Assets now listed as "Not Installed, Payware (not active)" after installing DLC

pware

Trainz Veteran
Assets now listed as "Not Installed, Payware (not active)" after installing DLC

Build 105096 (TRS19 SP1). After downloading and installing DLC content after the build update, I now have a number of assets described as "Not Installed, Payware (not active)". I performed a DBR and that eliminated a number of other issues but these remain.

<kuid2:404079:1027:2> "Pre 1900s 4 Wheel Wagon E-spec" by azervich
<kuid2:103475:28016:2> "VR 'Mallee' Waiting Shed - 1" by s301
<kuid2:60238:26184:1> "Transcontinental Hotel" by vulcan
<kuid2:103475:1162:2> "UFTG Hotel" by s301
<kuid2:103475:37005:2> "VR Trackside Fence" by s301
<kuid2:103475:60004:1> "Yallourne (Vic) Briquettes" by s301

All are dependents of the Healesville - 1913-1920 route and various sessions based on that route.

Any guidance would be welcome.

I had the same issue (but for different assets) and got it partially sorted out after a DBR then an extended DBR: only 4 remained (starting with more than 20).

In my installation (Build 105096, no plus , silver or gold) these assets are all Built-in. They are in the folder <TRS19_data_location>\packages\sc236f_2. You could try erasing this folder, and forcing a redownload.

Peter

Thank you for the above posts. I will do an Extended DBR and if that does not work then I will delete the named folder to force a reinstall of the DLC.

I don’t know whether this will help or not, but on a previous build I was having a similar problem and contacted the help desk. Their answer and solution was very easy. “click on the asset and then click on the content menu at the top of the screen. There was an extra line which, at the top of the list as I remember, had an option to re-install the payware asset” it worked on about four payware items I had which showed payware not installed. The exact instructions were as follows

[FONT=&quot]You should be able to enable this asset by following these steps:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1) Click on Manage Content on the Trainz launcher screen[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2) Enter the kuid number ( ) into the search box at the top right [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3) Select the asset in the list, then click on 'content' at the top of the Content Manager window, then click on 'enable'.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The asset should then be enabled, and available to use.[/FONT]

Try it and see if it works for you.

Last edited:
The EDBR made a difference to the first asset, the "Pre 1900s 4 Wheel Wagon E-spec", so it is now fixed but no change to the others. So I deleted the "sc236f_2" folder and requested a re-download of the missing DLC assets but this has had no response - no download window appearing on the Surveyor/Driver start screen after numerous restarts.

Thank you for your suggestion Paul but as the affected assets are now showing as greyed out "Not Installed, Payware (not active)" instead of red "Not Installed, Payware (not active)" - a subtle difference to be sure - I am unable to attempt your solution. I did try restoring the deleted folder from the recycle bin followed by a DBR but it made no difference.

Healesville is not high on my list of priorities but I like to keep a clean and tidy ship. I will wait to see what develops.

The EDBR made a difference to the first asset, the "Pre 1900s 4 Wheel Wagon E-spec", so it is now fixed but no change to the others. So I deleted the "sc236f_2" folder and requested a re-download of the missing DLC assets but this has had no response - no download window appearing on the Surveyor/Driver start screen after numerous restarts.

Thank you for your suggestion Paul but as the affected assets are now showing as greyed out "Not Installed, Payware (not active)" instead of red "Not Installed, Payware (not active)" - a subtle difference to be sure - I am unable to attempt your solution. I did try restoring the deleted folder from the recycle bin followed by a DBR but it made no difference.

Healesville is not high on my list of priorities but I like to keep a clean and tidy ship. I will wait to see what develops.

Log out and wait then come back in and eventually stuff will sync back up. The alternative is to change your login name to something like pwar to force a disconnect, exit, wait, then put in the correct user name. This will force the server to reauthorize your content and allow it to install.

Need a dbr when deleting packages so they get removed from the data base, then restart and it should resync.

Thank you John and Malc. I will attempt your suggestions when I return later tonight (local time).

The alternative is to change your login name to something like pwar to force a disconnect, exit, wait, then put in the correct user name. This will force the server to reauthorize your content and allow it to install.

Thank you, that partly worked - but the key word there is wait. The missing DLC assets have downloaded but with errors. I ran a DBR and now I have 54 faulty assets. Now running an EDBR (and praying).

EDIT: The EDBR has made things worse - more faulty assets. So I have now created a Clean Database which has base and built-in assets only. It has no errors and no DLC. I am now in the process of installing the routes that I am currently working on from my CDP backups (I learned that lesson a long time ago) and I am getting their assets from the DLS (I don't use 3rd party assets). The many picklists I created are backed up as text files and are easily restored. So I should be back up and running in no time :eek:.

