Thoughts on Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022

SRKing783

''Trainz Veteran''
Alright then.

Although the announcement hasn't gone on yet, I'm wondering - what's everyone's thoughts on the upcoming Trainz game? Even with what I've seen on the Trainz Plus page, it looks like it'll be an incredible new entry into the series, and an excellent way to celebrate the 20th anniversary. I dunno. What're everyone else's thoughts on the new game?

(If people want to use this thread to discuss their thoughts after the announcement, I'm game.)

I think its going to be wonderful :D
S2.0 will be extremely useful as I can now rotate all of the cars at the same time so I don't have to do one-by-one anymore when it comes to placing cars in parking lots.

Cheers

Last edited:
It would be nice if TRS19-Platinum members would get a slight discount on '22, or do away with the default cabs, instead making the rear and front views prototypical, like a shell.

I'm optimistic and excited, but I'm also prepared for disappointment. Its a wait-and-see for me.:D

I think its going to be wonderful :D
S2.0 will be extremely useful as I can now rotate all of the cars at the same time so I don't have to do that anymore when it comes to placing cars in parking lots.

Cheers

I agree, yes. Surveyor 2.0 does seem like it's gonna be a huge hit. Yeah, it might involve a bit of relearning (as I've also never tested it, because... not a Trainz Plus user here), but the original Surveyor layout took me 2 seconds to learn, so... what, 3 seconds? (I'm saying that Surveyor is incredibly intuitive and easy to learn, but also incredibly powerful, too - I mean, look at some of the routes people have made!)

It would be nice if TRS19-Platinum members would get a slight discount on '22, or do away with the default cabs, instead making the rear and front views prototypical, like a shell.
If you are a Gold sub or have Trainz Plus then TRS22 is included in the subscription. TRS19 Platinum is a standalone product, I can't see any reason to discount a new game just because you bought the last one. Maybe wait for it to go platinum or get it at Easter when it's more likely to be on sale. Don't blame N3V for the cabs, that's up to creators to build one.

There's probably gonna be a preorder bonus for the price to initially not be that bad. I take it that the price will be $40 USD... or somewhere in that ballpark. Also, what default cabs? Many of the assets in Trainz are created by other users, and many of them have used their own cabs to a sort. Plus, I still think that legacy Trainz content - when made well - ages quite nicely... like most of the original content made by N3V... er, Auran, back in 2001. (I joined the Trainz community in 2017, as you can see, and my timeline... yeah.)

I agree, yes. Surveyor 2.0 does seem like it's gonna be a huge hit. Yeah, it might involve a bit of relearning (as I've also never tested it, because... not a Trainz Plus user here), but the original Surveyor layout took me 2 seconds to learn, so... what, 3 seconds? (I'm saying that Surveyor is incredibly intuitive and easy to learn, but also incredibly powerful, too - I mean, look at some of the routes people have made!)

Same here, took me a while to learn the new surveyor as back when I first got UTC in the early times of Trainz there weren't any tutorials so it was all just trial and error. I'm ready to relearn S2.0 as well but if I need to I can just simply switch back and forth between S1.0 (surveyor classic) and S2.0 (surveyor super advanced). :D

Cheers

...if I need to I can just simply switch back and forth between S1.0 (surveyor classic) and S2.0 (surveyor super advanced). :D

Cheers

Wait, you could just swap between the two Surveyor interfaces? That's pretty neat... but I don't think I would want to go back to 1.0 once I've learned all the new features in 2.0.

To a new generation of Trainz, and to it lasting many more 20 years!

Yes you can switch the two interfaces.
Before I spoil everything, I'm going to wait and see what the website reveals (whenever it happens) as I think it'll be worth it;)

Cheers

Yes you can switch the two interfaces.
Before I spoil everything, I'm going to wait and see what the website reveals (whenever it happens) as I think it'll be worth it;)

Cheers

Well, thanks for that. And yes, I don't want the surprise to be ruined. Hopefully, it can be announced soon - I take it 10 PM EST is when it'll be announced, yes? (Of course, if it can't be said, then no bother - I'm just trying to make an educated guess.)

I don't know what time zone they're using either:p
I was guessing sometime in Australia, EU, or NA time (if NA, it'll be 2 Dec for Australia).

(shrugs)

Cheers

No, I know they probably use an Australian time zone. I’m saying, as it’s… wait, no, it would be 9 PM EST, as it’s 11 PM in Brisbane right now… 11 PM, 23:00, whatever. I’ve got the 24-hour clock displayed on all my devices. Whatever. Anyways, I genuinely canmg wait for TRS22, and everything it has to offer.

lol. All I know this makes it even more exciting.
More likely it'll be announced when I head off to bed. That's usually when the exciting things are announced.

Cheers

More likely it'll be announced when I head off to bed. That's usually when the exciting things are announced.

My thoughts exactly. Whenever there's something new, it always seems like as soon as I go to sleep, the company decides, "Hey, let's just, all of a sudden, just announced this super hyped up thing that people have been talking about for the longest time. Let's just do it right now."

I dunno. Hopefully this will be a good entry. (Probably will be.)

My thoughts exactly. Whenever there's something new, it always seems like as soon as I go to sleep, the company decides, "Hey, let's just, all of a sudden, just announced this super hyped up thing that people have been talking about for the longest time. Let's just do it right now."

I dunno. Hopefully this will be a good entry. (Probably will be.)

Same here... Like most important things, they always occur when I'm sleeping, or can't be available to witness them.

Brisbane right now is 11:35 AM Wednesday as I type this. Knowing this, it's helpful when gauging what happens down under on their east coast. Sydney is also in the same time, roughly, because they have daylight savings time, but Brisbane does not.

We're getting things ready - it's not like we just press a button and hey, everything happens. We're also waiting for SRKing783 to go to bed. ;) (Sorry, a bit of Australian humour there)

Probably a few more hours until we tick all the boxes.

Back