Does this asset exist?

If there isn't, I'm sure it would be easy to make one, but what type of asset do you need?

Should it be a static scenery object like an invisible nameable sign, a spline of some sort, or something else? And what do you mean by "can be named something"? Does that mean re-namable within Surveyor or re-namable by changing the username tag in its config.txt file?

More details please...

If there isn't, I'm sure it would be easy to make one, but what type of asset do you need?

Should it be a static scenery object like an invisible nameable sign, a spline of some sort, or something else? And what do you mean by "can be named something"? Does that mean re-namable within Surveyor or re-namable by changing the username tag in its config.txt file?

More details please...

I mean a static scenery object, that can re-nameable in surveyor. And the reason I am looking for an asset like this is because RRMods has released a CSX sign pack. But the subdivision begin and end is not re-nameable. So I am looking for an asset like the one I described so I can fill in the blank.

Last edited:
If I'm understanding correctly, you're not looking for an invisible item (ie, one that's ONLY visible in Surveyor which is what most people think of when they hear "invisible"), you're looking for a sign with black text and no background, essentially. I've not seen any signs without a background, the closest I've seen might be <kuid:622162:34023> AGF Sign No Post Chiltern Trains but I don't know if it would be the right scale or fit the background properly. I'm sure one could be made, but I'm not the person to say how or do it.

RRMods does say it includes a reskin pack, so you might have to create the individual signs you need as a new item for each sign.

But also I see this sign in their images
6M22N2q.png

I know it doesn't have a post, but is that not renameable either?

If I'm understanding correctly, you're not looking for an invisible item (ie, one that's ONLY visible in Surveyor which is what most people think of when they hear "invisible"), you're looking for a sign with black text and no background, essentially. I've not seen any signs without a background, the closest I've seen might be <kuid:622162:34023> AGF Sign No Post Chiltern Trains but I don't know if it would be the right scale or fit the background properly. I'm sure one could be made, but I'm not the person to say how or do it.

RRMods does say it includes a reskin pack, so you might have to create the individual signs you need as a new item for each sign.

But also I see this sign in their images
6M22N2q.png

I know it doesn't have a post, but is that not renameable either?

Which sign?

None of RRMods' signs are renameable. They do offer the PSD files so you can make your own but you can not distribute them.

I'd suggest searching the DLS for "name" and "sign". I didn't find any Begin - End Subdivision signs but something ought to work for you.

Like this perhaps

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

<kuid2:97008:29882:1> Sign renameable 3 lines scripted

use 2 back to back. :D

Last edited:
These can be height adjusted in game.
<kuid:30671:23110> Warehouse sign 8x2m white at 4m
<kuid:30671:23120> Warehouse sign 8x2m white at 7m with support
<kuid:30671:23100> Warehouse sign 20x4m white at 8m
<kuid2:30671:23104:1> Warehouse sign 20x4m white at 12m with support
plus
<kuid:381430:1356> SR UK Road Nameboard 3ft 1 Line No Post
<kuid:381430:1348> SR UK Road Nameboard 3ft 1 Line
<kuid:381430:1350> SR UK Road Nameboard Green 4ft 1 Line
<kuid:381430:1346> SR UK Road Nameboard 4ft 1 Line
<kuid:381430:1354> SR UK Road Nameboard Green 4ft 2 Lines
<kuid:381430:1357> SR UK Road Nameboard 4ft 1 Line No Post
<kuid:381430:1355> SR UK Road Nameboard 4ft 2 Lines
<kuid:381430:1344> SR UK Road Nameboard 5ft 1 Line
<kuid:381430:1358> SR UK Road Nameboard 5ft 1 Line No Post

Last edited:
Which sign?
I was referring to the "Begin Subdivision" one without a name in between, I thought maybe they'd set that one up to take a subdivision name, but apparently not.
You're really only limited by your imagination. ;)
This, this is very true. Additionally, I've learned over my time trying to recreate every perfect little detail in many route attempts gone by that you'll have a lot more fun with this if you let some creative liberty take over. What's the old saying, you're your own worst critic? It's one thing to want to be close as possible to the real world in a real world route, but chances are you're the only person who's going to know that a sign isn't completely accurate*, or looking at bigger picture items, no one else is going to get upset that the real world yard has more tracks than your model of it, or, in a number of my more recent examples, that in the real world certain roads are straight as an arrow but to make it fit with a series of overpasses I used the roads skew and weave in my route. Get the overall experience close, and the rest can be modified to your imagination. Let these routes be an interpretation of the real world, because if you try to make them perfect to the last stone you're gonna have a bad time.

All that being said, I too am curious on what normhart's white signs are. I'm almost wondering if they aren't a few objects placed together to make that?

*Another example of this is on a section of a Norfolk Southern line in one of my routes - NS uses blue signs with white lettering on their relay boxes at Control Points/Interlockings, I wasn't able to find one to fit perfectly, but in reality, if the route ever gets released into the wild, few if any are going to notice and/or complain that the signs I used aren't 100% correct.

Last edited:
Great.. I should have started learning Railroads when I was young instead of waiting till being an old grey haired grouch. I'm still figuring out what rolling stock is proper on routes and you guys are talking about sign colors :confused: I'll be long dead before I figure out sign colors! Guess that's why I'm focusing on just enjoying things and not worrying about lack of knowledge!

I can’t find the white sign in the photo.

I cloned the sign I originally posted, painted it white and changed the lettering size and color, I also changed the height range. Like I said, imagination. :D

If you (or I) wanted to upload it or share it you would need the original author's permission.

Last edited:
Dave Snow did a renameable sign, <kuid:101046:107300> DES_Sign Block Begin End renameable, and several industrial signs that can be reskinned as long as he is credited:

<kuid:101046:100108> Industrial Park Sign 1 DES
<kuid:101046:100109> Industrial Park Sign 2 DES
<kuid:101046:100110> Industrial Park Sign 3 DES
<kuid:101046:100111> Industrial Park Sign 4 DES
<kuid2:101046:100112:1> Industrial Park Sign 5 DES

Another reskinnable: <kuid:101046:106798> Sign Report Problem Reskinnable DES

In fact if you filter to "sign" and sort by author you will find he made HUNDREDS of signs, all of which he has now placed in the Public Domain. Find any one you like and go for it...

Back