Union Pacific Steam

Hey Guys,

This has been a topic that has a resin many times before but has had no real answer to. Im in search of these three gems of the railroading world they are: UP FEF 844 Northern, UP 3985 Challenger and UP 4014 Bigboy. I have been after these particular locomotives for so long now and would pay a great deal to have them a part of my collection. I am awhere of the previous models in existence however I would think that by now someone might be in the process of upgrading them to new specs, or remodeling them completely, especially with the arrival of TANE. If anyone can get back to me in regards to whether or not they know of someone or they personally are remaking these three absolutely stunning examples of engineering then please do let me know, as I said I would be willing to pay a great deal for just one.

Kindest Regards, Railsimulator09.

Last edited:
Well I hate to says this,but you could do as I do, go to ts (dtg)2015-2016. look on steam,they have the steam engines you want, The newest the 4-8-4 is really cool and works great. Yes, I own both sims for the reason one has what the other does not and visa versa. Have you tried goolge? I know dumb question :wave: but so many do not. It's an Idea and the other is on sale. No I am not promoting the other. It does get you the best of both,as well as the worst. Merry Christmas and a Happier New Year.:)

Im in search of these three gems of the railroading world they are: UP FEF 844 Northern, UP 3985 Challenger and UP 4014 Bigboy.

The FEF and Late Challenger were, at one time, available through ANL at RRMods, and at through rudolf3910's at TrainzItalia. Unfortunately, both downloads have yet to return (if me memory serves me correct).

Also, didn't someone make a reskin of the default Big Boy as #4014 and post it here? I can't remember who it was, though...

Regards,

Sorry, I forgot one place to check, the Download station. I was looking for a certain route - scenario and saw one with a big boy in it. hope this helps.

Rudolf's FEFs and Challengers are available HERE at TrainZItalia (updated to TS201 - TS12 61388 standards: they should work in T:ANE too).

~Late Challenger~
Early Challenger, Chris. Anl did the CSA-1/CSA-2 models of the Challengers, which were in the first two batches. The later Challengers, (noted 4-6-6-4 instead of CSA), would have been the model that looks like 3985. Minor correction. :)

As for the OP's question, here is the link to the thread when the 4014 reskin was released.

That link, I don't understand Italian, looks like either an error page or do not have permission page because you aren't signed in like Jointed Rail. Do you have to log in to download anything from TrainzItalia? The real Challenger, it seems that the new boss or whoever of the steam team has stole or destroyed a part from it essential for it to run out of spite or whatever. 844 isn't running, either due to maintenance, so the UP steam program has been on hiatus for a while. The only class 1 running steam for the public right now in the US is Norfolk Southern and even that could change if Jim Squires has a different attitude than Wick Moorman or the dreaded merger with CP happens. The only reason steam programs happened is because there was a buff in the CEO seat. If a railroad has no steam program at all, and prohibits any kind of steam locomotive running on it's tracks, like CSX and now CP since Hunter Harrison took charge, he hates steam, then that is because the CEO has no interest in steam or feels it would be a liability to the company. Lawyers play a big part, too in a railroad's decisions.

Last edited:
Need to be registered to get to those locos. All dependencies are also include, except some loco sounds which are on the DLS.

Last edited:
That link, I don't understand Italian, looks like either an error page or do not have permission page because you aren't signed in like Jointed Rail. Do you have to log in to download anything from TrainzItalia?

Yes, you have to be a registered user and to log in to access the download pages (I forgot to add this requirement). Free-for-all access in the past was the cause of several troubles, ranging from annoying bots advertising iPhones at 0.99 $ to the utter destruction of the old website in mid-2014.

As for the site default language being Italian, we are an Italian Trainz site after all, even though there is a core of die-hard U.S. rail fans (Jango and myself included). The interface language may be easily changed to English (see Step 1 below).

To register and download assets at TrainZItalia:

Step 1: scroll down until you reach the bottom of the page, then click on "Italiano (ITA)". A drop-down menu will appear: click on "English (US)" to set English as the interface language.

Step 2: scroll up to the top of the page and click on the "Create Account" button on the right, and follow the instructions.
Don't forget to specify "English" as language in your user profile, otherwise you will have to repeat Step 1 every time you will access the site.

Step 3 (optional, I hope): Contact me should you meet any troubles registering. My nick at TrainZItalia is UP844 :D.

Step 4: Log in with your username and password and access the download areas

This post has a short instruction, how to set the language to english, and how to register.

Carlo "Pendolino" has been faster.

Peter

Last edited:
Back