K&L Trainz Steam Locomotive pics!

Arrgh! A little help from all you K&L fans, please.

At one time Steve released a set of passenger cars, I have no idea what loco they might have come with if any, the odd thing about this set was that they were from several railroads. I think I remember that one was a Western Maryland car but it was not the WMSR set. I remember that one of the cars had an easter egg in one of the bathrooms, I think.

I've spent most of the last three hours searching for this set. Anyone got a clue what I'm talking about?

Edit: As soon as I post a question like this I find the answer. The car came with one of the SRC sets <kuid:68926:475010500> SRC Coach Warren F Benner.

Whew! :hehe:

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

:hehe:

Last edited:
The coach came from the N&W 475 megapack, which has the modern versions of the SRC vintage fleet. There is also B&M, M&PA and B&O? cars in the pack.

I remember that one of the cars had an easter egg in one of the bathrooms, I think.

Look inside the rear storage room on the back of the “Marian” from the 475 set.

Look inside the rear vestibule of the Presidents Car that came with the RDG 1187 set using its interior view.

Currently working on hiding random things in the Milwaukee road passenger car interiors too lol

Classics. :hehe:

"Here we see a GP38-2 stalking its unsuspecting prey."

I really enjoy the interiors of your cars, Steve. I especially like the caboose interiors. I've spent many a relaxing time sitting in the passenger car and watching out the window while the AI driver runs the train. It's just another option for us to enjoy the many facets of this hobby, and something I always wanted to do but was never able with my HO trains.

If anyone is experiencing issues with missing dependencies or with whistles sounds being incorrect, an error was made when packaging the files. You'll want to redownload the cdp from your account and reinstall overwriting the existing files you installed initially. If you still have issues let me know.

Thanks

I have a lot of MILW Hiawatha rolling stock but this set is unique since it is an excursion version. The real jewel of this set might be the MILW 10 Observation car shown on the left in the last screenie. I'll be digging through my collection to see if I can build a consist around it. :D Thanks K&L!

Thanks for this too

Added a screenie with the right rolling stock. Surprising how little Lackawanna rolling stock there is.

Last edited:
If anyone is experiencing issues with missing dependencies or with whistles sounds being incorrect, an error was made when packaging the files. You'll want to redownload the cdp from your account and reinstall overwriting the existing files you installed initially. If you still have issues let me know.

Thanks
Thank you for fixing the package. Still experiencing another problem. The business car "Milwaukee" won't move.

Thank you for fixing the package. Still experiencing another problem. The business car "Milwaukee" won't move.

While Milwaukee moves for me the wheels do not turn, I also note that I can assign a driver to it and then it moves with difficulty under tow.

Last edited:
While Milwaukee moves for me the wheels do not turn, I also note that I can assign a driver to it and then it moves with difficulty under tow.

Problem solved. I discovered that the tag "engine" was set to 1. All I had to do was set it to 0. Thank you for the heads up.

Problem solved. I discovered that the tag "engine" was set to 1. All I had to do was set it to 0. Thank you for the heads up.

By doing that, you loose the option of turning on/off the mars light illumination. So it's a give and take for now. I'm working on a workaround to have it work the way I intended without having the wheels lock up. Also, the issue was only in DCC for some reason, doesn't seem to have that issue in cab mode.

Back