Question about USA Cabooses

polywogs

This may seem silly, but I mention this to my buddies when we talk about our experiences with trains.
My brother and I used to hop trains when we were kids. If we would catch a caboose and go inside there was a rest room. For the experienced persons who probably know what I'm gonna ask, here it is. Did this plumbing have a real name? Like "Drop it on the tracks for everyone to see." plumbing?
I just want to know.
Thanks
polywogs

This may seem silly, but I mention this to my buddies when we talk about our experiences with trains.
My brother and I used to hop trains when we were kids. If we would catch a caboose and go inside there was a rest room. For the experienced persons who probably know what I'm gonna ask, here it is. Did this plumbing have a real name? Like "Drop it on the tracks for everyone to see." plumbing?
I just want to know.
Thanks
polywogs

Most modern cabooses are equipped by law to contain either chemical or heat waste disposal systems. The older types dumped directly onto the tracks, posted with signs that read "Do Not Flush Until Train Has Left The Station", also posted on passenger car toilets.

Back