Looking for a seasonal/snow track on DLS

I have made a bridge with seasonal (regular + snow) textures and I am looking for a track with seasonal snow to be its default attached track. Criteria are;

-Must be available on the DLS
-trainz-build not greater than 4.3
-standard gauge

CM still has no filter to find things with a season-selector tag, so I resorted to searches based on words like seasonal, snow etc. The only things I found were some Auran procedural tracks but they are all 36-inch narrow gauge.

Does anyone know of a track that meets all my criteria?

I know SAP has made some track that are seasonal + procedural + works in both TANE and TRS19, so that might meet your needs.

Another track is TB TSM's track for 3.6/3.7, but aren't procedural and are a bit wider than the US standard

I don't have Trainz open to grab the KUIDs (as I'm heading off for the day - just came to check the forums one last time), but hopefully it'll so-what help you

Cheers

I can't see that any of those are seasonal, at least by Description and thumbnail. Even the Auran tracks I mentioned above are not really seasonal, the snow is permanent. :confused: I wish TUME had made his seasonal tracks available on the DLS..

I found them, and they are seasonal! - (I got that info from his own thread ;))

<kuid2:439337:102580:1> SAP Protrack U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny
<kuid2:439337:102745:1> SAP Protrack U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Rusty

Here are some pics of them in both summer and winter:
Eq0RrFt.jpg

dcT5FeN.jpg

They're kinda hard to see since TANE does the lighting different, but they work in TANE, and he has matching ballast for them as well. If interested, its <kuid2:439337:102804:1> SAP Ballast 1 Seasonal

Cheers

What’s really needed is a specific filter in CM for seasonal, because creators can’t be expected to always include it in the name (it’s too long a word for that). Similarly, a filter for procedural would help with track assets.

Thank you, thank you. :)

Weird that the descriptions don't mention seasonal. I thought that would be a major selling point.
Your very welcome mate!
Yeah it would be nice to add the seasonal details to at least the description part, but ultimately you won't find out until you download it and look at the item yourself ;)

Cheers

Oh dear, I just had a look at the snow mode of those tracks. It really is mid-grey instead of white. Even after some local mods where I made the snow images white, the ballast and ties still come out as grey in the game (TANE in this case). It suggests the texture material was made way too dark during the 3D creation step. Not sure I can use these. :(

Seasonal track with white snow

I use TUME-TW-Gravel_Clean-01 Kuid2:82412:611161.2. Also some great trestles that are seasonal TUME-601106-wood bridge-5m-TS12
Kuid2:82412:601106.1

I found this on the Milwaukee Road Avery Drexel layout. It works well and reflects the snow level setting in environment. There are 5 different types of track and many bridges.

It isn't procedural track, however since I operate in the mountains of BC, snow was a more significant feature than procedural benefits..

Are those seasonal TUME tracks available on the DLS? I don’t think they are.

I want my default bridge track to be one that can be obtained independently of built-in or payware packs, to ensure that anyone who downloads the bridge will not be burdened by a “missing dependency” problem.

And, I actually prefer non-procedural tracks in this instance because the user won’t need to download a mesh library and 20 other assets just to get one dependency. But that’s not a strict requirement.

I am almost decided on simply using a non-seasonal track from the DLS because I cannot find a seasonal track that looks good and meets all the other criteria. It will be auto-replaced by other track attached to the bridge anyway, so the user can add a seasonal track if they can find a decent one.

Last edited:
Back