I will keep this copy of TRS19 SP1 free of DLC.

I do have another computer, which I keep at another location, that has TRS19 SP1 (full update) with DLC installed and no errors.

Ain't progress wonderful?

Last edited:
Thank you, that partly worked - but the key word there is wait. The missing DLC assets have downloaded but with errors. I ran a DBR and now I have 54 faulty assets. Now running an EDBR (and praying).

EDIT: The EDBR has made things worse - more faulty assets. So I have now created a Clean Database which has base and built-in assets only. It has no errors and no DLC. I am now in the process of installing the routes that I am currently working on from my CDP backups (I learned that lesson a long time ago) and I am getting their assets from the DLS (I don't use 3rd party assets). The many picklists I created are backed up as text files and are easily restored. So I should be back up and running in no time :eek:.

I will keep this copy of TRS19 SP1 free of DLC.

I do have another computer, which I keep at another location, that has TRS19 SP1 (full update) with DLC installed and no errors.

Ain't progress wonderful?

Well of course progress is just dandy as it "fixes" things.

After the EDBR, view errors and warnings and your faulty assets should go away. I haven't needed to do one recently, but I think that is usually the case.

Check what's happening regarding disk access from TRS19 or anything else on your Trainz disk or wherever the userdata is after the DBR has supposedly finished before assuming anything.

Using my second, remote, computer I have now identified all the "missing" assets in my current work in progress route. All but two of them are built-in to one installation of TRS19 build 105096 but are not built-in to the second TRS19 build 105096. I can't figure that one out!

The two non built-in assets turned out to be "Installed, Payware", something that I try to avoid when building routes for distribution via the DLS. Somehow they sneaked in so I have now replaced them with DLS sourced assets.

According to advice from the Helpdesk, you cannot transfer built-ins from one install to another via cdps. So I was thinking of doing something radical like copying the entire data install, all 60GB, from computer 2 (the fully working TRS19) to computer 1 (the clean install + DLS) to see how that goes. I would, of course, copy the data to a new folder and then point the Train Settings install location to that. This will be a project for over Christmas Day and/or Boxing Day (if I am sober enough).

Using my second, remote, computer I have now identified all the "missing" assets in my current work in progress route. All but two of them are built-in to one installation of TRS19 build 105096 but are not built-in to the second TRS19 build 105096. I can't figure that one out!

The two non built-in assets turned out to be "Installed, Payware", something that I try to avoid when building routes for distribution via the DLS. Somehow they sneaked in so I have now replaced them with DLS sourced assets.

According to advice from the Helpdesk, you cannot transfer built-ins from one install to another via cdps. So I was thinking of doing something radical like copying the entire data install, all 60GB, from computer 2 (the fully working TRS19) to computer 1 (the clean install + DLS) to see how that goes. I would, of course, copy the data to a new folder and then point the Train Settings install location to that. This will be a project for over Christmas Day and/or Boxing Day (if I am sober enough).

The 100% copy of the database works 100% of the time. All you need to do then is point your Trainz program to the copied over database. I was going to recommend you do that. 60 GB won't take but an hour or two to copy and if you're concerned you can do that overnight, which may speed things up some more. If you do plan on doing this, I highly recommend disabling real-time antivirus scanning on the destination drive. I made that mistake and it took nearly twice as long to copy the data because my antivirus program was having a savory meal as it digested each and every file that got transferred over.

There shouldn't be any concerns with this process. I do this all the time for testing purposes and when I want to run my current data on my laptop when I'm traveling. If I make any drastic changes to my routes in progress while on the laptop, I then simply CDP them up and install them back on my desktop.

The 100% copy of the database works 100% of the time. All you need to do then is point your Trainz program to the copied over database. I was going to recommend you do that. 60 GB won't take but an hour or two to copy and if you're concerned you can do that overnight, which may speed things up some more.

Right, you have given me a project for tomorrow afternoon to copy the data from computer 2 onto an external USB SDD and then copy it onto computer 1 (at the other location) during the replay of the Packers v Vikings game at about 8pm that night. That will also give me a backup copy of the full database.

I will let you know how it went.

Many thanks.

... 60 GB won't take but an hour or two to copy and if you're concerned you can do that overnight, which may speed things up some more. If you do plan on doing this, I highly recommend disabling real-time antivirus scanning on the destination drive. I made that mistake and it took nearly twice as long to copy the data because my antivirus program was having a savory meal as it digested each and every file that got transferred over.....

My Trainz Plus userdata is 182GB and I don't download much from the DLS. Maybe I should trim some of that DLC I never use.

