Show off your reskins!

Had some free time yesterday, finished enough skins for two A-B-A sets.

Coming soon, I hope. Depends on how many inaccuracies I catch between now and release time. :D

Well

not as best as NIARTcar`s reskin, but i think it`s looking nice. And what do you think?
Don't compare anything to my skins, I cheat :hehe:. It looks very good! On a side note though, you may think about doing as I did and use simulatortrain's gallery trucks on the model.

cheers

Last edited:
2dbc85a8c4c56563c4c6279748f47af9.png
Took a few steps forward...
Then took double that back...:confused:
c01e575a621bd4eb067ff0802c503b00.png

It's probably one of the ugliest paint scheme's i've ever seen but caltrain's a caltrain and the fact that it's one of the ex SP GP's makes it that much better.
I am very curious however what model you're using as a template I've never seen one that detailed.

very cool, I wanted to do that train, but never got enough resources to really start it.

peter

It is astounding how little number of pictures exist of these things on the internet. Sure there are a few, but the variety is terrible. For the most part I was just winging it from what I could find, but it seems to have worked out well.
It's probably one of the ugliest paint scheme's i've ever seen but caltrain's a caltrain and the fact that it's one of the ex SP GP's makes it that much better.
I am very curious however what model you're using as a template I've never seen one that detailed.
Yes, these things are ugly as I'll get out, but it was fun doing the paint matching. :D The funny thing is, despite me spending time on them to skin, I can not think of any use for them on my part. I literally just did it for the fun of doing it. They are done using JR's GP9e, from the Sierra railroad skeme.

cheers

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by pdkoester I'd like to see you do a high hood GP9 or similar in UB scheme, that'd be slick.
quote_icon.png

I accept your challenge.
btvfd_20140818_0000_zps63b43fd8.jpg

I am starting to think I have too much spare time. Ignoring the fact that I am not quite done, (it was just too darn tempting to lash them up together) it is almost there as a set... just detail work remains! :sleep:

9b995473bcc17c181ee95199737853a1.jpg

cheers

It is astounding how little number of pictures exist of these things on the internet. Sure there are a few, but the variety is terrible. For the most part I was just winging it from what I could find, but it seems to have worked out well.

Yes, these things are ugly as I'll get out, but it was fun doing the paint matching. :D The funny thing is, despite me spending time on them to skin, I can not think of any use for them on my part. I literally just did it for the fun of doing it. They are done using JR's GP9e, from the Sierra railroad skeme.

cheers

What you could do, is adapt that paint scheme onto CalTrain's modern equipment...

peter

What you could do, is adapt that paint scheme onto CalTrain's modern equipment...

peter
I am thinking along the lines of that too. Though it may wait until I have finished all the proto equipment. I decided the other day that not doing the previous paint skeme was going to bug me, so I will be painting up a set of the silver teal and green color scheme trainsets too (phase 1 you could call it).

But while doing the stripes I have come to realize that if I put it on a BBL, I will have to do something odd with it. Odd and tacky. The opportunity is just too great to not do an ugly skin. lol

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by pdkoester I'd like to see you do a high hood GP9 or similar in UB scheme, that'd be slick.
quote_icon.png

I accept your challenge.

*superb Utah Belt SD9s*
Well done! Beyond what I was expecting. The details are really really good, OMG!

:cool:

Back