A rule that controls the time of day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ish6

Since 2001
Hello Community,

Is there a rule at the DLS that will keep the time of day the same always, example; i want it to stay 12 noon all of the time! LOL

Stay safe and healthy!
Thanks
Ish

The closest (but still not good enough) would be the Time and Rate Rule which sets the time of day and the rate at which time changes. I checked it to see if it could be set to 0x (meaning time does not change) but alas the slowest it can give is normal speed (1x).

But your request does raise a question - why?

If time does not change then none of the rules or driver commands that rely on the Trainz clock reaching a set time or passing through a set time interval would work.

The closest (but still not good enough) would be the Time and Rate Rule which sets the time of day and the rate at which time changes. I checked it to see if it could be set to 0x (meaning time does not change) but alas the slowest it can give is normal speed (1x).

But your request does raise a question - why?

If time does not change then none of the rules or driver commands that rely on the Trainz clock reaching a set time or passing through a set time interval would work.

Hello Pware,

It's really to focus on what more can trainz do - I have built a Marsz world, and not limit myself to use trainz for just simply trainz; But to be creative, imaginative, and never-grounded, so it's just having a bit of fun from reality! :) -- I hope this answer "why?" ...

However, your post is Very informative and thought out - Thank you for your comments on this issue!
Be safe and healthy!
kind regards
Ish

There is a driver command that can change the time to certain times (also can change the weather). Something like EW- time and weather.

There is a driver command that can change the time to certain times (also can change the weather). Something like EW- time and weather.

Hello there, :wave:

Yep, that was done my net-friend V, who created the IRT subway route, an excellent urban route! --

Thanks for your post!
Stay safe and healthy!
Ish

Is there a rule at the DLS that will keep the time of day the same always, example; i want it to stay 12 noon all of the time! LOL

I may have accidentally discovered the way to do this. Running a test session in Platinum without the Setup Options Rule and the Time and Rate Rule present I have noticed that the time of day is 12:00 noon and does not change.

I may have accidentally discovered the way to do this. Running a test session in Platinum without the Setup Options Rule and the Time and Rate Rule present I have noticed that the time of day is 12:00 noon and does not change.

Hello Pware,

Wow, that's very interesting, sir, and I'll certainly, of course, give this a try!!!

I guess it's only fair to say why I would have time-manipulated on my route …. Since I am heavily invested in Marsz, and time works differently on that planet from a rotational point-o-point because Mars is so far away from the Sun, time is different there then on Earth; And since I have no skills on developing a rule that can manipulate time in trainz it's why I figure I asked here -- I like to think out the box, having fun, etc LOL -- Anyhow, enough venting, and thank you so much for looking into this further! Most appreciated, of course!

Take care, stay safe and healthy!
Ish

According to Google, the length of a Mars day is only 37 minutes longer than that on Earth. The length of a Mars year is 687 Earth days so on Mars the winters and summers would be a bit less than twice the length of an Earth winter or summer.

According to Google, the length of a Mars day is only 37 minutes longer than that on Earth. The length of a Mars year is 687 Earth days so on Mars the winters and summers would be a bit less than twice the length of an Earth winter or summer.

Okay.

Un, believable!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back