I used FastCopy for a backup a couple of days ago and had to leave it run overnight. The copy was to a network drive and wasn't particularly fast.

The 100% copy of the database works 100% of the time. -snip-

There shouldn't be any concerns with this process. I do this all the time for testing purposes and when I want to run my current data on my laptop when I'm traveling. If I make any drastic changes to my routes in progress while on the laptop, I then simply CDP them up and install them back on my desktop.

I run 4 installs of Trainz ("official" "official beta" "plus" and "plus beta"). The "official" I guess should now be called "official plus" as I'm gold/plus member and the update from 100240 to 105096 took me to the 105096 Plus version. When I look at "digital downloads" on my account the "plus" version is the only one offered.

I've read in other posts that you should keep separate data folders for each install. That's what I've been doing. You can confirm that you run different Trainz installs from same data folder with no problems? Including beta installs?

Last edited:
I run 4 installs of Trainz ("official" "official beta" "plus" and "plus beta"). The "official" I guess should no be called "official plus" as I'm gold/plus member and the update from 100240 to 105096 took me to the 105096 Plus version. When I look at "digital downloads" on my account the "plus" version is the only one offered.

I've read in other posts that you should keep separate data folders for each install. That's what I've been doing. You can confirm that you run different Trainz installs from same data folder with no problems? Including beta installs?

You bet I can.

The beta version of my Plus install exists on a separate drive and so does the executable. I set that one up and ran that one to point to the database on my F: drive rather than my E: drive. The database folder is called TRS19_TEST (yes in caps) so I know which one is which. I wish we had bold and colors we could specify for folders, but it ain't that way for us.

I have done the same with other versions as well whether it's TRS2009, TS2010, TS12, and even T:ANE.

Now there is a catch with TRS2019 and Plus. If you are a gold member, you will end up putting Plus features into your TRS2019. Tony mentioned this in the forums back when TRS2019 SP1 beta was first out and I was going to setup a test for that one. The reason is both versions share the same code-base and the features are turned on and off by permissions. I have another software package that does the same thing. When I upgraded from Standard to Pro on Pianoteq, all I needed to do was put in a new software license key. They said that everything is there and all that was needed was to turn on the additional features. The upgrade, by the way, was $150 on sale! Pro is normally $850 retail.

You bet I can.
Now there is a catch with TRS2019 and Plus. If you are a gold member, you will end up putting Plus features into your TRS2019. Tony mentioned this in the forums back when TRS2019 SP1 beta was first out and I was going to setup a test for that one

Yes.. I am highly aware of that and in my opinion N3V needs to broadcast that fact a lot louder. I started out a little over a year ago by purchasing TRS19 Early Release at the (almost) $70 price. After a few months I joined Gold. Because I am Gold/Plus I now cannot download the "official release" TRS19 NON PLUS version. The only option I have in my digital downloads is TRS19 Plus. So even though I bought a TRS19 Early Edition version, I now have no access to anything other than Plus. Why would I want access to a non-Plus version? I'm crazy that way. I may just want to test a route from non-plus "official" to "plus official". Especially since I paid full price for an "official" copy.

If this is the way it's going to be then N3V needs to find a way to indicate on the "registered versions" icons (user description above) the version of TRS19 one has. Perhaps a new "TRS19-plus" (or "TRS19+) since I no longer have access to TRS19. The forums no longer make plain the version someone is using and it makes a big difference.

Thanks very much for the reply!
-greg

Last edited:
Yes.. I am highly aware of that and in my opinion N3V needs to broadcast that fact a lot louder. I started out a little over a year ago by purchasing TRS19 Early Release at the (almost) $70 price. After a few months I joined Gold. Because I am Gold/Plus I now cannot download the "official release" TRS19 NON PLUS version. The only option I have in my digital downloads is TRS19 Plus. So even though I bought a TRS19 Early Edition version, I now have no access to anything other than Plus. Why would I want access to a non-Plus version? I'm crazy that way. I may just want to test a route from non-plus "official" to "plus official". Especially since I paid full price for an "official" copy.

If this is the way it's going to be then N3V needs to find a way to indicate on the "registered versions" icons (user description above) the version of TRS19 one has. Perhaps a new "TRS19-plus" (or "TRS19+) since I no longer have access to TRS19. The forums no longer make plain the version someone is using and it makes a big difference.

Thanks very much for the reply!
-greg

Absolutely even for testing purposes the base version needs to be available to us even if we've moved on to Plus, and yes N3V needs to tell us right out because this is causing a lot of confusion here with some of us having the Plus-features in what is otherwise TRS19 SP1. Malc did send in a bug report on the pause issue. This was reported in the beta if I recall and perhaps the bug returned after something was fixed. We've been through this before.

Back