NVidia Control Panel performance tweaks.

JCitron

Trainzing since 12-2003
7 Quick Nvidia Control Panel Setting to Boost Your Performance (gamersdiscussionhub.com)

These actually work. I was looking for something else not related to Trainz, and I found this. I tried the settings and TRS2019 performs quite well with my older (sic) GTX1080 TI. The only differences I made are I turned on antialiasing and anisitrophic settings to application-controlled. I noticed this really helps with such things as grass, track, telephone poles, and other thin things. I also don't have Pre-rendered frames, or at least I couldn't find it.

Last edited:
7 Quick Nvidia Control Panel Setting to Boost Your Performance (gamersdiscussionhub.com)

These actually work. I was looking for something else not related to Trainz, and I found this. I tried the settings and TRS2019 performs quite well with my older (sic) GTX1080 TI. The only differences I made are I turned on antialiasing and anisitrophic settings to application-controlled. I noticed this really helps with such things as grass, track, telephone poles, and other thin things. I also don't have Pre-rendered frames, or at least I couldn't find it.

Thanks John....worked like a treat. Performance increased right across the board.

had some of the tweets all redey set, not sure how much it helped doing the rest need to play with it some more,thanks for sharing the link.

Thanks for the list.

One "feature" than I found that really killed the fps was the high resolution scaled back to the monitor - the you was working at 3960x2580, then downscaling it to 1980x1290 (or whatever!).
Frame rate for Elite Dangerous went from 30 to > 200.

One other setting that can help is to limit the frame rate - it doesn't need to be higher than your monitor refresh rate.

Cllin

Thanks John!

Once I made those changes, TRS19 ran much better on our GTX 1060Ti with 6GB graphics memory! I may now start using TRS19 more; maybe even move my large route-building project there from T:ANE SP4.

Peace,
Jim

These actually work. I was looking for something else not related to Trainz, and I found this. I tried the settings and TRS2019 performs quite well with my older (sic) GTX1080 TI. The only differences I made are I turned on antialiasing and anisitrophic settings to application-controlled. I noticed this really helps with such things as grass, track, telephone poles, and other thin things. I also don't have Pr-rendered frames, or at least I couldn't find it.

Good Day John,

Thanks for good information.........

In checking my NVidia Settings, I found out, my program is not working at all, I don't know if Windows Update caused this or what..........But NVidia Control Panel is not showing at all my Hidden Icons Tray.......:'(

Some files are still in the Computer, very strange.......You did me a big favor with your update on NVidia Tools............I know my NVidia was in here about 3-4 weeks ago......Now I am wondering when my Trainz did CTD, if more than that was involved with the CTD......:confused:

Going to NVidia to reinstall the Video Card Software Program.....:)

In the Windows Control Panel It shows Driver, PhysX System, PhysX,,,,,,

Very strange.........I'll try to post more in this message about what I found out?

Well my friends,

First I have confess, I made a Boo Boo here.......

My findings, I did some changes a while back, in NVidia Control Panel, I changed a couple of Settings and I also got rid of NVidia Experience which unbeknownst to me, caused Intel Video to take over, and no further Video Updates on the Card.......

In other words, I messed up big time..........

Now for the good side......I reinstalled NVidia Experience which is what you need for Driver Updates and Installations consistently......

Once this was done, I was notified a Driver Update for this year was available to install........

Driver installed fine, and I have my NVidia Control Panel showing Hidden Icons Slide out panel.......

What I think I should do, since Platinum Trainz newly installed, wait a bit, too see if there any issues with the Change back to NVidia......Then go thru the suggested Settings you all provided today.........

Last edited:
Microsoft Control Panel for NVidiia is not compatible for me.......

Nvidia Control panel has to now be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/nvidia-control-panel/9nf8h0h7wmlt?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Changed due to MS moving the goal posts due to requiring DCH drivers now which don't include it.

Info here https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...h/standard-display-drivers-for-windows-10-faq

Thank you for the info,

Unfortunately for me, it says it is incompatible with my Windows Version.....Which is fine........:'(

Cheers

If you are on Windows10 you need to be on at least version 2004 which is when things changed.

They did have a link for the standard drivers, seems they have removed it!

Thanks Malc for that information. It's good to know. I did download the latest driver from NVidia's website though and it installed fine.

I tried these tweeks but reverted back to default.
Things were getting out of focus after 100m. (try looking at a bare baseboard grid)

I prefer visuals over performance because I create slowly rather than drive fast :)
( ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super and 2 x 32inch monitors)

Could you post your Video Settings for Trainz Performance Settings?

I tried these tweeks but reverted back to default.
Things were getting out of focus after 100m. (try looking at a bare baseboard grid)

I prefer visuals over performance because I create slowly rather than drive fast :)
( ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super and 2 x 32inch monitors)

Good Morning Sir,

I too am Running the latest Win 10 with Updates installed as of yesterday, on 2 year old ROG Strix

Mine is this one.....Bought at Costco and very happy with it.....Only changes I made, was added SSD to replace Platter Hard Drive and then replaced 500Gig M-2 SSD to 1000Gig (1-Terabyte), doubled my memary from 16 to 32, made a huge difference for File Operations and Backup Programs, DBR with Trainz too.....

System Asus Strix 17 GL703GE (all builds)
Motherboard ASUSTeK GL703GE
GTI NVidia 1050 $ Meg VRam

Pictures below show my current Settings at moment........I had made some mistakes last month and corrected them now. NVidia is selected and running.

Did not apply these suggested settings (listed below)just yet, since I upgraded to Platinum Trainz from Standard, and I want to see how it works, I sure differently in a number of ways? I wondered since our computers are similar and I think yours has a better Graphics Card, more VRam than mine...

Could you post your current Trainz settings, I would like to see if there is much difference to mine.......?

=============================================================================
NVidia Control Panel performance tweaks.

=============================================================================

Too my surprise I got this when I tried to get my Control Panel back and setup correctly, so I went directly to NVidia Sight and got theirs and it installed perfectly, then I got my latest NVidia Game Driver update for Jan 2021

So far so good, no issues for now.....

Hello Blue, just for you...

settings.jpg

Back