Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

T1s regularly operated over the Horseshoe curve. After the whole S1 conundrum, the PRR scaled the wheelbase down to allow the T1 fleet to be able to operate over all of their mainline and secondary trackage. Most of them operated mail trains and secondary trains in the Blue Ribbon fleet after 1948, but occasionally they could be seen at the point of a top train or two.

T1s regularly operated over the Horseshoe curve. After the whole S1 conundrum, the PRR scaled the wheelbase down to allow the T1 fleet to be able to operate over all of their mainline and secondary trackage. Most of them operated mail trains and secondary trains in the Blue Ribbon fleet after 1948, but occasionally they could be seen at the point of a top train or two.

The more you know, right? Actually surprising, I really thought "Wow that's a tight curve, no way a T1 could operate on that" guess I was wrong!

you mention the T1's had a scaled down wheelbase compared to the S1. Would the S1 be too long to operate on Horseshoe Curve? Is that one of the main reasons why the PRR did not pursue more S1s, because the long wheelbase limited their capabilities? Also what about the Q1 and Q2, where they ever seen on Horseshoe curve?

Sorry if it's a lot of questions, I don't know a lot about some of the eastern railroads. Should go to the library and get some books on them. :p

The S1 was too long to operate west of Crestline, Ohio. Several curves were too sharp, most notably the curve into Pittsburgh Penn Station, so the PRR thought it best to keep it to the Crestline - Chicago racetrack rather than create a hassle farther east. Crestline was a major division point, and the loco was primarily based out of there and serviced there.

The Q1 and Q2s could operate east of Pittsburgh, and occasionally did, however they were also primarily based out of Crestline as well.

The S1 had many problems: the loco had less than 50% of its weight on its drivers, it was too long, and it was tough to maintain. The PRR put its resources towards developing the T1 instead of replicating that prototype.

Lionel Postwar 221 sets

Lionel Prewar 238E sets

Lionel Prewar Commodore Vanderbilt

Lionel Prewar 1668e Freight Train

Lionel Prewar 1668e Passenger Train

Hardly play with US Steam Locos,

Train weight is about 1200 tonnes.

azervich_20161209_0000_zpslfbxxmgl.jpg

azervich_20161209_0011_zps2oi1py0h.jpg

azervich_20161209_0012_zpsc4t7pfsm.jpg

The steam loco doesn't have any power when it's less than 40% cut-off, even when it's 40%, at the low speed the boiler just drains out, I even have the blower on full, lol

then again, my train is probably too heavy.

Cheers.

Hardly play with US Steam Locos,

Train weight is about 1200 tonnes.

The steam loco doesn't have any power when it's less than 40% cut-off, even when it's 40%, at the low speed the boiler just drains out, I even have the blower on full, lol

then again, my train is probably too heavy.

Cheers.
I really should give that old beast a facelift...and by the sounds of it a new spec!

CNW ES fully streamlined by reskin

CNW E-4 Hudson fully streamlined by reskin

SAL P Class #865 fully streamlined by reskin

C&EI K-2 #1013 right side view

C&EI K-3 #1018 right side view

C&O Greenbrier #614 New Update! by tigerko15

CNW ES fully streamlined by reskin

CNW E-4 Hudson fully streamlined by reskin

SAL P Class #865 fully streamlined by reskin

C&EI K-2 #1013 right side view

C&EI K-3 #1018 right side view

C&O Greenbrier #614 New Update! by tigerko15

can stop making reskins in someone Elses name because I NEVER made that and I never will.

I have seen many beautiful models and just imagining the work that goes into it I have to shake my head when I hear something like this.

Back