The Backshops Work In Progress Thread

USSc1798,
That’s great news. The Big Boys all seem to have a sparkly blueish tint to them when up close in TRS19, as I think they didn’t port over well. I was hoping someone would address that. Old 4014 could use a facelift. Your posted model above really looks nice.

Heinrich505

Seconded, most certainly! Great job, dude, and can't wait to see what comes of it!

Thanks,

Speaking of coming back to life, I found YouTube evidence that the steam crew got the old boy's whistle working! :D

This is the current progress of a modern, BigBoy excursion consist. (The FEF features ARN allowing it to be renumbered to 844)
This project has already been 7-8 months in the making, and by my projections, is currently about 45% complete. However, with the summer coming up, and increased interest in the project due to the real 4014 returning to steam, this project will hopefully proceed from here at a swifter pace.

Looking great, anxiously anticipating this. It looks like there's a crew in the FEF. May I ask how you do that? I can't seem to do it in the TF versions.

Many Thanks,
smyers

This is the current progress of a modern, BigBoy excursion consist. (The FEF features ARN allowing it to be renumbered to 844)
This project has already been 7-8 months in the making, and by my projections, is currently about 45% complete. However, with the summer coming up, and increased interest in the project due to the real 4014 returning to steam, this project will hopefully proceed from here at a swifter pace.
That stuff looks great. Keep up the good work.

Big Boy has been big talk as of late, especially with his inaugural run up to Ogden to commemorate the 150th anniversary of that golden spike.

That's good stuff, USSc1798, Trainz has been long overdue for an updated Big Boy. Looking forward to the eventual release of what looks like a UP pack in the making.

Until then, there's no need to rush. Keep it up, and hope for the best!

Traiman7616 is working on a generic light pacific pack which will be the next major payware release. He will also be releasing a WM K2 as Freeware and and then maybe Sierra #3

Last edited:
But even so, the previous models you've already made are still top notch!

One thing I like most about some of your locomotives (like your 2-8-0 Consolidations, 2-8-2 Mikados, and 2-10-2 Santa Fe's) is how you can change different parts on the locomotives (such as bell positions, pilots or cowcatchers, and even add on smoke deflectors) to fit your own image, and that gave me a bit of an idea...

If you decide make anymore old 1800's era locomotives and if you apply these same features to them, maybe one you could try is that you could change the locomotive's smokestack as well, since many wood burning steam engines at the time had many different spark arresting smokestacks of all shapes, sizes, and designs. What do you think of that idea?

Last edited:
Traiman7616 is working on a generic light pacific pack which will be the next major payware release. He will also be releasing a WM K2 as Freeware and and then maybe Sierra #3
Are those going to have wheels that only turn on the drivers, as well?

Back