GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Almost

There is little to do. Texturing is my pain. And i will make some changes to make another betghon for CSX, this is of NS for my route Bluefield WV NS Yard

Cheers

PD: AND NOW IN TRAINZ

Now i make a call for if someone can help me with the unwrap to get a good base to start texturing. I only want to get a good unwrap and im will make the texturing
THX

Yes i know that the textures looks bad but is because the RTT. When i will make the texture work i will make the textures separately so i will get a better effect. This is only for testing. Model is done. Now i only need to make textures, place trucks and scale for make it a little higher

Cheers

Last edited:
i need to figure out how to guestimate steam locomotive widths better. thts for sure :/ then once i do i'll be cranking out meshes like santa's elves making toys XD

-AJ

The first place to start is to find a good front on photo of the locomotive.

This gives you the track gauge, which can be used as a fairly good 'measuring stick'. Generally track gauge won't be too far out, even on 'static display' locos :)

If building standard gauge locos, then your track gauge will be about 4ft8.5in across.

This measurement will effectively give you the width of the headstock area, since this will generally be the 'front point' where you can also clearly measure the track in the photo. From this, you can work back (if the side skirts line up with the edge of the headstock, then you have the width of these as well).

New in TRS

Hi , I'm newbie in Trainz .
I have some models developed with gmax for MSTS , and my intention is export them to TRS ( sucessfully, I hope , :p ).
My interest is Rolling Stock of my country ( Uruguay, South America )
Due to job reasons , it's a sloooowly labor to me.

Here are some of them : AFE GE 112 Ton (USA 1954 ) in MSTS
ge112ton.jpg

AFE GE 112 Ton (USA 1954 ) mesh
ge112ton2.jpg

Alsthom BB56 ( France ,1963 ) mesh
alsthombb56.jpg

Ganz Mavag DMU (Hungary, 1977 ) Engine mesh
ganzmavagdmu.jpg

Of course , sorry by my gramatics, i'm speak native spanish ....
I hope send fresh news soon !!

Cheers : afe_uy

I have some models developed with gmax for MSTS , and my intention is export them to TRS ( sucessfully, I hope , :p ).
My interest is Rolling Stock of my country ( Uruguay, South America )
Due to job reasons , it's a sloooowly labor to me.

Here are some of them : AFE GE 112 Ton (USA 1954 ) in MSTS

AFE GE 112 Ton (USA 1954 ) mesh

Alsthom BB56 ( France ,1963 ) mesh

Ganz Mavag DMU (Hungary, 1977 ) Engine mesh

Of course , sorry by my gramatics, i'm speak native spanish ....
I hope send fresh news soon !!

Cheers : afe_uy
Welcome to Trainz. Looking forward to seeing some of your creations.

Update of my Surfliner

update.jpg

Its Updated now I am confused on how to make the plow.:eek: (I used NURMS for the door handles and other things. Will it work with trainz?)

Last edited:
Ivantr : Hace unos años que soy miembro de ambos foros , y he aprendido mucho de gente como Jilor, Kaur , Portu y tantos otros . no me habia animado con TRS aun , estoy estudiando el CCG para empezar a probar exportar modelos simples a ver què tal . Siempre he tratado de modelar para ambos sims y espero lograrlo. RW no me interesa tanto ( y mi maquina no llega tampoco je je) pero si las mallas sirven , ya veremos.
Esto empieza... digo yo.
Saludos.

Martinvk : I'm beginner... just now reading ( and trying of understand ) the available documentation about Trainz CC what I've found.
The rolling stock of my country is very interesting ... and ancient too, or not ?
Cheers

I love it, but doors down crank would be better:D ;)
-I was trying to keep the poly count down but maybe modeling in the doors might be worth it.
I appreciate all the 53ft well cars that are available. Are you planning on making standard size well cars for that nice container too?:D
-I do have a 40ft. wellcar that was never released. Have some other stuff in the works too. Being released tho... I cant say. :p
-This container here is a complete rebuild and has nothing to do with any of the other containers btw!

-Joe

Last edited:
Back