JointedRail stuff [screenshots/renders]

I think he means that there were no releases for a month.

no im pretty sure that there were releases in november, unless someone knows otherwise. I do know that we released a bunch of content in very late October though. of course our frequency of releases is entirely up to us and there is really no schedule. Items will be released when they are complete and ready for public use.

The CF7 for example while nearly done on the outside, has never been put into Trainz and has no cab interior yet.

9868628f1cbe434fc2e0da989cfe2ca0.jpg

In the next month or two, these cars might finally return to the land of the living after being unavailable for a while (having been updated, of course).

Breaking in Adam's new BN RBL reefer on a trial run.

On a hot and hazy July 1986 weekday, the Long Island RF-61 crew has the air conditioning propped open and has just grabbed their Form 19 from the block operator at KO. Ronkonkoma does not yet show any signs of the electrification that will completely change this scene in two short years, but changes have already begun a few miles west in Farmingdale. Still, today is business as usual for this crew who will take this short cut to Hicksville where they will pick up another 19 cars and drag them to Holban yard before heading back east.

E15 #152 does the honors solo today after a sister had a bellyache earlier this morning. Equipment for midday commuter trains waits in KO yard, just beyond the station.

scr_569b2a0678780.jpg

Last edited:
They released the SD60E's as well as the SP SD7 pack close to Christmas. Give them a break, they do have normal lives like most of the rest of us!

Ok that is true, but I think they definitely overdone with the SD60Es, Why does JR classify them as different engines? They are just SD60s with redone insides and cabs! I personally get about everything else, like their personal lives, but SD60Es are SD60s, say if they were to make CN SD40-2Ws, they would classify them as SD40-2s, but NO, NS is WAY more important than all the other Class Is

Breaking in Adam's new BN RBL reefer on a trial run.

On a hot and hazy July 1986 weekday, the Long Island RF-61 crew has the air conditioning propped open and has just grabbed their Form 19 from the block operator at KO. Ronkonkoma does not yet show any signs of the electrification that will completely change this scene in two short years, but changes have already begun a few miles west in Farmingdale. Still, today is business as usual for this crew who will take this short cut to Hicksville where they will pick up another 19 cars and drag them to Holban yard before heading back east.

E15 #152 does the honors solo today after a sister had a bellyache earlier this morning. Equipment for midday commuter trains waits in KO yard, just beyond the station.

Is this what Long Island RR Freights looked like? nice job! also do you need a super computer to run that?

no im pretty sure that there were releases in november, unless someone knows otherwise. I do know that we released a bunch of content in very late October though. of course our frequency of releases is entirely up to us and there is really no schedule. Items will be released when they are complete and ready for public use.

The CF7 for example while nearly done on the outside, has never been put into Trainz and has no cab interior yet.

Ok thanks for the info, I just remember on the "new releases" page for payware the October releases are stll there

Ok that is true, but I think they definitely overdone with the SD60Es, Why does JR classify them as different engines? They are just SD60s with redone insides and cabs!

By what measure? We class them as they are in real life - as SD60E. They have the frame of the SD60 but pretty much everything else is different in some way. You need to take a closer look at them if you don't recognize that. If you mean by the virtual model itself, then that was also completely redone from scratch not sharing anything with the original JR SD60s. Either way, you are completely incorrect about your assessment. The SD60E was a much requested item from our customers and since I am able to observe them on almost a daily basis now I created one.

I personally get about everything else, like their personal lives, but SD60Es are SD60s, say if they were to make CN SD40-2Ws, they would classify them as SD40-2s, but NO, NS is WAY more important than all the other Class Is[/QUOTE]

If I or any other creator on the JR team made a CN SD40-2W they would be classes as such, I dont understand your argument here.

any updates on the military mega pack ?

We will be showing some late additions to the train set very soon!

Thanks for the kind words all. The railroad in this era is quite fun to run on with the mix of freight/pax trains, while also operating under Rule 251 with a lot of old school paperwork; I use originals from the railroad from my collection that I use myself when running. As for what freights on the Long Island looked like, this is what one of the LIRR freight jobs of the 80s would have looked like; the RF-60 crew was based out of Ronkonkoma where they would take empties that the RF-62 brought the day before, and ran as a road train which made only one stop to pick up other empties left by the RF-65 at Hicksville. Other trains would typically be longer in size, but by the end of their run, the RF-60/61 would typically be 30 cars. The RF-91 was a monster road freight that would warrant 2-3 C420s and have a drag of 60+ cars - not bad for a commuter railroad!

The MP15AC is awaiting a big overhaul to bring it up to current standards and will likely not receive that for some time.

As a continuation of my last shot, the same crew (now RF-60 as they are heading eastbound) had a snafu in Holban Yard in the early afternoon and missed their slot, then forced by Divide Tower to wait out the rush before heading east. The crew has just an hour before their maximum hours of service are reached, but as they pass the famous station wagon horn rig buffs, they are just about to hit the yard limits of KO Yard. They'll tie up there and leave the 152 on 4 track for a CE (Change of Engines) crew to bring it back to Morris Park for the weekend.

scr_569c503caea29.jpg

Last edited:
Back