Screenshot of The Week: March 29 to April 5 2015 (Parallel Lines)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

The railway is built upon a simple principle: a pair of parallel rails. If there's too much traffic, a second pair of rails parallel to the first. And so on. This week's theme is Parallel Lines. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.
Submission closes on April 6 at
12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Pretty sure it's just a way of saying double-tracks, or two sets of tracks set parallel to each other.

16575581590_662cf9e8c0_o.png

Cheers,
SM

I think parallel lines maybe means different railroad's running side by side, in a gorge for example. For example BNSF on one side, and Union Pacific on the other. It could also be double track though.

Saturnr

I think parallel lines maybe means different railroad's running side by side, in a gorge for example. For example BNSF on one side, and Union Pacific on the other. It could also be double track though.

Saturnr

I think it's a different way to say double track. Double track was my suggestion, but who knows....

Parallel Steam Programs

As Chessie's 1981 Safety Express charges along the river bank on the C&O mainline with Greenbrier 614, under the hand of Ross Rowland; Southern's 2716, ironically, once a C&O engine, takes the parallel Southern high line, under the watchful eye of veteran steam engineer Bill Purdie. A Chessie GP9 passes with a coal train on the double track C&O line.
fbc31967f3071c94e32a1586f24d0ba3.jpg

Enjoy,
Please pardon 2716's poor smoke, it was working fine, but when the three got together, frame rates dropped.

Saturnr

Back