Getting up long steep grades (Freight Delivery / Cornish...)

I still prefer to take the weight given in the loco data as dry weight and allow the weight of water and coal to be added when in Trainz.

Bill69

I still prefer to take the weight given in the loco data as dry weight and allow the weight of water and coal to be added when in Trainz.

Bill69

Obviously it's up to you what you do, but the weights quoted on Wikipedia etc are almost invariably the in service weight.

I remembered last night that I have a copy of the official LMS "diagram book" which gives the weights both light and loaded. The tender is quoted at 19.75 imperial tons empty, the loco 43.5 imperial tons empty.

I found a lot of helpful information for myself, and I have been looking for a similar thread for a long time. I am interested if you have found the answer to your question since it is still difficult for me to understand what is here because I have only recently started studying it all. I would also like to know if someone here ordered an accurate steering wheel simulator and pedals for deeper immersion in the game. I want to order a set of pedals through china post tracking, but I don't quite understand how to do it yet. I am also worried about the fact that a lockdown may be introduced in my city soon, and I do not know if, in this case, the parcel can reach me

Last edited:
Well I dont want to sound Like I am bragging but I saw this thread and thought I would give it a go and with the original loco and the 23 wagons went all the way to Cambourne and uncoupled in the siding first go with no problems at all. Now I am beginning to think there is something wrong with my version, why is it only me that has done it? surely someone else has done it r have you all got leaves on the line?. Seriously I cant understand it.
Len

I believe its DCC Anne. sorry.
Len

I did wonder about that. The difficulty with climbing the gradients up to Cambourne is trying to do it using the steam controls as the original engine spec for the Ivatt 2MT isn't much good at producing steam and the locomotive itself is or was too heavy.

I have to be honest and say I dont usually drive the loco`s as I am into AI so when I do its pretty basic driving, and when I did this test I stuck to signals and speed limits so I have to say I was surprised when I finished it. But its like so often with this game when people say they have a problem with an item but then others say they dont, but surely someone else must have done it.
Len

Back