Model Railroadz

watch

Get 'em here.

Last edited:
Model Railroads can look real too! lol

[pic deleted...]

-Ben
I would love to see an environment setting that would be a simple click of a button: Model Railroad. ON, and the baseboards are surrounded by a rectangular cube with default floor, risers, walls, and ceiling (with indoor lighting effects). OFF, and no walls, no ceiling, but sky just like non-model railroads. A HYBRID mode could produce a sky instead of ceiling, leaving walls and so forth in place.

That would be a great feature, I would think!

Man, Railhead, you just gotta take the spray paint away from those wild kids! ;)

Great screenshots!

The funny thing is at one time I would not have dared done what I did but then I got to look at trains while stopped at a crossings and saw all the graffiti on each of the cars then driving home by part of a UP serviced industrial area I again saw all the graffiti on the buildings and signs............honestly I think its almost impossible to find a "clean" building or freight car anymore. Growing up with CR/PC practically in my backyard I remember non graffiti freight cars back in the 80's. Good luck now....

Great shots Railhead001. I really like your layout. Have you or are you planning to release any sessions for it?
Would love to see it in full operation mode.

Great shots Railhead001. I really like your layout. Have you or are you planning to release any sessions for it?
Would love to see it in full operation mode.

I have a couple versions of my Modified Pioneer & Freedom on the DLS already. Hopefully this weekend I will finish tweaking the BNSF Concrete version and put it on the DLS. Haven't made any sessions but it would be quite easy just to add some cars to the layout and go at it.

The industries you have are 2 coal mines (1 animated) and a coal unloader (animated), a small oil/fuel storage facility, transfer warehouse, cement plant, feed supply, and a functioning staging yard that can double as a warehouse district. 2 sets of ATLS RR Crossings along with 2 diesel servicing areas with one located in the Pioneer Yard and the other at Freedom Yard. You also have an animated bobcat next to the Ol' Betsy mine and an animated construction scene as shown in the video.

The layout can handle 2-3 AI trains depending on size. I like using 1 or 2 AI trains plus one that I control to make things challenging.

Buildings are freeware by Jointed Rail and RR Mods. I believe everything is on the DLS for relatively easy downloading. The layout is for TMR17 and not sure if it works with Tane SP2.

A Virginian H-16-44 works Turtle Creek Mine

The route is my WIP "Virginian", Model Railroader's project layout from a few years back

Back