So, how big is yours?

normhart

Trainz Entry Level
Since I did a backup of my TANE SP2 local database prior to updating to SP3 I thought I'd see how big it was.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

How big is yours? :hehe:

I measured mine ... and it was so huge

It was something like 197GB, with all 4038 RGCX railcars, trying to pull a 41 mile long train ... whenever my Local file gets this big, it causes a BSOD crash to desktop

Bigger, is not always better ...

Last edited:
Heck, I can't even find my TANE local folder.:eek: I can find my TRS12 local folder but it doesn't give me any size of folder.

Heck, I can't even find my TANE local folder.:eek: I can find my TRS12 local folder but it doesn't give me any size of folder.

Chuck,

T:ANE uses, by default, the Windows App Data file path for its data folder.

C:\Users\...\App Data Local\N3V Games\TANE\Build xxxxxxx

Where Build followed by some random sequence of letters and numbers, thus, my xxxxxxxx, is the content folder. If you have more than one, use the one with the most data and recent date. You can move this to a safer place if you have another place to put, which is also much easier to access for editing, etc., but that's another topic.

My Tane SP1 is 150 Gb and 2010 is 120 Gb. Don't run TS12 anymore.
Thought it was a lot, but just a tadpole in this big pond.
Cheers,
Mike

363 Gigs approx (probbly have some dupe files too)

:) Looks like 13 Gigs in the Game part of it? ( used the Game Link to check)

;) And Assets and Routes is 350 Gigs, now I know I have lots of Routes and Back up files for Route Changes......?I use Carbonite for off site backup, but I admit, it is time to do a Local backup to external drive for this laptop, it probably has been no more than a year, but that is too long in and of itself......This weekend I plan to get it done.........(used application data directory)

:eek: Thanks Norm for starting this Thread, it was a good reminder for me to get off my duff and get it done, just in case, something happens to this 4.5b year old laptop I'm running on......

Cheers.

Chuck,

T:ANE uses, by default, the Windows App Data file path for its data folder.

C:\Users\...\App Data Local\N3V Games\TANE\Build xxxxxxx

Where Build followed by some random sequence of letters and numbers, thus, my xxxxxxxx, is the content folder. If you have more than one, use the one with the most data and recent date. You can move this to a safer place if you have another place to put, which is also much easier to access for editing, etc., but that's another topic.

Thanks John. That's one of the places I totally forgot about.

Back