such an item and then disappearing without trace shortly after, that I'd like to put on record my admiration for your tenacity and constant quest for the best. When you first said you had plans to build BR Standard Goods stock it seemed like a brave and perhaps even foolhardy venture, but now the first fruits are here for all to see, and they really are something special.

We UK Trainzers are much indebted!

Congratulations and many, many thanks

m

Fantastic work, Ron! A grey brake, too - you must have been reading my mind.

We're so used to folk on the forum announcing that they're going to make such and such an item and then disappearing without trace shortly after, that I'd like to put on record my admiration for your tenacity and constant quest for the best. When you first said you had plans to build BR Standard Goods stock it seemed like a brave and perhaps even foolhardy venture, but now the first fruits are here for all to see, and they really are something special.

We UK Trainzers are much indebted!

Congratulations and many, many thanks

m

And a thank-you to you, too! I couldn't have done it without the experienced UK Trainz base we have here, and most importantly, TCWW community.

To keep it real, I had no idea what I was doing when I'd started that NBL Type 1, there was an extreme lack of information and diagrams to work from. I'll keep telling myself I'll wrap that up one month, but honestly, who knows? Now, we've got the bulk of the setup done here, which can be applied to almost all 50's and 60's BR wagons (save for Lowmacs). From here on out, I'd think that we don't need to fiddle around with all the technical details such as LOD and script, it should be somewhat drag-and-drop, and move on. Anyhow, I'm sure there are some people that just want me to release these, already, but I want to make sure there's nothing wrong, be patient ;) .

My overall goal is to complete a solid amount of goods wagons found on the Green-era Railway, and provide content matched with that of the DTG TS Series for free.

Thanks again,
Ron

Last edited:
Ron, it's an absolute pleasure.

I'm guessing that an early drag and drop might be the 10T insulated van, since it looks as if it's only the ends that differ - and only very slightly at that.

No pressure though.... The best things are always worth waiting for!

m

Back