ugly trains

In my eyes, this thing is ugly.
bm4016.jpg

EDIT:
Found this, although it isnt a real photo, I just really am questioning the skyline chasing along with the smoke deflectors.
DSC_2195.jpg

Edit (again)
Delaware_%26_Hudson_RR_high-pressure_locomotive%2C_1401_John_B._Jervis_%28CJ_Allen%2C_Steel_Highway%2C_1928%29.jpg

Last edited:
Are you kidding me lol ! I'm not a fan of steam trains but I found the Mallard a masterpiece :D

Here's a Bugatti WR ( Wagon Rapide ) which can be translated into RC ( Rapid Coach ):

A8aDy81.jpg

yeah yeah even automotive makers build trains like Renault which is one of the first maker of rubber tyred subway of the world etc

Are you kidding me lol ! I'm not a fan of steam trains but I found the Mallard a masterpiece :D

Here's a Bugatti WR ( Wagon Rapide ) which can be translated into RC ( Rapid Coach ):

yeah yeah even automotive makers build trains like Renault which is one of the first maker of rubber tyred subway of the world etc
looks like an upside down bathtub painted blue

The streamlined front end of the Bugatti is said to have inspired Nigel Gresley when he created the A4 (Mallard). Incidentally the Bugatti used two Royale car engines.

Last edited:
Now I disagree with 2 of those deadpool. The only one ugly there is that weird lookin B&O duplex (or northern. cannot really tell which)

That is defiantly true. The PRR K4's are a fine feat of engineering.

The Mallard does not look even close to an upside down bathtub... the A4's were made to pull high speed passenger trains across the U.K... A4's look great to. And an A4 has a more complex shape then a bathtub. The only ugly thing there is that B&O duplex thing.

Last edited:
That is defiantly true. The PRR K4's are a fine feat of engineering.

The Mallard does not look even close to an upside down bathtub... the A4's were made to pull high speed passenger trains across the U.K... A4's look great to. And an A4 has a more complex shape then a bathtub. The only ugly thing there is that B&O duplex thing.
i mean he particular k4 I love the k4 just not that weird modifications they tried.

no idea what you’re on about, or what this means, I’m pretty sure 99.9% of Civilization doesn’t get this weird slang.
So I’ll just assume You’re complimenting me, so thanks man I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Most non-American trains are homely especially from Europe or Britain. Trains that are too ultra-modern or streamlined like a rocket ship look weird to mine eyes. Modern hood-unit D/E locomotives with massive wings and "comfort cabs" look somewhat ungainly. Classic spartan hood units of the 20th century are what I know best and appreciate looking at as well as F7 carbodies and similar engines. Streamlined steam locomotives as the Hudson Streamliner look odd. The UP Big Boy is one ungainly SOB. That it lacks a clearly-protruding single cylindrical smokestack as in the Baldwin 1910 Consolidation doesn't look right on any steam engine.

Maybe it looks like modern in its time early 50's but for me it's really ugly

Both the Bugatti and the A4 date from the 1930s when streamlining was all the rage. In both cases it was actually beneficial in view of their top speeds.

Back