RI SD40-2 is gone.

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
Hello JR! I recently went to go write reviews for my recently purchased content, and I saw that the RI SD40-2 I purchased about a year ago has its link removed. How come this is the case? Is it being updated, or something else? Thank you!

Alot of payware content seems to be going missing recently like the SP 4-10-2 from the same site and now the Tinkem 1111 from Trainz Forge.

Plus a couple of the 44 tonners from TF as well.

People pulling payware left and right from sites.

Bet it probably has to do with people either joining or leaving the different groups, and when they leave, their creations no longer are sold.

It's not gone, still on the website and from what i can tell is in your purchase files download area. May want to check again on it as I dont see anything preventing it from showing up for you.

It's not gone, still on the website and from what i can tell is in your purchase files download area. May want to check again on it as I dont see anything preventing it from showing up for you.

Okay, but the locomotive's page isn't there anymore. I'm no longer able to view the engine when I search "SD40-2" or "Rock Island." Even a google search of "rock island sd40-2 trainz" doesn't show anything. It's not a huge issue, but for someone who may want to purchase it, it could be quite problematic. Here's some screenshots:

I searched "SD40-2" in the site here:

Screenshot-2022-06-25-211113.jpg

I used the "Rock Island" category here:

Screenshot-2022-06-25-211209.jpg

Hello JR! I recently went to go write reviews for my recently purchased content, and I saw that the RI SD40-2 I purchased about a year ago has its link removed. How come this is the case? Is it being updated, or something else? Thank you!

I searched it too and it is gone.

Still not there. I don't remember the creator of the skin, but NS37, the creator of the model, is still around. I have no idea why it's gone.

Are you sure you didn't get it elsewhere?

Your download history will contain everything you downloaded. If you did get the model from Jointed Rail, then you should be able to download it again. Depending upon how much you purchased, this might take a while.

Are you sure you didn't get it elsewhere?

Your download history will contain everything you downloaded. If you did get the model from Jointed Rail, then you should be able to download it again. Depending upon how much you purchased, this might take a while.

It's not gone from my download list, it's gone from the site. I got it from JR as my first purchase.
Here's a snippet of my downloads list. The SP GP9 and everything else has a link, but the RI SD40-2 doesn't.

wherelink.png

It's not gone from my download list, it's gone from the site. I got it from JR as my first purchase.
Here's a snippet of my downloads list. The SP GP9 and everything else has a link, but the RI SD40-2 doesn't.

wherelink.png

To be clear, the image shows there is no link to the product page, but your download is still linked. We don't know why the product page became unpublished, maybe a click mistake.

There are more locomotives that are "hidden" and can be found with a more thorough search - for example, when searching menu Payware -> Locomotive model -> EMD -> SD40, neither CNW, B&O SD40-2 nor the new SP SD40T-2 are displayed and can only be found by clicking on another SD40 and clicking in front of the tags.
That's just an afterthought, because as a layman from abroad I wouldn't have known these CNW, B&O SD40s existed if I didn't happen to see them on Facebook.

There are more locomotives that are "hidden" and can be found with a more thorough search - for example, when searching menu Payware -> Locomotive model -> EMD -> SD40, neither CNW, B&O SD40-2 nor the new SP SD40T-2 are displayed and can only be found by clicking on another SD40 and clicking in front of the tags.
That's just an afterthought, because as a layman from abroad I wouldn't have known these CNW, B&O SD40s existed if I didn't happen to see them on Facebook.

It is a mystery why they do not appear when selecting that menu. there is nothing intentionally being hidden.

Well, there's also the weirdness that is the 'Uncategorized" tag.

That "JR Small Yard Tower" has been coming soon longer than it took Veer Mahan to show up on Monday Night RAW.... but it still has a few years before it reaches the "Duke Nukem: FOREVER" time frame for delay....

Is that the Chessie B&O SD40, or am I not finding it?

Last edited:
I still found the RI SD40-2.

Search Results for “RI SD40” – JointedRail.com

With a gazillion assets, it's not directly apparent unless you search for it.

The Yard tower is on Page 12 of the Freeware.

Freeware – Page 12 – JointedRail.com

I found it by scrolling page by page. With 20 pages of Freeware, it may be difficult to find right off the top but about 8 years ago or more it was right there on the lower-numbered pages.

Nothing is missing, nothing is hidden.

Back