Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Looks good Blue. I made a few remakes of Highland Valley Industries way back when in trainz 2009. In my remake, the first coal mine on the climb was replaced by a small yard, which then ran across where the adjacent tunnel is to reconnect to the branch line. Then I added another baseboard to the right of where the red/white arrow is,, leveled everything out, made a bridge across, and made a hill top yard there, which then circled down into another line.

Evening Southern 1581, that's really interesting to know, and the key here, that's what so fun on the Merge Scene, as i roll thru each new section, i find something i want to change for a variety of reasons, now the deal, is can i pull it off, or do i capitulate and figure it just won't happen this time? So far I've been able too, just wish it didn't take me so long to do, but then if it was to easy I'd probably be bored stiff,,, LOL's,,,, as in no challenge.

Tonight or tomorrow I'll work on Coal Mine, already tore all the tracks out and re-positioned the coal mine, leveled that area. Need some more texture work once I get more buildings positioned.

Glad you like it...

I must have spent a good 6 hours in that little area, especially trying to get the track radius correct in Logging Section....

One thing that bugs is when you have ⤵ curve's that cause serious overhangs with locos and cars, so I try to smooth my switch connections within reason to get a smooth transition from track to next track.

Thanks for dropping by....

Updated this msg, sorry it came out a bit ragged, I was typing on my Smart Phone and it's hard to see the paragraph structure........

Last edited:
Nice work Blue! Also, if I may make a suggestion concerning your texturing. If you have a large area that is the same general color, then pick two or three textures that look similar but are still unique, then, [;ace those textures down and copy and paste them throughout your desired space. Also, don't be afraid to go over the ballast textures. You can put them back in later. Hope this helps!

Nice work Blue! Also, if I may make a suggestion concerning your texturing. If you have a large area that is the same general color, then pick two or three textures that look similar but are still unique, then, [;ace those textures down and copy and paste them throughout your desired space. Also, don't be afraid to go over the ballast textures. You can put them back in later. Hope this helps!

Thank you Sir, that is a great idea, I was going back to add different colors in the new Mountain Ranges I created for Tile edge backdrop coverage (30-40 miles long) and didn't know which colors to add with the basic Green I used for quick cover instead of leaving it in Grid Line cover.

Working with T:ANE is really different over TS-12, which I've discarded in favor the 64 bit, especially since I running WIN10 now and gotten used to it, I want to use all my 16 megs of memory with T:ANE, versus the 32 bit limitations.

Your input is always appreciated, your teaching an old Dog new Tricks here.

Glad there is a forum here to play in, I learn a lot from you all everyday!

Last edited:
Coal Mine and Track Chgs (need help on Bridge Pier Lengths issue)Tane cut them short?

Good Day all, I went to the Dentist yesterday for Tooth repair, and it went perfect, so I'm a happy camper, got my Chompers working in unison! You only appreciate this when you get older Folks......

Ok,, Now to Trainz Biz,

Just learned how to put text in my pictures here, and I think I may have made them a little small to read, please forgive me, I'm still learning here. Hope you can read the tags?

If not let me know........So up on this side I dropped a tunnel on the ride side of this Pic (see 2 yellow Spline markers in the Ground) what this did, was allow me to get a new main below for travel off the mountain back to City of Highland, and also allows me more room on this Ridge up here, which I really needed since I felt, this Coal Mine was a little cramped space wise. as well I have torn all the Tracks out here, after taking this Pic.

Everything is going to be readjusted for better flow and fit.

I also think the Mill on Right is not going to be in here either, I plan on putting a different industry in here with the Mine?

Would like your thoughts on what I could add to the coal Mine? Suggestions welcome.

Red arrow in bottom, there was double line tracks, which didn't lay quite straight with the curved single tracks connected, so I ripped out all the Double Tracking, and will put in Single Track doubled, and with less Splines.

Took out original 3 piece Bridge on top, and put in this single span, and :hehe: I see I need to set the dirt underneath the Left Cement Block support on this., ooops, didn't notice it till I really looked at this picture. Don't hire me to put in bridges.....LOL

Here is overhead of area I'm changing, Coal Mine and Mill Plant, this is original Tracking now. I have about 1/3 more flat land space from the Tunnel I put in below, I have to redo the Textured Rock look a bit, but I'm not going to touch it now, until I get the Buildings situated.

