UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Some shots of a Class 101 consist on my Alderdale WIP route.

101-on-Alderdale-Route-1.jpg

101-on-Alderdale-Route-2.jpg

101-on-Alderdale-Route-3.jpg

Believe it or not the 101 above is still at build 1.3, I reskinned it back in 2019 and today I changed from .pm to .im mesh files.

Cheers,
Graham

Believe it or not the 101 above is still at build 1.3, I reskinned it back in 2019 and today I changed from .pm to .im mesh files.

Cheers,
Graham
It was, and still is, a very good model which kinda shows the importance of getting it right first time.

Sure, it could do with being updated and having a custom cab etc, but it's still an important model in Trainz.

Yes it is. How did you guess? As always, fantastic screenshots

Lucky guess! I think I remember someone asking for it before but I can't remember what it was, and I no longer have it installed.

I'm sure it was a disc signal, but I'll look at it. Chillingbourne wasn't very good in any case so I'm working on a new diorama.

Cheers,

PLP

34028 Eddystone on a Harmans Cross - Norden working. Apologies again for the repetition of the images/locations:
0oNVfug.jpg

AepND0S.jpg

rCRaqvl.jpg

xLSE18C.jpg

Z9wpfKU.jpg

XfQe4cz.jpg

ddVGYZd.jpg

s3EXKS1.jpg

I'm currently in the process of super detailing the route as I'm not happy with it - to me it looks bland a 'samey' so I'm redoing the textures and adding in more fields and trees in the distance to give an impression of depth. It may add a few months onto the intended release date but it should look all the better for it!

Cheers,

PLP

Thanks Heinrich; you're nearly there - it's a rebuilt West Country!

One of Swanage from the top of the Purbeck Hills:
MaBxxbJ.jpg

Texturing and detailing still underway but it's progressing each day.

Cheers,

PLP

Oops, sorry. Will have to make ajustments in my trainspotting book. :confused: There is a strong similarity though.

I like the view from the Purbeck Hills. Your work is coming along nicely. :)

Purbeck Hills is absolutely beautiful! Having seen the rest of Swanage, and how close it looks to the real thing (I can't go drive out to Swanage right now though, unfortunately), I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it looks like in real life. Excellent job, PLP!

A glimpse into the not too distant future when LSWR T3 563 is returned to service. Seen here moving off Swanage shed:
ZnmN3bk.jpg

Running light engine up the line:
I0dZFEr.jpg

abilPqq.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

A glimpse into the not too distant future when LSWR T3 563 is returned to service. Seen here moving off Swanage shed:

abilPqq.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Excellent shots Parker! I knew that once Ed announced his preserved version of 563 was heading to the DLS, I knew it was only a matter of time before it showed up here! :hehe:

A few new ones from myself as well. Been developing the 1920s-1930s and WW2 versions of Dearnby and District in my spare time. I'm dedicating my upcoming vacation week to developing the South London Area so I wanted to get a bit of runtime in on Dearnby before I did so.

PSBSsQB.jpg
[/IMG]

iG16XWw.jpg
[/IMG]

Cw8MJrw.jpg
[/IMG]

fbRAYdm.jpg
[/IMG]

09djxbh.jpg
[/IMG]

Also, little Nellie on a milk delivery!

UDp8wbC.jpg
[/IMG]

TsS4qMo.jpg
[/IMG]

UDhxahm.jpg
[/IMG]

Excellent screenshots, Tanker! I didn't know that Fury had a Trainz model. And Dearnby looks excellent! Keep up the good work!

Excellent screenshots, Tanker! I didn't know that Fury had a Trainz model. And Dearnby looks excellent! Keep up the good work!

Thanks Andrew!

Fury is definitely a recent release by Connor at British Loco Works. It's also available in it's later configuration as No.6170 British Legion as well! Versions include it with and without Smoke Deflectors. It's a really nice model that works well with Dearnby!

xrzpcFo.jpg
[/IMG]

VAuTOMB.jpg
[/IMG]

Q050zgI.jpg
[/IMG]

dmhQcyZ.jpg
[/IMG]

GGCkRaa.jpg
[/IMG]

Speaking of new models... My good friend Pilotwoo made me these fantastic new LSWR 10T Brake Vans for my Southern Route Project. Although most had expired by the time BR had rolled around, several of them were still in use at Three Bridges and Wadebridge for engineering trains and local goods workings. They make for excellent brake vans no matter the era - thanks Barney! :D

S9a8T9O.jpg
[/IMG]

b3RhWUj.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice shots.

Texhnically, those are "Road Vans" as they could also carry goods - hence the side doors.

Are they going to be released anywhere?

Nice shots.

Texhnically, those are "Road Vans" as they could also carry goods - hence the side doors.

Are they going to be released anywhere?

