Narrow gauge screenshots

2019-10-13_085153.jpg
Meanwhile in fictive polish city. :) Wls150 locomotive with some coal carriages is going to "Wojciech II" shaft.

Love these updates of the TU-3 & 4's by Dispether you can change the lights on each end plus the ability to shut the locos down sound and exhaust stop in both modes but in dcc mode they are still drivable with exhaust still coming out when shut down but thats ok includes startup and shutdown sound sequence .... Really nice these are the blue ones the TU3 have a custom Russian cab and the TU4 use a Russian cab that looks like a German V60 cab style but there is 8 X TU3's and 3 Tu4's sadly the others 2Tu2, Tu2, Tu6a, Tu7, Tu7a don't work above TS12 witch is a shame.

Also found one more that work the same with custom cab also LXD2

Tom
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
I expect that someone will say 'Mack" didn't make all those rail cars, that someone could be right but there is no proof they didn't.

But.

The one with the canvas top is an accurate reproduction of the Uintah rail car and Mack made that one. Photographs prove it.

However, the flatbed is really the basic chassis and I am supposing that "Mack" told it's salesmen to get out and sell that model and allow each railroad to provide their own body. It is adaptable to any gauge between 42" and 24" The original "Mack" concept was a road truck on rails and the construction methods show this. Hidden inside the railcar shape is a truck/lorry chassis and engine, gearbox, and back axle with chain drive to the two axles. The steering wheel, this is not needed for a rail car but I suggest that it is used for the brake, it can't have any other use.

Something to think about - the box in front of the radiator, it is there on #50 but not on an earlier car. I say that it is an added box with an open face towards the radiator grill and an opening below the chassis, and it was added to solve the problem of bugs and air-borne seeds in windy desert conditions clogging the grill.

Peter
Well the Mack company weren't responsible for the ones on the uintah, all done in house by the company in its own shops. They always were an iodiosyncratic bunch of fellows, like Sinatra " they did it their way."

Dave

I can only go by the drawing by Gary Caviglia. He attributes it to Mack Trucks, Inc, Allentown, Penn. Even if they did not make the rail car, judging by the construction methods and definitely the major parts, a road lorry/truck from somewhere was converted. It seems possible that the sacrificed vehicle was a Mack and the name stuck. However, I will remove the name from the content, makes no difference to me. I spent enough time trying to get the details construction details right, getting the name right is part of the deal.

Peter

Dave

I can only go by the drawing by Gary Caviglia. He attributes it to Mack Trucks, Inc, Allentown, Penn. Even if they did not make the rail car, judging by the construction methods and definitely the major parts, a road lorry/truck from somewhere was converted. It seems possible that the sacrificed vehicle was a Mack and the name stuck. However, I will remove the name from the content, makes no difference to me. I spent enough time trying to get the details construction details right, getting the name right is part of the deal.

Peter

No worries Peter, it is definitely a Mack light bus/truck originally, but the Mack company didn't convert it in any way, just as the other railcars are cars that the company happened to have hanging around and adapted for their purposes. No need to change anything, its simply a mack that was converted into a railcar by the Uintah railway in the Atchee shops without the involvement of the truck company .

some new shots between Glenview and Montridge on the 36 inch gauge section . U rebuilt the entire section to have stiffer grades and increased height.I am of the opinion that all NG routes should feature as many hills as possible which are being traversed by Trains....:)
GNtG73z.jpg

h0Q23OP.jpg

7S3nuUy.jpg

8WfQ9iA.jpg

Last edited:
@dangavel : very nice shots of a beautiful route ... and thankz for your great stuff ...
@tdstead : nice stuff you have .. downed some ..
@cebar3 : nice polish pic ...
@narrowgauge : many thankz for your great creationz ... still enjoying after all those years and on stage in ts19 ...
@everybody : keep on narrow viewing ...

have fun & grtz
daveric

diorama-ng-limestone---locs-by-narrowgauge.jpg

Dangavel,
These shots really look sharp. Such cool work. Steeper grades will just make it seem more real! Great work! :Y:

Heinrich505

Dangavel,
These shots really look sharp. Such cool work. Steeper grades will just make it seem more real! Great work! :Y:

Heinrich505

I have taken inspiration for Durango and Silverton and Cumbres and Toltec lines , i was revamping both for a while but then figured so were a lot of other people , one nice thing about freelancing is you can do what you want and have multiple, instances of what just occurs once on a particular line , so a lot of timber ridge features engines creeping along ledges, loops, horse shoe curves and trestles galore i just cant get enough of that stuff !

Did not like the in ported basemapz version so just a Test to see if it would work ... using EMM Bare Bones map 1 to recreate DSP&P All the distances ended up out, but position all the station in positions that suited them here is a quick screenshot of the map that is flat at the moment, thought it could be fun after my success with the last Modelrailroad
Top left and the track on right side will go to portals

Starts Left at Webster next station bottom right Como with main loco depot, the sinding on the island is Halfway then back to right top corner Boreas 2nd last Top left Argentine in between Baxter last of all is Breckenridge with the Big Y

Tom

Any ideas or suggestions?

PS did move and extend the loops at Como station to the left a fair bit that makes it look a lot better

Last edited:

Wikipedia Germany lists a lot of 750mm narrow gauge railways for Poland.
I think all of them are very interesting.
Can you tell us, which one you are building?

@Cosplay: This route is almost-fictional but two segments (pictures 3-5 from my last post) are based on Gryficka Kolej Dojazdowa (Greifenberger Kleinbahnen AG) - the unused part from Trzebiatów (Treptow) to Dargosław (Dargislaff). Nowadays this narrow gauge railway is called Nadmorska Kolej Wąskotorowa (e.g. on Facebook profile) and offers passenger trains from Gryfice to Pogorzelica (near the Baltic Sea coast).

Best regards

new work on the Timber Ridge.
532d4EE.jpg

On reflection this trestle needs replacing with a central truss as the bents would probably get swept away in times of high water, there's always room for improvement ...
Y5K4L0B.jpg

8uQTIP8.jpg

iRsr1Qf.jpg

xFkwSSh.jpg

Last edited:
Back