Screenshots of Ben Dorsey's creations

That is very nice Dave, I like the stone work paving very much.

I decided that Ben's passing was a good reason to get to work on the Wilmington Car Shops.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Left to right Power plant and offices, far side passenger coach works, near side metal working shop, woodworking shop, freight car shops 1 and 2. All Ben's stuff except the small smoke stack on the metal works.

Early days yet but coming along I think. (stone work paving... hum...)

Last edited:
Man Norm your kitbashing can't be beat. I really like the large brick building I'm guessing the offices with the added conveyor. May I ask what it is?

The paver idea came to me in an old picture of a rail service area. I like what I see in the Wilmington Car Shops, but it needs to be a lot more dirty not muddy ;).

Dave

P.S. Thanks for the help on lighting as I should be making some new posts with the new settings.

<kuid2:210518:19721:1> AES_Westover_Power_Plant. According to Ben, "This is roughly based on the 119 megawatt coal fired power plant located off Riverside drive in Westover (Johnson City), NY built in 1901. It was closed due to environmental considerations and to cut costs. This represents it as it may have looked in 1982." It is all one building including conveyor, smokestack and outbuildings. Needless to say I've got a lot of power lines to string. :D This is one of over 800 industries Ben created and is interactive for coal intake.

What texture did you use for the paving and did you use trolley tracks?

Last edited:
He made some of the largest coal tipples in trainz and some of the most innovative

Sorry to ask again, but I can't find this Tipple.
Don't know the name or kuid and so it's very difficult to find when the assets of Ben shown in CM (download station) are over 6000.
Coal, tipple, coal tipple did not work.
Filtered on industry only, no luck either.

Can someone give me the kuid number please?
Would be a much quicker search.

☼ ? ☼

You could search username: Bendorsey ... Buildings and you could reduce the number of search results to 4770

I'm going to make you search for this one yourself ... lt is good practice

I'll give you a hint ... It was released 25th June 2017 ... so it is not that far in on the download list, and it is "PRR"

It is not: Coal, tipple, coal tipple ... it is coaling

https://www.auran.com/DLS/

Last edited:
Hi Norm the texture is called <kuid:393523:100242> RRM Brick Road 01 2048.

The track is <kuid2:69084:38004:1> Strabgleis 2 oF. The only problem with the track right now is it is floating off the ground. I am hoping after the new service pack things will improve as before they were perfectly on the ground and if not back to burying them...again.

Dave

@ Cascaderailroad...

You could search username: Bendorsey ... I did!

Buildings ... No, It's industry

and you could reduce the number of search results ... I did!

I'm going to make you search for this one yourself ... Tsssss!

lt is good practice ... don't need to practice, I know how to search.

I'll give you a hint ... Cool!

It was released 25th June 2017, so it is not that far in on the download list ... I don't see those dates in CM DLS search.

and it is "PRR" ... Didn't know that, thanks.

It is not: Coal, tipple, coal tipple, it is coaling ... Oh, but Norm speaks about a "coal tipple"

"coaling" did the trick, found it in 30 seconds!

Thanks!

hoedje.gif

on the other end of the scale Ben made me some cribbing, just a small item, but very useful where shale rock on creek banks keeps on getting swept away by flashfloods
vuqYu88.jpg

in a vain attempt to stop plies being washed way the Uintah added some braces which were generally pretty useless, Ben obliged by making a few bridges which had this feature.
w1fUJvr.jpg

this one is bridge 59b

Bens first bridge for the Uintah, 01 ,now sitting in the routes new color scheme which puts it a much better setting
eUxsYIH.jpg

Ben created 115 mine industries with names like Badger, Cash, Bobcat, East Terrible, Iron Bottom, and Fortunate. Almost all interactive, many animated.

Last edited:
:wave: Hello Dan,

Just got back from 16 days Cruise to Spain and UK areas was trying to find my Thread to update this morning, and ran across your new Thread..........:'( My body is still on UK time awoke at 1:00AM PST Time, so what better place to come explore than Trainz Forum!

I think this is quite appropriate for our departed friend, Ben Dorsey. So glad you created the thread to showcase this magnificent creator's accomplishments.

:cool: Thank you for your diligent effort here to remind others who might not know of our Gentle Giant of mans efforts creating truly remarkable assets.......The King of Trestles

Hope you are doing well and your Route as well........

Cheers!

Ben's sprayers,

He has done 6 that I know of. :D Shown on danddhud's excellent Powder River Basin Route.

Last edited:
I have a few of these sprayers in use at coalmines, but they spray all the time.

I would like to see, just like other industries, that it's only active when a wagon is entering the unit.

Is that possible or does that mean we need a complete new sprayer unit?

I have a few of these sprayers in use at coalmines, but they spray all the time.

I would like to see, just like other industries, that it's only active when a wagon is entering the unit.

Is that possible or does that mean we need a complete new sprayer unit?

<kuid2:210518:11174:1> Coal_Dust_Sprayer_3
<kuid2:210518:11175:1> Coal_Dust_Sprayer_4

Both contain drencher.gs which is a script to trigger the spray for loaded coal cars. Unfortunately it either does not work in TANE or it only works for certain cars or certain coal commodities.

msgsapper's <kuid2:439337:101616:2> SAP_Livestock_Drencher_Interactive_with_effects does the same thing for cattle cars and uses the same script modified. I have not tested it in TANE as yet.

Ben's sprayers are on my list to see if I can fix but I have doubts of my competence.

Edit: Looking at the drencher.gs I see that it checks each car to see if it matches certain car types (Catagory Class "XHB", "XHC", "XHR", "XHS") and if the cars are loaded. It does not appear to check for the type of load. I see no reason why it is not functioning.

Last edited:
Dangavel, is that coal tipple a special made for you by Ben or is it available on the DLS?

Ben put everything online, so its up on the DLS, look for carbonera tipple . beware though, its a weird asset, you cant drive an engine through the tipple due to low clearance ! there's only enough height for the cars to enter the tipple itself. in fact i'm pretty sure that number 51 has a timber balk going right through her middle in that screenshot i posted, I forgot the tipple is a bit strange compared to most others but thats the Uitah for you , it did things it own way. !

Back