Trainz "Next" is announced...

Or dare I say - put out a demo and let folk see what is on offer BEFORE they subscribe

Hi,

Actually, N3V does offer folks the opportunity to join the beta-testing team!

So, with all this back and forth, which leads to nowhere, the community will have the opportunity to wave in their opinions on the beta-testing phrase, and thereafter ... then we'll see!

Regards
Ish

Hi,

So, with all this back and forth, which leads to nowhere, the community will have the opportunity to wave in their opinions on the beta-testing phrase, and thereafter ... then we'll see!

Regards
Ish

Im aware of the beta testing as I took part in that for Tane. No what I meant is a proper demo - maybe time limited or with save function disabled so that those who do not beta test can see what its all about.

If I remember correctly N3V said they are already looking into that.

Shane

From TrainzDev a week ago re development builds.

We're working on migrating some services to a different service provider, and you'll be connected to the test servers until that is complete.

Looks to me as if they are hopefully sorting the server issues.

From TrainzDev a week ago re development builds.

Looks to me as if they are hopefully sorting the server issues.

Hopefully (I thought I'd seen a reference to it, although I think Tony also made a reference but I haven't had chance to look for it yet).

Shane

Personally I think the whole issue of 'Next' has been debated to exhaustion point and it's been interesting ! I am quietly confident that Tony and the team have listened to what has been said and will take the comments seriously and (maybe) adjust their future plans accordingly, only time will tell.

In any event, no amount of debate on relatively minor issues is likely to add or influence anything at this stage. Whatever the outcome, we will all have our own decisions to make when it comes to the next product release and these will be based on lots of differing factors. We won't know what the factors are and how they affect us until the whole package (or packages) gets firmed up and priced.

No doubt by posting this I am inviting further comment, influential or not, but then that's what Forums are for :D.

Chris M

After you pay full fare for a software that you may or may not like.

I don't think you quite understand what a "demo" is but here's a hint: it's not the same as "beta".

i rather pay a high upfront cost say 60 dollars then have to pay 10 dollars a month for service i might not even use every month. Over the long run you pay more for the software then you would buying it outright. All P2P models have died or dwindle, hence why Free 2 Play games make far more money then them. Guess its a moot point anyways multiplayer surveyor will still have the same drawbacks as the original multiplayer, meaning no custom third party content and no modified content. All built-in and DLS only. After getting burned really hard on T:ANE dont really see me getting the next version til it goes on sale. Thats if we can purchase the actual game and not subscribe to it.

After you pay full fare for a software that you may or may not like.

I don't think you quite understand what a "demo" is but here's a hint: it's not the same as "beta".

And life goes on in the world of trainz!
There's nothing else here to response to!

Ish

Last edited:
Personally I think the whole issue of 'Next' has been debated to exhaustion point and it's been interesting ! I am quietly confident that Tony and the team have listened to what has been said and will take the comments seriously and (maybe) adjust their future plans accordingly, only time will tell.

In any event, no amount of debate on relatively minor issues is likely to add or influence anything at this stage. Whatever the outcome, we will all have our own decisions to make when it comes to the next product release and these will be based on lots of differing factors. We won't know what the factors are and how they affect us until the whole package (or packages) gets firmed up and priced.

No doubt by posting this I am inviting further comment, influential or not, but then that's what Forums are for :D.

Chris M

Well said, sir!!!

Kind Regards
Ish

Sounds like a good reason to support a subscription model. If you end up not liking it, you can stop before you get in too deep.

Except I don't like a subscription model and from the looks of it am far from being the only one who doesn't. But like Ish says, life goes on anyway so we should all shut up since there's nothing to respond to here really.

Hi I have just moved to Tasmania, fortunatly for me the house that I am renting has fiber, so I have the same every thing as it was in Melbourne. So when I fire it up, more updates and patches, I bought the SP1 disk, in case. All this 16 pages going on about the 'next', what about getting this one running properly first? like many others supported T:ANE sight unseen, after $300 plus, still not a game that can be played with out fear of some thing else happening. I tried to as a question about roads on this Forum still no real answer as yet, the answer I got from the NV3 support was oh this is done by a third party! where is the NV3 support when you need it. All they want now is for you to keep on paying. Like many of us, spend hours upon hours, some years, to get a good looking and working layout. this is not good no support from them for the support that was given by all of us that like building, and not just driving!

I tried to as a question about roads on this Forum still no real answer as yet, the answer I got from the NV3 support was oh this is done by a third party! where is the NV3 support when you need it.

If you are using something that was created by a 3rd party (ie not N3V) then it is not N3Vs responsibility to support it. The first port of call is to contact the creator of the asset(s) in question.

Interesting times ahead, I like the idea of online surveyor based on the frustrations we had building the ECML, where only one of us had the master copy and none of the other team could work on it but as for a subs model, I totally disagree and i am out of here, after many many years of pottering about, off line, with Trainz. <Tips hat and leaves the room>

Pete, the multiplayer surveyor is a great idea. As I suggested a few pages back, we should pay for subscription to the multiplayer servers, not for the game itself.

I will say that having tried the really, really early, tests of the Multiplayer Surveyor (MPS), it is going to be the bees knees when it comes to working on collaborative projects.

John

I see know use for multiplayer. It would only be good for about maybe 10 to 20 percent off people who play the game. It would be great for say four to six people who has the real talent to get to gather and build a route to gather, that with the talent of some would produce some really great routes, other than that see no reason everyone would have any reason to use it. Just my opinion. I don't thank you have to make a hold new game to sell it. Lets say for the most part we are happy with T:ane. Now let N3V work on now making it even better to work with. With improvements like tools with finer controls to work topology and other aspects of the game then I would still be willing to pay a fair price to get a new release. We don't go out and buy a new car every year just to get a new version of the one we have, know we make it work for as long as we can. I hope your understanding what I'm trying to say. Like I said just my opinion.

Back