Coming soon - UMR2019

Hi @ all,

at first thanks to neilsmith749 for providing us another great iteration of the legendary UMR. I love to see that this Route is still developing and I'm really looking forward to drive on it. Does anybody know if there's still an active MP-session available to join and have fun?

@hminky: I'm wondering what tracks you used as a replacement for the SAM ones. These tracks aren't the Protrack ones, aren't they?

Kind Regards,

Marcel

@hminky: I'm wondering what tracks you used as a replacement for the SAM ones. These tracks aren't the Protrack ones, aren't they?

The track is MsgSapper's series reskinned.

<kuid2:439337:102580:1> SAP Protrack U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny

The track shown has been crudely reskinned with a ballast texture made from Elstoko's protrack. I removed the shadow from the ballast texture as the rail shadow is supplied by TRS2019.

ballast-b.jpg

The rail texture is derived from JR track.

rail.jpg

Harold

Last edited:
If you want to post them, I'll see what I can do. Perhaps do a rebuild of the database first. I'm pretty sure everything should be available except for the noted two exceptions.
I have answered this in the other thread by 1611mac. The missing assets are all from DLC routes and most from the ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh which was a gold member selection back in October. N3V have not listed them as payware so they have appeared as built in and used by many who have them as gold members.

I just noticed the Kokomo Power Station is gone. I really liked giving that place coal. :(

Yeah, I wondered if anyone would catch that. As with any railroad, industries come and go. There are a few other industries that have been mothballed as well. I was a little leery about cutting out things, as I understand everyone likes different things, but in the name of moving forward, I looked at industries that just didn't seem to fit anymore, whether it was the decline of coal in today's market, or the hauling of things that really haven't been moved by rail in decades, and made the decisions on what stayed and what went out of business.

On the positive side, management has finally started to address some of those pesky squeeze points, which were often causing meets, and slowing things down. Some areas have been completely double tracked, and some, as Harold shows above, are still in the construction stage.

I know the route can't be everything to everyone, but hopefully everyone can get some enjoyment out of it. :)

I am still getting enjoyment out of it.

Yes it enjoyment except you are still using my name in here. Where do you live in Beaver???

Last edited:
I've enjoyed the evolving nature of the route but I did noticed one issue. Many of the bridges are too low to allow double stacked containers, hycubes, and other oversize railcars. That ought to keep the crews busy :hehe:

Last edited:
I was watching the live cam at Shenandoah the other day and wondered why the double stack was going so slow... then I changed from the west cam to the east cam and saw the reason... Close clearance!

Screen capture is from Shenandoah Junction stream east. All credit to RailStream, LLC - fantastic live streams! railstream.net

modal.jpg

I was watching the live cam at Shenandoah the other day and wondered why the double stack was going so slow... then I changed from the west cam to the east cam and saw the reason... Close clearance!

Screen capture is from Shenandoah Junction stream east. All credit to RailStream, LLC - fantastic live streams! railstream.net

Yeah that is a pretty close bridge! It's really cool when they're are trains crossing on the top as well as a meet on the bottom at the same time.

But I wonder if the slow down could be related to the signal down the other end? There's a crossover past the bridge heading west and then farther down is another. It also looks like there's something coming heading east.

On another note about this location, this camera gets pretty noisy at night with all the crickets and bugs, in addition to the yappy dog across the tracks. One person on the live chat mentioned that the crickets were so loud that they were confusing the crickets outside his window! :D

For about 2 years, I moderated the live chat for Railstream. Andrea and Mike are great people and have a nice operation. For me, life got in the way and I had to give it up. They closed the chat anyway for YouTube due to some issues I can't discuss here, but their vides are still great to watch when they post them. If you want, you can subscribe to their actual website. It's a payware setup but they have a number of cool cameras.

You hit another one out of the park with your new Route.

This latest version includes 35 miles of new mainline trackage, two new towns, and three new commodities (Rock salt, Ethanol, and Potash). There are many general scenery updates, as well as some efficiency improvements (think squeeze-points).

All assets are on the DLS, with the two usual exceptions found at Jointedrail.com freeware section. (Weathered Container Pack, and TOFC Pack).

There is also another known issue with the signalling. For whatever reason, TRS19 and the signals I've used don't like each other too much. Most of the signals work fine, but some will not show the correct aspects. Trains should still be able to pass through them, albeit a little slower than normal in a few places.

Hope you enjoy!

:D I downloaded your updated 2019 Version, and it is really nice with the adjustments for TRS-19, however, I think since I have the 2018 one, I'll keep that for a while longer too.....Great Route, they run great, and this one had one missing Asset in it. Which to me, is nothing to worry about.

These Routes are keepers, and sure appreciate all u did on the newest update.......I'm excited to try out all the new Commodities......:p

I looked at industries that just didn't seem to fit anymore, whether it was the decline of coal in today's market,

Coal may be on the decline, however there are plenty of coal trains traveling through Memphis every day going somewhere. Memphis is one of only three cities in the US served by all the class I railroads, including Amtrak, so we get to see a great variety of stuff being hauled in all shapes and forms. All these railroads have major yards in Memphis including the CN.

The UMR2019 is a great route and the great challenge with it is to add lots more traffic on the line. That’s the only way the double tracking will pay off for management.

Last edited:
I've enjoyed the evolving nature of the route but I did noticed one issue. Many of the bridges are too low to allow double stacked containers, hycubes, and other oversize railcars. That ought to keep the crews busy :hehe:

That's interesting - I've always tried to keep a height level of +10 for bridges, which allows double stacks through. If you could let me know which ones I've messed up, I'll get right on fixing them. Thx

-edit - Oh boy, yeah I see what you mean. It's some of the truss-style bridges I've selected. Well, back to work....haha

Last edited:
Coal may be on the decline, however there are plenty of coal trains traveling through Memphis every day going somewhere. Memphis is one of only three cities in the US served by all the class I railroads, including Amtrak, so we get to see a great variety of stuff being hauled in all shapes and forms. All these railroads have major yards in Memphis including the CN.

The UMR2019 is a great route and the great challenge with it is to add lots more traffic on the line. That’s the only way the double tracking will pay off for management.

There is still lots of coal to be hauled, to both of the ports at Gladston port and Joliet, as well as the powerstation at Eccles, for anyone who wants a bit of a longer haul. Have you found the other industries that have been mothballed Paul? BTW - you may want to re-download it, as a bunch of changes have been made since you tested it out for me. Thanks again for that!

Looks to me you could run a hundred coal trains into Joliet and not fill it up. I used to work near a coal pier in Baltimore it allways had a number of trains waiting to get unloaded, I'd says Joliet is very realistic.

Great work

That's interesting - I've always tried to keep a height level of +10 for bridges, which allows double stacks through. If you could let me know which ones I've messed up, I'll get right on fixing them. Thx

-edit - Oh boy, yeah I see what you mean. It's some of the truss-style bridges I've selected. Well, back to work....haha

Yes, I suppose I should have been more specific, some trusses are fine and others have problems with height/width. It might be amusing to only upgrade some routes forcing oversize trains to follow specific routes. :D

Back