The Author that built this did a terrific Rock Cliff Job, and I need to learn the Technique on how he did with different Colors, it's absolutely awesome, so realistic.

Now if you look to bottom middle of the Picture you have a great look of the Finished Logging Camp spot I finished. Just got enough room for good Track Curves, yes they could be tighter curves and I could have used smaller Switch Engines, but I chose to get the largest Radius I could within the confines of Mountain Space I had.

Brought a passenger Train thru to see how the curve worked, and it's great. I liked the Water Culvert I found in my inventory and as luck was on my side, the Color Texture just worked outstanding with the Ground Color here.

The Bridge over the water closet to us here, was replaced too, better Pier spacing with this Bridge, and who knows, I may run into another Bridge later that works even better, but for now, this one fit the bill.

:confused: A lot of Bridges in T:ANE from TS-12 routes had there PIER lengths reduced by 1/2 or more, something in translation from TS-12 to T:ANE?

I don't know why, maybe one of you can speak to it, I'm clueless on what causes it, but if you teach me I'm willing to try and fix the Pier lengths? (your input welcome)

I think my Picture and Text here explains it all.....

One thing I may have omitted, I took out all the trees here, so that's another reason it looks plain, along with Shrubbery and other stuff, that will be added later on, once I get my tracks and Buildings situated the way I like.......If I put in Trees and Shrubs, I'd be forced to move them when I do these type of changes, so I feel it's counter productive in the long scheme of things, just me..

That's it for now, thanks for dropping in and all the good comments.

Have a great day all.....

Freight headed thru new Tunnel Today

Evening all,

I should say good morning, it's 1:00AM already, off to bed after this post, Just thought I would share some pictures from a Freight coming thru our new Tunnel.

And a Photo opportunity from across the magnificent Lake here..I got my Water color exactly where I want it to be,,,,,liking T:ANE better each day as I learn the Quirks to it.

Pleased with this area here. It's a wrap for now.

Nice picture here of the rest of the Train as it passes thru our area.

Another view of the area here, I need to put some more items in, But I haven't figured out what I want to add yet.

:'( Had an terrible time with Coaling Stations tonight Mining Plants with Multi Industry Tracks that don't work at all in the Mining area as well as other Coal Stations not working right either?

:confused:Don't understand it, so I had to remove original Mine, and added the Coaling Station above here over the new Tunnel Filled in area.

For now will use the upper area for Steam and Coal support, along with storage tracks for Steam Engines until I can figure out why Multi Industry New and Basic don't want to work in T:ANE environment?

Sorry to complain, I just got bummed out with it, after 3 hrs of trying to fix what didn't want to be fixed.

Maybe there is something better in Industry New and Basic Types Track Sections I can find on the DLS?

That's all for now.......Will see what tomorrow brings........

Thanks for dropping in to see the show.

Last edited:
Coal Mine issues......Hmmm, What to do?

Good Weds all,

Have you ever had an idea about something you wanted to do, and no matter what you did it just wasn't going to work out......So this mine below, I really like it, Problem is I can't find the right Tracks for Basic or Multi, or New sectional Track that will unload my Coal Cars, I tried a ton of Different Coal Cars, and non would load or unload Coal.....

And I did preload and unload them on regular Track by check the Load, unload function, so they did hold Coal and did unload if I did it with the Car Properties Menu........

The Trainz Gods were cruel last night, so I had to change to something different. I was definitely feeling Blue when I left my Route for the night.

So I went and tested this Unload Loader Combo that comes with a Track builtin, only problem it's not a Mine, but for now I'll use it.

This is on another part of the Layout on my Merge Route.

So I copied the item to this location and it works OK, it is basically for Loading Steam Tenders, which is OK, we do have a fair amount of Steam on the Mountain mixed with Diesel. Also thought about adding a small Diesel Service Facility here too?

Your Thoughts please?

