Auxiliary Water Tender

If your not looking for it to be North American look under water gin on the DLS - that what there called over our side of the pond

Is the one that K&L is making going to be freeware or payware? I could surely use that for long distant steam trips on my longer routes? :)

The only one I know about is by cloakedghost <kuid:76096:15606:17> on the DLS..I am not sure about what it holds and its purpose but it is a cool looking tender...
Perhaps he will modify it for us if we ask very nicely so we can use it on our long trips with the steamers.

cloakedghost275's UP Auxiliary Tender is the rebuilt fuel tender for his UP GE 8500HP Gas Turbine,

"Rebuilt from old 800-series steam tenders, this type of tender was converted to hold fuel amounts of thick 'Bunker C' oil to run the turbine for long distances. During conversion, the tenders were equipped with oil heating components that ran at a temperature of 200F in order to keep the Bunker C from solidifying."

It is visually different from the same tender when it served as an auxiliary water tender to steam locomotives. FWiiW

newyorkcentral did a repaint of cloakedghost's tender as the UP Auxiliary Tender 809 (Jim Adams) water tender but it is not remodeled. Neither asset is interactive for fuel or water.

(for more information than you ever wanted http://utahrails.net/pass/water-cars.php)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info normhart - wish I could find a 'torpedo tank' like we used to have here in Africa for extra water on the Garrats like the GMAM's on long trips as well as the SHV , a steam heating vehicle coupled behind the steam tenders on the passenger trains in winter for heating purposes.

cloakedghost275's is on the DLS "Download Station" link is at the top of this page be sure to check trs2004

I am trying to remember where I got the "Jim Adams", maybe RRMods.

Edit: Ah, I got newyorkcentral's UP Auxiliary Tender 809 (Jim Adams) <kuid:339906:2684> at Peter's Trainz http://www.freewebs.com/redboy747/games.htm

Sadly it does not seem to be there any more.

6hxc.jpg

Last edited:
There are two Union Pacific aux tenders post 2006 available on DLS.
<kuid:609568:101351> UP Auxiliary Tender 809 (Jim Adams) SR
<kuid:609568:101352> UP Auxiliary Tender 814 (Joe Jordan) SR

Back