Increasing asset visibility

Hi, all.

I have this asset ( some vegetation ). It has a three-level lod system, and I want the detailed parts to be visible from farther away. I should change the config.txt file, I guess; but how and where ? Thanks in advance.

PS : It isn't a reskin and the change will be strictly for my own usage.

Hi, all.

I have this asset ( some vegetation ). It has a three-level lod system, and I want the detailed parts to be visible from farther away. I should change the config.txt file, I guess; but how and where ? Thanks in advance.

PS : It isn't a reskin and the change will be strictly for my own usage.

It might help if you gave us the kuid number. There are at least three different methods for changing the LOD distances some are only used in some versions of trainz so which version of trainz will you be running?

Thanks John

It might help if you gave us the kuid number. There are at least three different methods for changing the LOD distances some are only used in some versions of trainz so which version of trainz will you be running?

Thanks John

Thanks, John.

It is <kuid2:276266:100014:2> and I'm using TS2019 Platinum. Asset name : "Hedgerow".

Thanks, John.

It is <kuid2:276266:100014:2> and I'm using TS2019 Platinum. Asset name : "Hedgerow".

It uses mesh-table which gives no control over where the LOD changes are made. However you can upgrade it to TS19 change the 3.5 version to 4.6? Then add in a mesh-table-lod-transition-distances tag http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/KIND_Mesh#mesh-table-lod-transition-distances

Not something I've played with but the basic information is there.

Good luck.

Cheerio John

I have solved this problem for a number of buildings and rolling stock by modifying the config.txt file to specify the highest detail mesh for all of the LOD entries on the mesh tables. In the case of your Hedgerow asset, the mesh table section becomes:

mesh-table
{
track-lod0
{
mesh "hedgerow_lod0.im"
}

track-lod1a
{
mesh "hedgerow_lod0.im"
}

track-lod1b
{
mesh "hedgerow_lod0.im"
}

track-lod2a
{
mesh "hedgerow_lod0.im"
}

track-lod2b
{
mesh "hedgerow_lod0.im"
}

track-lod3
{
mesh "hedgerow_lod0.im"
}

track-lod0w
{
mesh "hedgerow_winter_lod0.im"
}

track-lod1w
{
mesh "hedgerow_winter_lod0.im"
}
}

track
{
mesh-length 20
adjust-cross-section-to-ground 0

track-lod-tree
{
lod-distance 400

high-detail
{
lod-season-index 1

high-detail
{
mesh "track-lod0w"
}

low-detail
{
lod-distance 200

high-detail
{
lod-distance 60

high-detail
{
mesh "track-lod0"
}

low-detail
{
lod-random-bias 0.8

high-detail
{
mesh "track-lod0"
}

low-detail
{
mesh "track-lod0"
}
}
}

low-detail
{
lod-random-bias 0.5

high-detail
{
mesh "track-lod0"
}

low-detail
{
mesh "track-lod0"
}
}
}
}

low-detail
{
lod-season-index 1

high-detail
{
mesh "track-lod0w"
}

low-detail
{
mesh "track-lod0"
}
}
}
}

I tested this in TANE SP4, and the bushes remain "bushy" looking not matter how far I back my camera away (unlike the original hedgerow spline, that turns into "twigs" a bit too soon).

Hope this helps!

You're very welcome. I have found "graceless" LOD transitions to be a recurring issue. It's the main reason I don't use speed trees.

Back