Ok, if you could, can you give me some ideas of what else might look good in here, I haven't laid in all the Tracks, and I don't need a lot either, we can do it either way.
Now here is a better view of the area so you might have some ideas of what I could do, also, these Tracks and Coal Facility can be mover anywhere in here, it's not stuck where it is now, remember will have another Rail from left side of Main to give a triangle approach to the area.

Just passed the Bridge where you see the first Signals, I'll start the other approach left into the Coal Loader area. And I can also start it right after the Bridge too....All flexible.

Thanks for coming by and visiting, your comments and input are of great value to me.

Coaling Stating n Diesel Refill, Storage, Radio Communics Added to problem area!

Good Weds evening all,

Well as you will soon see, I took another crack at it today and try to make it better, after all the mishaps with Industry Tracks.

Below is map Over view of where I have been working. CNR 250Ton Coaling Station was dropped in as well as Diesel Refuel Industrial.

In the Triangle of Tracks, I added Radio Communications for better radio's in the Mountain, repeater wise, stuck Microwave Tower just to the right of the Coaling Station on top of Mountain that over looks all the Valleys.

I think I have the entrance and supply tracks about right, might need to add 1-2 more crossover Track connections, have to run some trains and see how it works out.

Also made a long Siding on right side going away from Triangle to main line on North East Corner, also for Freight to be pulled out of this small industrial area and stacked up ready for pickup by a local, and not interfere with the Main Lines as Freights pass by here, or Passenger Traffic.......

This local bringing in some coal loads for the Coal Station, which takes Tender Support for the Steam Engines. Already brought in the UP Big Boy and filled his Tender with fresh Coal, that part worked like a charm.

This is the Triangle Track or WYE of sorts whatever you wish to refer it too, and you can see our Local is coming in off the long conection Spur, so mainline is clear for Fast Moving Rail traffic to skeet by here with no delays.

Guess I better move that little Green Car away from the Tracks be fore he gets move by one of our Trains. OOPS

Here's are Local backing in the Coal Loads to fill up Coaling Station in the back.

Diesel Tanks and Re fueling on the left here.

Back end shot of the area perspective here.

Here you see the Logging Camp, and the area I worked in today, I also fixed the Bridge foundation and got the Dirt Level correct for Concrete Foundation.

Big Boy has new Fueling Stop on the Hill

This is the last part of tonight's post, I wanted to get these up so you can see the Transformation.......Not quite done yet, but getting there.

This was completed now.......The Bridge won't be hanging in mid air like I had it yesterday....Woes me.....Shame on me.......

Picture of Master Merge, I haven't even been through all the routes yet, just taken my time and changing, fixing as I go thru it.

Red Star is where we are tonight so you have a point of Reference.

New Trackage all over here as installed new items,and leveled some of the area a bit. Trees and Shrubs will come later, I don't know when?

Big Boy is getting Tender Service here....Worked excellent.

And of course the Boys need to pose for a picture, they are happy with there new Digs!!:cool:

Thanks for dropping in Folks, hope whatever I do here is of some help to you all.......

Looks like it's coming together quite nice! I like all the details you're putting in with your merges and edits, like the microwave tower. Makes absolutely perfect sense. Also glad to see you got the bridge fixed up...was a bit nerve racking driving across it earlier when I looked down and realized that the abutments weren't actually attached to anything. Can't wait to see what you do with it next!

Looks like it's coming together quite nice! I like all the details you're putting in with your merges and edits, like the microwave tower. Makes absolutely perfect sense. Also glad to see you got the bridge fixed up...was a bit nerve racking driving across it earlier when I looked down and realized that the abutments weren't actually attached to anything. Can't wait to see what you do with it next!

:eek: Thanks, I think what happens sometimes is? When I'm adjusting the Land levels from a distance I over extend with the Cursor Circle, and overreaching just over a hill or something, unbeknownst to me and something changes, I don't find out till day(s) later, because when I originally had the Bridge put in the ground and it was OK.....Anyway, glad I saw it before someone got hurt.

Someday if it works out, I want to separate things into distinct Layers, so certain items are locked in when I'm working in an area.....I have read that T:ANE has a function to move things bulk wise into a Layer of your choice.? At least I thought that was what I understood it to be.

