Trainz Plus Beta update - PC# 119122 PC Steam #119118 Mac #119117 Mac Steam #119109

n3v_laurence

Trainz Plus Update

Available Builds:
Trainz Plus PC 118872 to Trainz Plus PC 119122 - Trainz Plus Beta patch stream
Trainz Plus STEAM 118869 to Trainz Plus STEAM 119118 – Trainz Plus [trainzplusbeta]
Trainz Plus MAC 118870 to Trainz Plus MAC 119117 - Trainz Plus Beta patch stream
Trainz Plus MAC STEAM 118523 to Trainz Plus MAC STEAM 119109 - Trainz Plus [trainzplusbeta]

For Steam beta access, go to properties > Betas > Enter beta code “trainzplusbeta1” and click on Check Code. Then select trainzplusbeta from the dropdown listing to update.

This is a 31MB size update

Key Feature:
- Spline Rendering Fix

Change log:
- Fixed a Spline Rendering issue which occurred when splines were being relocated
- Fix several MPS related issues
- Misc under the hood engine fixes

Known Issues:
- Mouse cursor will disappear while holding RMB during a window prompt - work around release RMB and press and hold while moving mouse to return the cursor or switching camera mode.
- DLC packages will report a failure to download precache data. clicking retry will ignore the error and proceed to complete installation

If you want to use the live version and the beta server, you will need to have two builds installed with two different local data folders

Please use this link to report bugs https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Last edited:
All good here thanks. I should also have said that for the last build, the sound problems were fixed. Trainz now runs with a setting of 24 Bits 192000 Hz.

Mike.

You are a good liar. Dean Jr, Gary and Herb are the next best workers at Rome, not you. They told me you never worked there in Rome. (that is a lie) I don't care what you think, but you are all wrong.
RJ Artim

Last edited:
TY Laurence update was fast

Not sure what spline issues were actually repaired
it works smooth, but we are far off from an actual new product

Known Issues here: (sad if n3v knows only 2)
- Mouse cursor will disappear while holding RMB during a window prompt
- DLC packages will report a failure to download precache data.
- Scripted Driver minimap not working correct (check bug report)
- Mouse movement in Driver too coarse, and no setting to adjust it
- S2 has a new menu, but many more important S2 interface issues not improved
- Wheelslip light not working? (check bug report)
- Merge window the size of a stamp
- No key new feature that is not in TRS19 (no unique selling point)
- Passengers are totally dark at night
- No Selection for a standard passenger set per route, FI as kuid in kind Region
- Schwaninger land is lovely, but has no car traffic
- Unneeded popups when the camera changes
- Features never finished/used, TNI, Phys-X, new water, PBR ground height and Cab artifacts
- Content Store, no good filtering, or tabs
- TCCP, takes too long and in my eyes not really fair to content creators
- No user friendly way to restore a backup
- Too many broken scripts and timeouts
- Icons in CM not complete or logical or consequent, drivers(characters)?
- Schedule Rule is broken
- My Collection top menu, truncates text (interface design)
- MPS is limited in what assets you can use
- Driver menu too big heads and only 4 drivers/trains

In S2 tried painting a built-in scrapbook and suddenly a lot of unwanted new water appears

keep up the good work
greetings GM

On the C&O Hinton Division DLC route... It looks like the bug that Tidewater Point Rail had some time ago:

y82ehk.jpg

On the C&O Hinton Division DLC route...
>>
No issues here checking the location shown at Mt Hope.
Route is
<kuid2:453099:100037:20> C&O Hinton Division
Are there any other steps required to repro?
Do you have any modified content?
It looks like the track is following perhaps a grass or road spline?

Yes, route is <kuid2:453099:100037:20>.
Nothing particular to repro: simply open the route for edit.
11 modified assets, last February 2021 (it can't be the cause as the glitch didn't exist until yesterday).
Track is twisted like it was in Tidewater Point Rail:

xnl2lg.jpg

I can confirm the same bug.

But that same bug is in Build 117669 as well, so this isn't a new issue but needs to be fixed anyway.

There are many other places too that aren't right and there are other issues which we're reported ages ago including broken road bridges located across the river from Thurmond.

C&O Hinton Division DLC route problem at Mt Hope.

It looks like the problem is caused by the updated version of Mt Hope Depo
<kuid2:453099:100953:1> and the way Trainz rotates this asset. (or the asset itself)

I downloaded the C&O Hinton route into Trainz+ Build 119122 with a new build folder just for that route. Everything was fine, the track was where it was supposed to be.

I then updated all the assets that were Out Of Date. When opening the route after the update I saw the same problem reported by HPL where the MT Hope Depo is rotated 90 degrees. The track had moved between the Depo and the next spline points to compensate for this rotation.

To test a theory that the Depo was the problem I deleted <kuid2:453099:100953:1> reverting to the Packaged version <kuid:453099:100953>. After a database repair to make sure the updated version was completely gone the Mt Hope Depo has returned to its original rotation and the tracks are back where they should be.

I have been able to preproduce the same results in TRS19 build 117009 and Trainz+ 117669 by installing and removing <kuid2:453099:100953:1> so it appears this problem has been there for a while or something changed in the version of <kuid2:453099:100953:1> stored on the DLS

I had not noticed this until HPL pointed it out in his post because, I don't usually update assets unless never versions are required by new DLS routes and I haven't player C&O for a long time, I tend to keep it installed for the dependencies required by other routes on the DLS.

I hope this information helps.

Bill

Last edited:
Back