beginner asking introductory questions

thirdtribe

Hello all. I recently purchased Trainz Mac and I am brand new to the impressive complexity of the Trainz world. My questions are simple: Which, if any, upgrades, engines, sessions and so forth on the download station are compatible with Trainz Mac. Maybe I missed it but it did not seem that any of them stated plainly that they were. Also, can someone explain how to 1) unload TTX container cars, 2) use the Freightliner container straddle crane. I know how to load the TTX cars with a simple container station but you can't seem to unload them there. I thought that was odd. That's it for now. On another note, I am genuinely impressed with the level of energy some you vets put into this. Like building locos for instance; I just don't have time for that. Keep it up though, if I can, I'll drive 'em all. Thanks. Later.

As posted several times on this forum you may get a response if you register your copy of Trainz first...

Hello all. I recently purchased Trainz Mac and I am brand new to the impressive complexity of the Trainz world. My questions are simple: Which, if any, upgrades, engines, sessions and so forth on the download station are compatible with Trainz Mac. Maybe I missed it but it did not seem that any of them stated plainly that they were. Also, can someone explain how to 1) unload TTX container cars, 2) use the Freightliner container straddle crane. I know how to load the TTX cars with a simple container station but you can't seem to unload them there. I thought that was odd. That's it for now. On another note, I am genuinely impressed with the level of energy some you vets put into this. Like building locos for instance; I just don't have time for that. Keep it up though, if I can, I'll drive 'em all. Thanks. Later.

Fair enough. I digitally downloaded my copy. Never saw any prompt to do such but I haven't really explored this site much as I assume this is where it is done. If not, I would appreciate a guiding hand. Thanks.

I have looked around and haven't seen a place to register my game. I'm, at this point, not sure how your response was supposed to be helpful. Thanks anyway.

I've heard there is an issue with the Mac version of Trainz - serial codes aren't either included with the software even though they should have, or the code is automatically registered with Auran upon purchase (for the digital download version) but doesn't show up on your Forum profile, thus people unfortunately can't tell if your version of Trainz is legitimate or not. I'm not sure how to fix this issue (especially as I don't have the Mac version), other than perhaps raising it with the help desk and seeing what they suggest.

As for your original query, it was my understanding that access to the DLS is available for Trainz Mac, but you have to search for Trainz Mac-specific content (I always assumed the DLS was cross-platform, but now I'm not so sure).

Anyway, I'm really sorry I couldn't have been more help. I really hope this hasn't dissuaded you from Trainz, as it is well worth using once you can get around these annoying software issues.

Lets see if I can help here - I know I haven't got Trainz Mac.

In relation to the serial number issue, if you bought it from the Mac App Store, add your username and password into the Trainz Options/Configure Trainz box, making sure that your firewall software is not blocking it.

If it is not from the Mac App Store, you need to contact Helpdesk. Be aware that they have had a lot of tickets, and may not be able tor respond quickly.

As for the Download Station, you can download content up to TS2010. Even though the game engine is TS12-based, the content set used is TS2010-based, as well as not having any of the built-in content from TS12.

Shane

I don't know about the TTX problem, but almost any content will work in TS MAC if you know how to fix it.

When you get registered you will have access to the TS MAC forum. (Yes there is one for TS MAC) where some knowledgeable person will be able to answer your question. Good luck and welcome to Trainz.

Back