As for the yard, thanks for Kind words, I just trying to get the little stuff situated, like extra Rails Ties, small buildings, houses etc that would go with the Flow....

I have to look around on the other parts of my Layout, with 10 different Routes here, I should be able to find some examples I can draw from....I think I got most of my Tracks OK on ingress/egress concerns. I threw in another X Cross over link in the back to be able to run around the Coaling Tower with Power so it could allow you back an engine in on free Track, then link up behind another Steam Engine and your queued up behind other Power, that's only if the Coaling Station is full on both sides.

Last edited:
Someday if it works out, I want to separate things into distinct Layers, so certain items are locked in when I'm working in an area.....I have read that T:ANE has a function to move things bulk wise into a Layer of your choice.? At least I thought that was what I understood it to be.

You can indeed bulk move assets between the layers. Analize the Bulk asset window, and the way becomes clear (menu> Bulk asset blah blah...)

Moon Light VS the Locomotive Lights

Evening all,

You when you move from one house to another, inevitably, something get's left behind in the move, Since I came to T:ANE I knew did this merge, I felt like I was missing something, as to what, well it was my Moon Collection (3) and sure enough they were still in my inventory here, however 1 doesn't seen to like T:ANE. No BIGGY at least I have 2 for now, so I put my Moon up in the Sky here, and changed time to night mode and had fun looking at the moon reflection with the Crews. I think it adds a nice touch, plus I can move it, change height anywhere on the Layout, and have as many Moons as I want, like Camera's so to speak.......

So lets see what happens when the Crews turn on the lights, well, they are very powerful at full Beam, but you can still see the Moon in the Sky, and That makes me a happy camper.....

Turn around behind, and wow, the dark Canyon is lit up, whch reminds me, I know what I forgot to drop in here, Yard Lights, just a few is all we need.

Whoa whats this, did the moon change position on me, or I'm drinking too much, neither Folks, it's just a second moon located way over in the High Mountain Ranges I made.

And here we are in early morning and the moon is still visible here., more to due with this Picture I drop in one last track as a run around for Locomotives to by pass the Coaling Station if it is being used, we have a UP SD-40 with UP Slug behind it, headed to back, it will switch across 3-4 Tracks ladder style and come up on Diesel side for Fuel and Sand Service. There is one Tail Track at very end of this Canyon, and that allows any size Loco or 4 pack of Locos, to come in and get to the other side without interrupting other Locomotive Services that are in use.

I moved some of the Houses around here, and I did some Planting too in this area, I'll try and post the pictures later tonight if possible.

I also put up more signals in this area and used CNR Lighted Switch handles, look carefully behind first Double Red Lighted Signal below in Picture (just to left of Signal Lamp) and you'll see a Switch Stand showing Green route order preference.

Thanks for coming by to visit.........And info on Bulk assets move to new Layer.

Few shots of area I worked on tonight!

Been busy day, honey do's then busy tonight trying get my area planted with Trees Shrub and Signaling

Blue Planet is headed thru the passes ahead.......Picture Below.

Some snow Capped Mtns here as he passes us by at 60MPH......Smooth run on these new Rails.

UP is doing a reverse move, as we had to keep him on the Main while we tested some new Signaling....Now he is headed back to drop off Coal Loads in new Coal Loading Station.

And this is my accomplishment for tonight, added a huge Radio Tower to the Left, and planted lots of items, I have to play with the plants some more, and I might put in some different size grass on the left, I'm not sure if I like it that high for this area. I suppose it is better than bare looking........

Drop in Water Spout for the Steam Engine service and a large Dirt Road too, I have to take more pictures tomorrow so you can see around the curve here.....Just got too late and I ran out of time.

Have a good Friday, as I see it's 1:00 AM already....Time flies when your having fun with T:ANE.........

Thanks for visiting today.....:wave:

Signal issuses to work out still.

Good Day Friday, as Thanksgiving is ever closer, I love Baked Turkey and all the fixings,

Well here are the latest Pictures for today, I added lots of things. My issue, 2 of my mainline signals that are located on Mains passing this yard are not showing clear for some reason, if worse comes to worse, I rip out some mainline tracks to isolate the issue.

