What are some Steamers made for Trainz that look great with the CIWL cars by Vendel?

The Orient Express was pulled by a Golsdorf 380 in MSTS but none exist for Trainz.

Here is a picture of it:

hqdefault.jpg

As for the Golsdorf's steamers I would be not afraid to use one of these series 310 beauties from Smejki:

375.006.jpg
375.007.jpg

Last edited:
I was able to get the one without the brass trimmings on the boiler from Smejki's site, via Archive.org, but the one with the brass' link is dead. The forum downloads section is also broken; I tried to download the Golsdorf 310 from there, but the link was dead too.

34t6051.jpg

(Large Image)

Anyway, I did manage to get the Gosdorf 310 by smejki fully working error-free in TS12 SP1. Here is engine no. 7 pulling the Orient Express!

What route is that?

At one point I smashed together several German routes off the DLS but, being a complete ditz, I didn't keep a list of what is in it. It's about 200 or 300 Km long and much to my amazement I didn't have to do much to update it and it works quite well in TANE.

Your shot looks quite good too I think that baggage car you found really works well.

Edit: Correction that route is DB Together by celje and is on the DLS. He has also done DB France which includes DB Together and a large section of French country side.

Last edited:
Here is a shot of the Orient Express in his 1935 composition, with an ex-S3/6 owned by the SNCF

Currently I use this luggage car

This luggage car is not a reskin, but an old model I got in a french trainz add-on I bought some years ago in a shop. I find that the model is good, but it would need some reskin to fit with Vendel or Bambi's CIWL cars, and new bogeys.

I started a reskin on it, here is what I currently done

On the left it's one of Bambi's cars and on the right it's one of Vendel's cars.

Last edited:
In page three of this thread, I posted links to an original 1883 trainset for the CIWL, plus a freeware CIWL luggage wagon, eurostar3000.

Now, the Orient Express also serviced London. In Britain, they used brown and cream Pullman carriages, and express locomotives typical of the region pulled the train as it departed out of SR Victoria station. The late Andi06 created the entire British Pullman trainset for TRS, available on the DLS. The locomotive, the SR "Battle of Britain" class 4-6-2, was also modeled by both Jayholland and Skipper1945 for Trainz. This loco is also on the DLS.
package12649.jpg
Golden_Arrow.jpg

Hi !
I have some french steam locomotives that have hauled the Orient-Express, the "Train Bleu" (blue train) and the "Flèche d'or" (golden arrow)
SNCF 231C and 231E (ex-nord)

SNCF 231K (ex-PLM) and 231E Flèche d'or (ex-Nord)

Nord 231C and 231E

Jimmy
where and how did you get that [ i want to know

thanks for the papytrainz site

I think that the French locomotive above was built-in to TRS06; the difference is that one has brass/gold trim, the Trainz version does not. I did find a few S 3/6's on papytrainz.jimdo.com that actually ran with SNCF.

Thanks for that link, I got a green version of the S 3/6 which looks pretty nice, and looks really nice with the latest Orient Express cars that came with the Sebino Lake, Italy route. Hey - you're the guy I'm trying to get ahold of regarding your repaint of the Mallard, etc. I hope you see and answer this one. :)

I also got Bambi's CIWL coaches from that site. Straight on his homepage, it states that he was working on an Orient Express luggage van. What happened to it?

I don't have that answer, but I just wanted to say, wow, those coaches are REALLY nice, thanks for mentioning them and the source! Great quality, and they all have interiors, unlike the payware version of Orient Express cars I have from Auran.

Back