UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

You are correct about the material, it is m.reflect but, unfortunately, you need the professional version of IMEditor to change it to m.onetex. So that means it's down to the repair guys to do it, so it may be some time, if at all.
We'll just have to live with it I'm afraid.

Now that is very strange looking Peter. Possibly I'm not seeing because I have shadows turned off. I'll take another look at it with shadows turned on and see if what Valiant advises fixes the problem.

Night in TS2019 is not very convincing at all to my mind as compared to earlier versions, but we'll see what happens at midnight

I have the regular version of IM Editor, not the pro version and just changed one of andi06's carriages, material 6, from m.reflect using env.tga to m.onetex.

I found that I could change the coach body to m.reflect, but not the doors. If I changed the doors to m.reflect I ended up with every door throwing up an error.

My version of IM Editor can be changed over to Pro if a box is ticked to say that I know what I'm doing. I think I might have an old version though.

And I still can't reproduce the fault in my copy of TS2019 that Peter is seeing no matter what I do.

<kuid2:122285:650:5> LNER Gresley 61'6 Brake Third

<kuid2:122285:650:5> LNER Gresley 61'6 Brake Third

default.im

Original settings per IM Editor V1.1.1.0
In the Settings tab I see that "professional mode" is ticked. Unticking it and ticking it again generated a warning that changes can be made which break the mesh and it asks if you understand the risks.
There is also a tickbox for enabling making backups.

Object 0: material *default*FCA0BABD*miscellaneous*m.onetex. Livery.texture. 100% opacity. 0.100 shininess.
Object 1: material *default*6C0A76E2*logo*m.onetex. logo-logo.texture. 100% opacity. 0.100 shininess.
Object 2: material *default*3280EEA6*number*m.onetex. Fleet-Fleet.texture. 100% opacity. 0.100 shininess.
Object 3: material *default*1FC354A*text*m.onetex. Text-Text.texture. 100% opacity. 0.100 shininess.
Object 4: material *default*C5011112*glass*m.onetex. Livery.texture. 25% opacity. 0.100 shininess.
Object 5: material *default*C04385F4*glass-wc*m.onetex. Livery.texture. 80% opacity. 0.100 shininess.
Object 6: material *default*54D37578*livery*m.reflect. Livery.texture. 100% opacity. 0.100 shininess. env.texture.
Object 7: material *default*5EE3145B*miscellaneous double*m.onetex. Livery.texture. 100% opacity. 0.100 shininess.
Object 8: material *default*47867AFB*footboard*m.onetex. Footboard.texture. 100% opacity. 0.100 shininess.

TRS2019 Environmental settings reset, shadows off. Perpendicular view, side elevation, viewing side facing the sun - original andi06 m.reflect.

TRS2019 Environmental settings reset, shadows off. Perpendicular view, side elevation, viewing side away from the sun - original andi06 m.reflect.

TRS2019 Environmental settings reset, shadows off. Oblique view, side elevation, viewing side facing the sun - original andi06 m.reflect.

TRS2019 Environmental settings reset, shadows off. Oblique view, side elevation, viewing side away from the sun - original andi06 m.reflect.

TRS2019 Environmental settings reset, shadows off. Perpendicular view, side elevation, viewing side facing the sun - m.reflect changed to m.onetex on default.im (doors unchanged).

TRS2019 Environmental settings reset, shadows off. Perpendicular view, side elevation, viewing side away from the sun - m.reflect changed to m.onetex on default.im (doors unchanged).

TRS2019 Environmental settings reset, shadows off. Perpendicular view, side elevation, viewing side facing the sun - m.reflect changed to m.onetex on default.im, including doors.

TRS2019 Environmental settings reset, shadows off. Perpendicular view, side elevation, viewing side away from the sun - m.reflect changed to m.onetex on default.im, including doors.

TRS2019 Environmental settings reset, shadows off. Oblique view, side elevation, viewing side facing the sun - m.reflect changed to m.onetex on default.im, including doors.

TRS2019 Environmental settings reset, shadows off. Oblique view, side elevation, viewing side away from the sun - m.reflect changed to m.onetex on default.im, including doors.

I see that there are changes, though for me personally, in my opinion I have no problem with the previous, original andi06 settings. I will revert the brake third to my saved original cdp and reinstate shadows on TRS20019. Prior to doing that I will save the changed cdp and see what size it is. I might then save it to a backup drive for a few days. After that I will delete it, so if you want it contact me soon.