The Yard is OK now, after I found out, one of my Rail Ends was turned backwards, so my yard Dwarfs cleared up,,,,,Took me a few minutes to figure it out. LOL, always fun.

Here you can see a huge view of everything, and I wanted you to be able to see the new Radio Tower I dropped in. I think I will remove the Green Grass and put in short Grass........I have to experiment some, that is the one thing I am not sure about, but it doesn't take long to fix, actually,I think I can do bulk replace here?

UP Engine went out of Service so we brought one from the new yard to pick up these stranded Loads. It was a short distance and the new Yard proved it's worth, it's 3 mins away from here.

Little Steam coming across the Bridge and from here you can see how tall the Grass is, I think it is out of proportion for this area?

Now the Bridge looks right as our first manifest train comes across under a cloudy sky......

Overhead Map here as the yard looks now, I put in details later once all is said and done.

That's it for now,,,,,Have a great weekend.

Last edited:
I like it! I like those moons a lot too, something I might try with one of my own routes.

Morning Southern 1581,

;) Thanks for the Kind words. I copied my inventory list here for reference Kuids. I think I'm using Moon Large, One of them doesn't show in T:ANE, not sure why?,,,,I'll have to check it later after I get my Signal issue squared up.

:eek: I don't know what the Truck & Trailer Moon is, I suspect it might be a real Truck with Moon Logo or something?

Hopefully this will help you find one of your liking....I think they are really cool too.

MAp of this weeks area I worked on, plus so Night Steam Shots for you!

Good evening all,

I tried to label this so you can see what I did, and whats where?

:wave: This area is now very compact, however Southern 1581 was instrumental in lending me a hand finding another Materials Plant to fit in just across from the Coaling Plant. It's not here in this picture, but later you'll see it.......Thanks Southern 1581, much appreciated on the idea.

:confused: So I fixed my signal issues after ripping out 10 miles of track, wasn't too bad most was single Mainline, and some Switches, if nothing else I'm getting faster on this stuff. Problem was I had 2 types of Signal Brands, and placed not quite right locations, so they had a fight, one of them won by constantly showing Red......I dropped in some Safetrans and cleared the rest of the hellions out of there, there will be no fighting on my railroad, even if I'm the one that started the problem, because I'm the boss and that's all there is to it.......

:'( Actually, user Error.......grrrrrrrr I should have known better.......

And I finally found the corrected the Multi Industry Rail Tracks that unload Coal tonight,

I had forgotten there are 2 types in my inventory, and one isn't for beans, the other one works perfect. So now after testing it, and it worked flawlessly, I will set the tracks up with a new JR Aggregate Plant to handle different types of Ore and Coal.

Also removed the high Grass and put in some lower Bladed one.

Added Night Lights in the Yard, may have over done it, Might need to take 1-2 out.....Too much light maybe for small area?

Everything else is coming into form now.....My next move will be to goto top of mountain and redo Tracks and Passenger Station up there, area is little larger than this.....Shouldn't be too bad at all, and I want to change a couple of the Buildings up there too.

I think it will be fun, looking forward to it.

:) Ok. I had fun tonight and took a few night shots of one of my favorite Steamers......He wanted to be a star, so I took lots of Pictures of him rolling down the Tracks at midnight!

And her he is, #2774, I dig the green lights,,,,and the Horn to die for....What a prince of Engine, I know there is lots more out there.

Here he comes by the new Steam and Diesel Yard very late at night, and you get to see my lit up radio Tower, I like it too!

Ok, he is really showing off here with Lighting and Plenty of Steam coming up, pulling about 50 MPH, smooth as silk! Now that the Signals are working as intended.

It doesn't quite show here, but I have an interlocker Safetran 08 I think RED Blinking Green and Red, Green just blinked out as I took the picture........

Here is Mountain View looking out over Canyon and Yard, you can see the night Yard Lights I put in, they are quite Strong.....So I might yank 1-2 too tone it down? Will see.......

I have more picutres to prepare for your viewing pleasure, I post hopefully in the AM.

Thanks for visiting all,

Back