Trainz Plus Beta 111069 (PC) and 110923 (Mac)

Holy moly... running 110923 (Mac) on my M1 Mac Mini natively on Apple Silicon with Metal.
I'm still experimenting with performance settings, but I'm already able to run a session in
one of Roy's demanding CPR routes with decent settings like 10,000 m draw distance at 50 fps.

Happy camper here!:D

The performance (frames per second) has been halved.
Canadian Rocky Mountains - Columbia River Basin -Golden Airport North West Route
iMac Retina 5K 27 inch 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9 processor
64 GB DDR4 memory
Radeon Pro Vega 48 8GB graphics card
Mac OS Big Sur 11.1

(Already posted in Trainz Mac and filed as a bug report)
In my case performance (frames per second) roughly halves, resulting in a lot less fun.

MacBook Pro 15 inch 2018 (2.6 GHz 6 core i7, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 and Radeon Pro 560X)
macOS Big Sur 11.2
Plus Beta, Kickstarter County 2, 01 Highland Limited
Build 110495: about 45 fps
Build 110923: about 20 fps

Thanks for the feedback on the Mac results. Very surprising indeed.

Please check that the settings for each test are identical, including the Trainz Settings > Performance tab and in-game options.

Also ensure that your dedicated card is being used not the integrated graphics.

Tony Hilliam wrote:
Please check that the settings for each test are identical, including the Trainz Settings > Performance tab and in-game options.

Also ensure that your dedicated card is being used not the integrated graphics.

Yes, I will supply the information to QA.

Massive increase with the ASi Macs. Awesome!Test machine:
2020 ASi M1 Mac mini, 16gb memory and 512gb hard drive. Big Sur 11.3 Beta

Old Trainz 2019 build 110495

Shadow Quality: medium
Main Shadow Resolution: 2048
Shader quality: Standard
Texture detail: Normal
Post processing: High
Water quality: high
Detail scenery: off
Antialiasing: 4x
Detail update rate: low
Use PhysX simulation and process objects behind camera, both unchecked

14-36FPS Kickstarter fossil fuel session

New Trainz 2019 Plus build 110923

Same Settings

59.5-60 fps Stayed pegged at 60 fps most of the time

Maxed out settings
Shadow Quality: ultra
Main Shadow Resolution: 4096
Shader quality: ultra
Texture detail: high
Post processing: ultra
Water quality: ultra
Detail scenery: clutter only
Antialiasing: 8x
Detail update rate: ultra
Use PhysX simulation and process objects behind camera, both unchecked

23 - 54 fps

I’m unable to attempt to try the maxed out settings before the patch as the game crashes when loading the session.

What just happened to my 111069 installation? So, I decided to open Trainz today, and I get a new version available notice, so I choose notify me next week, thinking I opened the wrong build. So I exited the game and did a relaunch, on the startup I get a DB rebuild and from the looks it looks like an extended DBR. I opened CM and to my dismay all changes that I made are gone, back to the default screen, small fronts and install/modification dates set to 02/07/2021. Also my Trainz sign-in is missing?? Is there a new build or what?

John

What just happened to my 111069 installation? So, I decided to open Trainz today, and I get a new version available notice, so I choose notify me next week, thinking I opened the wrong build. So I exited the game and did a relaunch, on the startup I get a DB rebuild and from the looks it looks like an extended DBR. I opened CM and to my dismay all changes that I made are gone, back to the default screen, small fronts and install/modification dates set to 02/07/2021. Also my Trainz sign-in is missing?? Is there a new build or what?

John

I don't get an update notification on my 111069 beta installation. And I can't recall ever using the "notify me next week" option. Perhaps you should submit a bug report based on the above.

I don't get an update notification on my 111069 beta installation. And I can't recall ever using the "notify me next week" option. Perhaps you should submit a bug report based on the above.

As soon as the EDBR is finished I will submit the bug.

John

In both instances on start of previous installation:
EDBR took 5 hours, it was performed automatically. This the second instance of this occurring.

1. In both instances CM was set to default, user custom menu removed
2. In both instances all CM items were set to the default date
3. In both instances a large number of my assets on the DLS are not shown having a U/L date
4. In both instances the display menu in Surveyor is the default menu, no pick lists.
5. In both instances the settings menu have defaulted to new install.
6. In both instances over 1200+ assets were shown as faulty
7. In both instances my user info had to be re-entered in the settings menu and when doing so, the faulty assets were reverted to normal.
8. No problems with payware installed not active.
9. On the first install and after a couple of days all of my consists disappeared and are still absent on the second install.
10. In both instances on the start screen, the routes menus takes forever to load as does switching between the loco menu and route menu.
11. In both instances there is a one min+ delay when deleting objects and copy/pasting before the action is completed.

TRS2019%2B.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

John

Last edited:
Was this a new install of TRS19? as it looks as if you have installed a new download which has then asked for the update. The missing user info is another clue that this is a new install as an update did not remove that info. This sounds like you have not changed the install path in settings to your old build folder or replaced the present build folder with a copy of the old folder.

Was this a new install of TRS19? as it looks as if you have installed a new download which has then asked for the update. The missing user info is another clue that this is a new install as an update did not remove that info. This sounds like you have not changed the install path in settings to your old build folder or replaced the present build folder with a copy of the old folder.

Not a new download, same folders and settings as the previous build, nothing changed.

John

Not a new download, same folders and settings as the previous build, nothing changed.

John

I had the same thing.

I redownloaded the content and those faults went away for some. For other content, a revert to original one some of the assets removed the missing dependencies on others.

No clock is shown unless a driver is selected.

SP2 works fine; this version does not.

Bug reported.

Last edited:
Issues with Portal Basic.

The following script error occurs with Portal Basic:
- <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : File portaltunnel.gs, Line -1, ER_NativeCallError
; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : Script class: PortalTunnel
; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : MeshObject: <kuid:30501:22006:5> "Portal Basic"
; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : Script callstack
; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : function $int@GameObject::GetId(), line -1
; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : function $void@PortalTunnel::EmitTrain(Soup), line 577
; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : function $void@PortalTunnel::CheckEmitTrains(), line 952
; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : function $void@PortalTunnel::ThreadEmitTrains(), line 931

Bug reported.

Driver Surveyor menu is messed up. Bug reported.

The source defaults to purchased, which is okay.

Personal routes appear under the purchased selection even if they're not.

If the list is changed to installed, then all these routes too will then appear under the purchased filter.

Back