NZ pics

AK carriage set

My new AK set is now available. If you wish to order, see my post in " payware announcements" , look for "Fender's NZR Payware" or simply click on my name above and "send email".
Cheers Fender :)

rev8.jpg

Hi itsmrb :

"itsmrb
Hi Fender - great work with this set - it looks amazing and well worth the modest $10 sum to acquire!

I wonder though, am I the only person that has looked at the luggage van and pictured a version with a white roof and red sides running on the back of a goods train.... ;) ? "

I have seen them in many colour schemes, but not the one you describe.

Cheers,
Fender :)
Hi Fender, to be fair I was thinking of the van in it's FM Guards Van guise, as the basic body structure is more or less the same.

Thought I should contribute...

These are just a few pics of DCP 4755 on a fictional route that is NZ based.

Just a work train run today along the branch line.

ScreenShot2013-07-04at94557AM_zpsc476ee13.png
ScreenShot2013-07-04at94827AM_zps258a0c06.png

ScreenShot2013-07-04at94202AM_zps7c0715d9.png
ScreenShot2013-07-04at94353AM_zps8c0233f2.png

AK carriages through Lepperton

I spy with my little eye, an unusual visitor through the trees...
f4z6.jpg

After pulling over to see what was in the yard...
b9g2.jpg

Managed to sneak a look inside.
dezc.jpg

Finally the view from the observation carriage
je94.jpg

Amazingly detailed carriages Fender - well worth the $10 :)

Very nice mate I well have to hook into those carrages myself
I like that pic
can you please tell me where you got that bridge from
also is that a route that you are working on
chris sullivan

Does anybody know where I can find that bridge that has fenders new carrages on it
I am just looking for the bridge
Thank you
chris sullivan

Very nice mate I well have to hook into those carrages myself
I like that pic
can you please tell me where you got that bridge from
also is that a route that you are working on
chris sullivan

Cheers Chris.

about the bridge...

029aeca61908e215785e911e70bf1f25.jpg

It's a bit of a kitbash - the main components coming from tmz06003's bridge kit (kuid:283805). The pier asset is MILW-Steel-Bridge-Support-001 <kuid2:82412:611117:1> by tume. I really need to make some proper NZR bridges, however diagrams aren't always that easy to come by.

As for the route - i don't really know what it is lol. Just chose a random DEM to make this scene on in order to take the screenshot as sadly i don't have any NZR routes installed atm :eek:

A development on the ADK/ ADB units i started last year.

Nice one cam! what ever came of the DFT you were working on?

William :)

Last edited:
Nice one cam! what ever came of the DFT you were working on?

I had a look at it last night and my ideas are getting more and more ambitious. Haha
Just need some more hand grabs and i'm going to re-texture the whole thing with high res textures.
Will find a picture for ya.

Awesome work Eric, There doesn't seem to be anything in this game you can't improve with sum of your pic's mate well done.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

A development on the ADK/ ADB units i started last year. -snip-

Sorry for the late reply but WOW! Those ADBs are AWESOME! You've done a fantastic job on them Cam, well done! (I've been wondering how you were going with the ADK/ADB and ADL/ADC sets but I didn't want to stress you or anything) - you've really got them spot on, they'll be right at home on both NZ Auckland and West Australian-themed routes. :D

Good job! :D

I just wanted to say thanks Fender for the AK Carriages, they are just excellent!
I honestly wish I could have the skill and creativity to design Tranz assets myself, hopefully I'll give it a go one day.

While I'm here, shunt engines. I think I have asked this before, but I'm looking for some DS classes... Is there anything available, if not, what would be a similar size and shape one available on the downloads? I have the SW1500 and Genset versions, but they are proportionally quite out...

I just wanted to say thanks Fender for the AK Carriages, they are just excellent!
I honestly wish I could have the skill and creativity to design Tranz assets myself, hopefully I'll give it a go one day.

While I'm here, shunt engines. I think I have asked this before, but I'm looking for some DS classes... Is there anything available, if not, what would be a similar size and shape one available on the downloads? I have the SW1500 and Genset versions, but they are proportionally quite out...

Hi James,
Thanks to you and others for comments of thanks re my AK Set. I was hoping it would work well for you on the AppleMac. Obviously you weathered the Wellington storm O.K., but now have those terrifying aftershocks to brave. All the best.
I have no immediate plans for the DS product, but maybe later on. There is one around somewhere, I have seen it on these NZ Pics forum.
Cheers,
Fender :)

Back