Road Vans! I had forgotten their nickname but I thought people would confuse it with the 8T Goods Van version. So I just called them brake vans out of simplicity.

As far as release goes I believe that they will be at some point Barney and I have been planning a lot of different wagon projects. (LSWR, SR, GWR and LNWR to name a few) and I am sure he'll release a public version of it with an assortment of other LSWR Wagons at some point. He's got his hands full with the 8750 and GWR Wagons at the moment! But rest assured they will pop up sooner or later. ;)

Although the version I have has special little trinkets inside (Barney managed to put a picture frame of my child on the desk inside it. :hehe) so I think that this one is strictly going to be for my personal use. He's a pretty amazing guy that's for sure! :D

Last edited:
Great shots all; especially loving the road van. Edh6 has done one which is on the DLS but another version is always appreciated!

Class 08 D3591 bringing the C set from Harmans Cross:
W7vrYbY.jpg

tAQEQfY.jpg

cJ7ABH2.jpg

Later, Metropolitan E class no.1 departs Swanage with the C set for Corfe Castle:
TRdl7WX.jpg

ndB0VFR.jpg

UuibqnS.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Excellent screenshots, PLP! Loving how Swanage's coming along!

Speaking of Swanage... I decided to download the demo available on the DLS, and took a shot of Sir Lamiel at Swanage station. It's a very nice route (although I'm a bit disappointed in its size... even though it's a beta from 2020), and I'm very excited for the full version!
bsTPRwf.jpg

(Excuse the black bar at the top - that's automatically made from the new MacBook Pro that finally arrived for me, since the notch is hidden in fullscreen. Still a nice screenshot, in my mind.)

Great screenshot, it looks like the lady on the platform is writing the number down!

I'm glad you like the route; the full version is coming along very nicely indeed and should be ready for release later this year with a little luck, but we'll see.

One from me; PWay work is being undertaken on the main line outside the shed, so trains wanting to use platform 2 need to come off the main and into the loop before rejoining the main by the signal box:
Un4XYtQ.jpg

The staff must be on a tea break!

Cheers,

PLP

Great screenshot, it looks like the lady on the platform is writing the number down!

I'm glad you like the route; the full version is coming along very nicely indeed and should be ready for release later this year with a little luck, but we'll see.

One from me; PWay work is being undertaken on the main line outside the shed, so trains wanting to use platform 2 need to come off the main and into the loop before rejoining the main by the signal box:
Un4XYtQ.jpg

The staff must be on a tea break!

Cheers,

PLP

Excellent shots Parker! I do quite like the Permanent Way shots! It's nice to see the railways maintaining upkeep - as long as it's not ripping up rails! ;)

Hope you won't consider it too impudent to share my own maintenance screenshots from a new section of Dearnby!

pcmtj2a.jpg
[/IMG]

H009uwa.jpg
[/IMG]

It's the middle of summer and work needs to be done on the line leading up to Aynmouth. The Permanent Way train arrives at Pencombe Castle Station around 10:00am to pick up supplies and test the equipment. The train is headed by Ex-LSWR H16 Class or "Green Tank" they were formerly known. In the mid-fifties the Feltham based tank engines were beginning to be withdrawn en mass due to the introduction of diesel-powered shunters and were quickly on the scrapping line. However, Dearnby managed to get their hands on two examples from Feltham to replace two N Class moguls lost in the Dearnby Central Bombings in 1942. No.30518 and 30520 were in service with Dearnby until withdrawal in 1965 but were assigned to engineering works trains after Dearnby Central acquired several W Class Tanks in 1963.

Pencombe Castle is a popular vacation location due to the ancient Welsh castle it was built around. As such it has many railtour visitors come through from three different regions of BR. As the Permanent Way Gang gets ready for their morning task, a Lancashire Special from Manchester is making its return trip from Dearnby Central. The train is being top and tailed by L&Y Class 28 52322 and L&Y Class 5 50621 which have been recently preserved by the National Railway Museum. They certainly gave the sheep a surprise as they rolled along the countryside on their way to Pencombe!

Br2aY2s.jpg
[/IMG]

3P17G70.jpg
[/IMG]

LGlpCtY.jpg
[/IMG]

Not at all Tanker, they're excellent screenshots! Loving the W too - is that one of Conor's?

I haven't seen much of you here lately, hope everything is good!

Cheers,

PLP

Not at all Tanker, they're excellent screenshots! Loving the W too - is that one of Conor's?

I haven't seen much of you here lately, hope everything is good!

Cheers,

PLP

Thanks Parker!

depahM7.jpg
[/IMG]

That's actually an Ex-LSWR H16 that Knucklesnvector made. It's not on the DLS, but on his Kirkronan Webs homepage. It's a really handy model!

There's definitely a W Class on the way though. I'm working it out with Camscott right now..

Back