Australian screenshots

Red Rattler,

The keyword you missed is DLS Clean up, what he is saying is it's on the Clean Up, someone did changes and then uploaded the fix...

Hi Mick,

Yep, Jamie has been asking me for a while to build him some, I bought some Austrains JX's and VPCX, have been using those as a base...

Cheers.

But they should not have needed to be cleaned up being a TS12 item already ?????
Red Rattler,

The keyword you missed is DLS Clean up, what he is saying is it's on the Clean Up, someone did changes and then uploaded the fix...

Hi Mick,

Yep, Jamie has been asking me for a while to build him some, I bought some Austrains JX's and VPCX, have been using those as a base...

Cheers.

Still got the handbrake, brake details and the filler lids to go...

image_zps3526998b.png~original

the levers will be animated so during unloading they'll move to horizontal position, I'm quite happy how it's turned out, especially for polygons, so far it's under 8k, I used boolean cuts for the chassis, the body was 3 spheres with a box, I boolean cut the insides of the sphere's, deleted hidden polys, attached the 3 sphere's then attached the box, welded them, the whole body is just 1,016 polys :)

The floor and the body together is less than 2k, I'm aiming for under 12k total :)

Cheers.

Looks good Azza well done mate.

axe1970;1307935Piccy Removed Signalling[/QUOTE said:
Axe is that a new type of signal you've used there ?. I can never quite get the same atmosphere in your pics as you always achieve nice work mate.
Cheers Mick.

The way I see it he is one Australian asking fellow Australian's where that loco can be found....

Anyways,

Turns out... the load compensating lever only works in surveyor :(

10513407_10154355850910543_374621070877683803_n.jpg

10306750_10154355850975543_5510885749951490170_n.jpg

The lever on the bottom left before the bogie.

Cheers.

Waterford Station - QR Beaudesert Branch Line

A few shots of Waterford station.

please see my thread for more details

QR PB15 #448 pauses to collect milk churns from a neighbouring farmerWaterford Station looking South.

- Cheers

LittleBondi, Nice looking route!, don't like asking, but what rolling stock are you using there?

rastis, Great work on that loco, what loco is it?

Working on a yard for intermodal and container hauling locos, such as NRs, ACs, ANs etc.

ARG locos, AC4313, AC4322 and AC4321 sit in the stabling sidings, being prepared to take a container train to Newcastle.

-Eno Silvie

Rastis - Looking Amazing there mate. What class is it though? My rough guess would be somewhere around the 2100 class?

NSWGR_5910 - Thank you, The rollingstock I am using is a QR PB15, QR FGW water wagon, QR CL Wagon, QR BGV ( Brake Guards Van ). All are beta's made by trainz89, in NG 3ft 6in. As far as I know, a few have been uploaded or will be soon.

-Cheers

G'day!

Close. QR 2350/Tasrail ZB Class.

Cheers!

Jake.

I Certainly was close. Oh yes the 2350 class. These units were the last QR units in the series of 12 - cylinder locomotives developed from the 1200 class of 1953. The input power to the generator has almost doubled in 20 years although the basic engine dimensions haven't changed. The 2350 class locomotives were used for the Central Division Coal Traffic, Between Blackwater or Moura and Gladstone.

The standard QR Blue and White livery was applied to the 2350 class. On transfer to Tasmania, they were renumbered to ZB 1 to ZB 16 in the order of there original numbers. Most units were repainted in the AN green and yellow livery. One unit, ZB 9, was rebuilt with a new control system at Port Augusta and renumbered ZB 1.

- Cheers

As a ex electrical fitter I want to kick the drivers butt who left the lights on in AC 4315 as she is going to bugger of a thing to start with flat batteries - should have shut the batteries off asap possible after the unit dropped it guts. Although the fitter who gets the work order is also going to be spitting chips when he arrived to fix the generator and then notices some bugger has stolen it. The AC's are surprisingly AC power units and hence do not have a generator but an alternator.

AC 4315 Sits outside the heavy repair shop, after a generator failure.

-Eno Silvie

Last edited:
The standard QR Blue and White livery was applied to the 2350 class. On transfer to Tasmania, they were renumbered to ZB 1 to ZB 16 in the order of there original numbers. Most units were repainted in the AN green and yellow livery. One unit, ZB 9, was rebuilt with a new control system at Port Augusta and renumbered ZB 1.

G'day!

Close there as well. :p

All ZBs with the exception of ZB15 and 16, ran in the QR Blue and White for around about 5 years before they were painted in Tasrail ownership. The AN Green & Gold was applied true, however one unit (ZB12) was experimentally painted in Reverse AN Gold and Green colour to make the locomotive stand out better against the lush green countryside of Tasmania. This was the only locomotive not to be painted in AN Green and Gold. From 1996 onwards, all serviceable ZB locomotives were repainted in the reverse AN Colours.

You are correct about ZB9 being rebuilt. However ZB9 emerged as ZR1 with a totally new cab that is similar to the MKA.

Cheers!

Jake.

G'day!

Close there as well. :p

All ZBs with the exception of ZB15 and 16, ran in the QR Blue and White for around about 5 years before they were painted in Tasrail ownership. The AN Green & Gold was applied true, however one unit (ZB12) was experimentally painted in Reverse AN Gold and Green colour to make the locomotive stand out better against the lush green countryside of Tasmania. This was the only locomotive not to be painted in AN Green and Gold. From 1996 onwards, all serviceable ZB locomotives were repainted in the reverse AN Colours.

You are correct about ZB9 being rebuilt. However ZB9 emerged as ZR1 with a totally new cab that is similar to the MKA.

Cheers!

Jake.

G,day

Thank you for the correction Jake, I shall update my notes.

-Cheers

Back