Last edited:
Hi Borderreiver

I quite agree with your observations above. I think the confusion arose because you was looking at the BTK and I was looking at the BG. And they are different. But I still see you have the 'chalk' effect when looking at the non sun side (as picture 4)

Hello Peter. Shots one through 4, as noted in the captions below each shot indicate that they are the original andi06 settings using m.reflect. shots 4 through 6 indicate partial change to onetex (not doors) and shots 7 through 10 full change to onetex including doors. The "chalk" is a "feature" of the reflection. If you look at real world objects, expecially metallic objects reflection/glossiness can actually produce white/silver finishes.

Personally, I wish that both andi06 and bendorsey were still with us, and that skipper1945 was turning out content. Come to think on it, though I might be wrong, I don't recall kengreen being active lately either.

Last edited:
I understand what you mean but I think the following screen shots explain what I mean. The Gresley stands out like a sore thumb.

view_media_post
view_media_post
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

view_media_post

view_media_post

view_media_post

That is a very interesting experiment Frank. I've been sleepy a lot lately so I must've somehow messed up with changing the doors to m.onetex.

I'm still surprised that I couldn't reproduce the chalky effect on the side of the coach in TS2019 though.

That effect in Peter's shots are by several factors worse than what I saw in my TRS2019 installation. Another league of anomaly entirely. That environment is significantly darker than my settings but "midnight" on my TRS2019 really is the depths of darkness. The andi06 BG also appears to display night-mode, which is something I haven't seen in the andi06 BTK do on my TRS2019 installation. When i get a minute I will have to try that. Currently trying to complete something else non-trainz related but my enthusiasm for it is rapidly waning.

I just did a midnight run on the M&GNJR with a Gresley full brake in amongst a train of Midland coaches and luggage vans and it looked just the same as the other vehicles in the train. I'd reset the lighting and I was running normal shadows. And yes Frank you're right it was the depth of darkness.

I can try an evening run and see what that looks like.

So this is what I got for an evening test. the LNER coach looks different because it's teak and the other coaches are painted, but they all are sharing the same dusky lighting effect to the same degree. I think this might be a problem that you'll need to have the repair group look at Peter, because I'm at a loss to know what to do since I can't reproduce the problem that you're having.

HC71umv.jpg

Just for reference I am using the following settings
Build 106618
Shadow quality - Ultra
Main shadow resolution - 4096
Shader quality - Ultra
Texture detail - High
Post processing - Ultra
Water quality - Ultra
Detail scenery - off
Antialiasing - 8x
Detail update rate - Ultra

Intel Core i7-6820
Geforce GTX 1070

That could be the difference Peter since I'm running fairly pedestrian kinds of settings since the computer i'm using at the moment is only running an Intel i5 and a GTX660 graphics card. My dual core Xeon fitted with a GTX 1650 is still waiting for me to finish putting it together.

Here is a shot at 5.30 am.
The effect is visible on the andi06 BG.
Not visible on barn700's Thompsons or kengreen's LMS BG.

Three choices here, hope for the repair group to take up the repair for the DLS, do the changes yourself or hope for somebody else to do them for you.

I have merely one andi06 carriage altered to onetex, the BTK saved to cdp.

A sort of "color remake" of a photo taken on November 30, 1934, showing LNER A3 "Flying Scotsman" exiting Stoke Bank at 100 mph.

4ItZYC8.png

Three choices here, hope for the repair group to take up the repair for the DLS, do the changes yourself or hope for somebody else to do them for you.

I have merely one andi06 carriage altered to onetex, the BTK saved to cdp.

I'd love to be able to repair them myself but the edition of IMEditor I have installed will not allow me to do it.
So it's either wait for the repair group, and I'm not even sure it's on their radar, or hope that someone else takes up the challenge.

I will not be holding my breath.

Peter

Peter - there is, as far as I know, only one version of IMEditor; you just need to activate the "Professional" version under File: Settings.

hth,

Anthony

Edit to add a screenie:

50045018492_e9c33c6adb_k.jpg

BR(WR) built Manor class 4-6-0 at Horse Parks, just before the start of the 1 in 65 climb to Washford on the West Somerset Railway.

Last edited:
Back