SmartSignals not remembering setting

F2Craft_Rail

Hi all, recently I have had a problem with the jointed rail signals not remembering the setting to allow a restricting aspect. I would check the box, and then next time I went to look at the signal it was unchecked. Anyone know how to fix this? Also is it possible to make it yellow instead of flashing red? Thanks

Are you editing them in the route or the session? Anything that has adjustable settings on it seems to only keep their settings in the sessions and not the route.

Editing on the route

If you edit them in the route. It doesn't save the settings. Those kind of settings are saved in the session. So if you edit the session instead of the route itself, the signals should keep their settings. Also, if the session is the base session (first one made along with the route) the settings from that session will daisy-chain over to any other sessions you make. This includes anything, even railroad crossing settings. However, that I am sure is in TS12 but I don't know what version of Trainz you are using so I don't know if the session building is the same in the older versions of Trainz anymore.

Last edited:
If you edit them in the route. It doesn't save the settings. Those kind of settings are saved in the session. So if you edit the session instead of the route itself, the signals should keep their settings. Also, if the session is the base session (first one made along with the route) the settings from that session will daisy-chain over to any other sessions you make. This includes anything, even railroad crossing settings. However, that I am sure is in TS12 but I don't know what version of Trainz you are using so I don't know if the session building is the same in the older versions of Trainz anymore.

Ok, but then why do all the other signal settings save then in route editing? Also I am using T2 MAC.

I'm not entirely sure but iirc I don't think that data can get saved into the route unless you save a session at the same time as the route.

I'm not entirely sure but iirc I don't think that data can get saved into the route unless you save a session at the same time as the route.

Hey NS37! I have 2 quick questions if you don't mind;

1. Will there be an "expansion" for the saferan signals? (i.e. much needed 1-3-3, 1-3, and 3-2)
2. Is there any way to manually set routes to get slow, restricting, etc like on the JMR signals?

you can set the diverging route of an 06 to unbonded which will cause a restricting. any signal before that will show an approach restricting or slow. for an 08, they will show restricting if that is enabled when there is sufficient room in the block.

those are the only ways at current to show restricting. also any 06 in driver will have a manual override that will force the signal to restricting.

you can set the diverging route of an 06 to unbonded which will cause a restricting. any signal before that will show an approach restricting or slow. for an 08, they will show restricting if that is enabled when there is sufficient room in the block.

those are the only ways at current to show restricting. also any 06 in driver will have a manual override that will force the signal to restricting.

Ok so what if I the restricting needs to be R/R/Y not R/R/L and approach restricting need to be R/R/FY not G/R/L ? Since I know how to get the correct setting now its just accuracy of the indication (in this case Conrail/ Norac).

Also about the 'room in the block' thing, that doesn't matter in some places like Cleveland on the NS where a train can get restricting for its entire trip if stuck behind something slow. Maybe make that an option?

Last edited:
Back