S2.0 & Consists

brucem56

In S1.0 there was a sub tab for Consists in the Trains Tab.

I cannot find this anywhere in S2.0.

Help please.

Ty kindly
Bruce

Unless it has been added recently, that is a still to be added feature. You can create consists by selecting the rolling stock and then clicking the teeny tiny icon that looks like a loco front view and choosing "Save to consist asset". I always add "consist" to the name I give it so I can search for it by using consist as the search term. But for the moment, I don't know of a way to access old consists without switching to Classic.

Last edited:
Unless it has been added recently, that is a still to be added feature. You can create consists by selecting the rolling stock and then clicking the teeny tiny icon that looks like a loco front view and choosing "Save to consist asset". I always add "consist" to the name I give it so I can search for it by using consist as the search term. But for the moment, I don't know of a way to access old consists without switching to Classic.

You can type the name of the train or consist and then choose either a single piece of rolling stock or a consist you want to use. I have specific names for my consists I use all the time which makes searching for them rather easy. I'll use something like 1 --- Very long BNSF Intermodal, for example. I used the numbers to group the consists into categories. Anything prefixed with 1 --- is for my western roads, while 2 --- is for the eastern roads. I have others too for yard consists, passengers - both commuter and long distance, and so on.

For individual consists, I will use something like 2x CR GP40-2 to know that this is a consist of 2 Conrail GP40-2s. I have a number of these with various freight and passenger cars and these really help when populating a route with loose consists and adding in consists to portals for AI driving.

What would be nice is if consists could be added to a Picklist. But even in Classic that doesn't seem to be possible.

What would be nice is if consists could be added to a Picklist. But even in Classic that doesn't seem to be possible.

You can add consists, but that can only be done in Content Manager and not within TRS22+. I just tried it and that's how I found out it worked because I thought the same thing until now.

Back