DRM Free

cabnz1

Times like this (the coronavirus) is where a DRM Free version is perhaps needed. People are lossing there income and may need to switch there internet off for a while to save money and because of that, those people wont be able to play Trainz because of the DRM.

Maybe this is a good time to bring in DRM Free?

Last edited:
Not sure what you guys are thinking! our state and city probably going to go into state of emergency which means everything is to shut down so far my nephew had to shut down his business my wife had to cut her staff down by 50% So what happens when everybody gets closed and no income. Good thing for us is we have no mortgage house is paid off. PS right now there asking everybody to stay home if they can even from work.

I think the point is staying alive is more important than playing a computer game.
If as most ISP are you are under contract, with a hefty cancellation charge if you cancel early, switching the internet off isn't saving money, might save a bit in electric charges, however you only have to connect every 30 days with the DRM.

Last edited:
Not sure what you guys are thinking! our state and city probably going to go into state of emergency which means everything is to shut down so far my nephew had to shut down his business my wife had to cut her staff down by 50% So what happens when everybody gets closed and no income. Good thing for us is we have no mortgage house is paid off. PS right now there asking everybody to stay home if they can even from work.

Well I am thinking that IF 30 days passes where trainz can not call oz because I have no internet access I am going to be WAY too busy trying to survive to worry about playing a freaking computer game...And you will be too!

I think that the greatest danger in this crisis is fear and misinformation. By the best estimates, supported by the statistics so far, 80% of those who will get the virus (and that will NOT be everyone) will suffer mild symptoms only or no symptoms at all. The infection in those individuals will last, at worse, a few weeks - the often quoted 14 days is the maximum incubation period before any symptoms are likely to appear.

So unlike those zombie movies and TV shows, the internet, electricity grid, water supply and civilisation in general will not collapse.

I will continue to use my non DRM-free versions of Trainz throughout.

Last edited:
Back